[APP][3.0+][1.1][★Video Introduction] Visummly - Share the moments within your videos

Search This thread

adv1sory

Dec 2, 2011
Toronto
When you update the app on playstore, could you please update the description to show what you updated if you dont mind?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

genliang.guan

Sep 19, 2013
Sydney
When you update the app on playstore, could you please update the description to show what you updated if you dont mind?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sorry for making many mysterious updates :D
Actually they are just small bug fixes based on the bug reports from Google analytics, so I did not even change the version number yet.

When I put in new features I will definitely update the "Recent changes".

Reactions: adv1sory

genliang.guan

Sep 19, 2013
Sydney
V1.1 updated.
1. Set a photo as background - just long press any photo in your collage.
2. Add gallery photos - press the PLUS button at the bottom left.
3. Added Chinese support, my mother language :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP][3.0+][1.1][★Video Introduction] Visummly - Share the moments within your videos

V1.1 (2013.11.17)
    1. Set a photo as background - just long press any photo in your collage.
    2. Add gallery photos - press the PLUS button at the bottom left.
    3. Added Chinese support

==========================================================

After a month's effort to play with Android's canvas and different gestures, here comes my second app - Visummly.
    The idea is to turn any video into an amazing collage image, quick and fun.

If you like this app, please give me a good rating on Google Play. Thank you.

---------- Why I build this app ------------

1. We record videos occasionally, but most of them have never been shared, because recording an interesting-enough video is very hard.
    2. We shoot less videos than photos because we use them less, and video editing is time-consuming.
    3. Many videos contain lots of great moments (more than you would expect) that can be highlighted/shared.
    4. Sometimes it is just too hard to shoot photos at the best moments. Just miss it! The camera is not very fast.

Visummly is a new way to use your video, extract important moments from it, and reorganize it in a fun way.
    Hopefully it will make you shoot more videos :)

---------- See it live on Youtube ------------

---------- Who am I ------------

I am a PhD student at University of Sydney, doing research on Automatic video summarization. However, this is quite difficult and summarization quality is very subjective. Then here comes the idea of allowing users manually "summarize" their videos using a collage image (that's why called Visummly). I am personally quite impressed by the final resulting app, especially that I found there are so many interesting moments even in a boring video. Even better, putting these moments in a nice way could really bring life to a static image.

---------- Features ----------
    Let you pick the best moments from a video, arrange them into a collage.
    You can change layout (frames), background color/pattern, border width, with smooth animations.
    User interface has been tailored to be easy to use and blazing fast. Confused? Click on the question marks to see how to use.
    Here is the screenshot and some samples (Thank my son for his support!) :
    Visummly-20131020.jpg

Visummly-20131020-2.jpg

---------- your help ----------
    I would be very grateful if you could:
    leave comments here for any feedback or suggestions.
    send crash report (logcat) to info@visummly.com
    If the app crash, please click SEND crash report.

---------- download ----------
    You can install it from Google Play Store,
    The apk V1.1 can also be download from this link.

---------- by the way ----------
    I also created a Medium post about my experience on my first app PicPac Camera. Click here if you are interested.

Thank you all:laugh:
    Incredible work you did here! I think it is a great idea and allows me to finally use my videos for something.

Can't wait to see the progress of this app in the future,

Some suggestions for features....

1) Adding images to the collage from gallery if you already have that perfect shot. (incorporated into the video still image capture window)
    2) Adding a custom wallpaper from gallery to your collage.
    3) Allowing the user to choose how much of the video they want to use and how many fps they want to use as opposed to the fixed 1fps for the first 30 secs of video.
    4) Allow the user to choose the quality of the image output from best quality to least.

Great suggestions. (1)(2) are actually in my list for future updates :)

(1) is not provided for now as I still hope users to make a collage from a continuous video/motion/event. This makes the content inside the collage look smooth and consistent. Adding other photos from the gallery somehow breaks the "purity". However, this is definitely the feature I will add if many users suggest it (YOU are the first one!).

(2) is good. I am looking into it. Just not sure where to add a button to set wallpaper (background) image yet. Also, setting a wallpaper may make the collage look cluttered.

(3) this is hard. First problem is the memory issue. Now all bitmaps are in memory to enable fast interaction. Will have a look at ffmpeg to extract frames, while this generates many cache files.

(4) Now it basically capture the screen at its double size. Smaller size may be useful for quick sharing?

Thank you!
    Sounds good. Gonna try it now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Incredible work you did here! I think it is a great idea and allows me to finally use my videos for something.

Can't wait to see the progress of this app in the future,

Some suggestions for features....

1) Adding images to the collage from gallery if you already have that perfect shot. (incorporated into the video still image capture window)
    2) Adding a custom wallpaper from gallery to your collage.
    3) Allowing the user to choose how much of the video they want to use and how many fps they want to use as opposed to the fixed 1fps for the first 30 secs of video.
    4) Allow the user to choose the quality of the image output from best quality to least.
    Nice idea
    But when I try to share pics app just force closes. :(
    I am using note 2 i317 with jedi X19
    Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app