Thanks Meter: 7

By squigs, Junior Member on 15th May 2013, 08:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th October 2013, 05:36 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony2002

Have similar problem with revision number.
My TF700 has TCP10D47 rev V.02, but on ebay available only v0.1.
Some sellers wrote in item description that v.01 and v0.2 are compatible, some that not compatible.

Does anyone have information about revision compatibility ?

I rolled those dice. The v.01 worked in place of my v.02 without issue. The worst was waiting for the part.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to spasch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spasch Ad-Free

10th October 2013, 06:14 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Going to try it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony2002

Have similar problem with revision number.
My TF700 has TCP10D47 rev V.02, but on ebay available only v0.1.
Some sellers wrote in item description that v.01 and v0.2 are compatible, some that not compatible.

Does anyone have information about revision compatibility ?

Hi Guys,

I have a source for revision 3.0 but they want $129.00CAD each, I am going to try a Revision 2 on this tablet and I will post back my findings.

-Dave
davae93
23rd October 2013, 01:48 AM |#13  

More
Thumbs up compatibility
I can confirm that the "5184N FPC-1 REV: 2" works on tablets that have a broken "5184N FPC-1 REV: 3" digitizer. Just fixed mine and it touching perfectly.
27th October 2013, 06:29 PM |#14  
Flag Oslo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davae93

I can confirm that the "5184N FPC-1 REV: 2" works on tablets that have a broken "5184N FPC-1 REV: 3" digitizer. Just fixed mine and it touching perfectly.

No need to flash anything, just remove the old, connect the new, power up and everything works?

My wife stepped on my TF700 (my fault, had it on the floor next to our bed, she came in and it was pitch dark...).
I have just cracked it open by the help from the tool set and instructions on ifixit.com, and noticed the digitizer is a Rev 3, but the ebay and aliexpress are Rev 2.
So if I understand you correctly, I should just go ahead and buy one of the 5184 fpc 1 Rev 2 digitizers and install it as soon as it arrives...

Thanks,
Christopher
davae93
31st October 2013, 04:47 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grenness

No need to flash anything, just remove the old, connect the new, power up and everything works?

My wife stepped on my TF700 (my fault, had it on the floor next to our bed, she came in and it was pitch dark...).
I have just cracked it open by the help from the tool set and instructions on ifixit.com, and noticed the digitizer is a Rev 3, but the ebay and aliexpress are Rev 2.
So if I understand you correctly, I should just go ahead and buy one of the 5184 fpc 1 Rev 2 digitizers and install it as soon as it arrives...

Thanks,
Christopher

Yes that is correct the 5184 focus rev 2 will work on your tablet. Based on what happened it seems your LCD is fine so you are in luck. There is a thin plastic frame between the LCD (led) and digitizer. Use a hair dryer to melt the glue so you can remove the LCD first then try to remove all the cracked glass off the frame. Its very time consuming so be patient. Remember to also buy some two sided sticky tape to seal the new digitzer back into place.

Good luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
7th November 2013, 02:38 AM |#16  

More
aliexpress screen source?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz

For a couple days, programmer from Russia will make driver or something else, which will have invert X+/X- for this digitiser, but he say me, that this driver need to be included in ROM. And i will need to install this rom to my Asus tf201.
Who will can help include this driver to ROM???

Quote:
Originally Posted by squigs

I thought I'd post an epilog...

I've ordered and received the replacement panel, set me back ~129 USD (including shipping)
(Ordered from Aliexpress.com).

Replacement require you to be super gentle, those little hinges on the connector will break super-easly, do not apply for to them, they should be lifted up to remove the cable and pressed down to secure it.
Since the metal casing got dents hear and there, the screen doesn't sit 100% (you'll notice it in the picture) but it's really not too bad.
(I could of course try and re-dent it so it fits more tightly in, maybe I will do so eventually).

All in all, it was a positive experience, everything works smooth, screen looks great, I personally can't tell any diff from the original screen in term of sharpness, colors, brightness etc.

Best regards.

can you please share the aliexpress supplier for the touch screen glass? my 3 year old tossed my pad like a Frisbee and need to replace.
14th December 2013, 02:21 PM |#17  
Flag Oslo

More
How about replacing a Rev 3 with an 01?

I purchased a Rev 2 to replace my Rev 3 a month ago, it worked perfect - until today when my 9 month old daughter pulled the tablet down from the table by the charge cable. It apparantly landed on the corner so the digitizer is once again cracked.
To my surprise the price of the Rev 2 digitizers seems to have gone up by 3X, at least on eBay.
Rev 1 (or .01, or 0.1) are still reasonably priced.
Can I go for a Rev 1 for my tablet who originally had a Rev 3 that was successfully replaced by a Rev 2?
Has anyone tried?

Thanks,
Christopher
17th December 2013, 09:23 PM |#18  
Flag Oslo

More
Rev 3 available from eBay @ $110:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400623625242
Just ordered, seller has 2 left.

I just scanned aliexpress, no Rev 3 or Rev 2 (0.2) available (at least not for sane amounts of $$).
18th April 2014, 04:14 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but finding an answer to my problem I think this is the best bet.

I have a rev 2 that according to the ASUS repair centre needed to be replaced as I experienced sporadic touch registrations on the screen from time to time. On-line I could only find the rev 3 digitizer and after reading someone used a .2 to replace a .3 I figured it would work.

So after the long wait finally arrived and I went though the pain-staking process of removing the old LCD and .2 digitizer.
But ever since installing the .3 it detects very little to no input.
I plugged the old one back in and just left it hanging to the side and that seems to be working, but strange no go with the new one.

Someone mentioned a firmware a few posts back, is this something I need to look more into for compatibility with the rev .3?

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)