My Note 3 doesnt have the option to turn off the shutter sound, this is why I made this app.
Originally made for my Samsung Note 3, but I've tried on Samsung Note 2 and it also works.
Basically it just mutes that annoying shutter sound without Root.
Some Samsung devices don't have this option.
Anyways, don't have a good icon yet but once I do have a good icon I'll post in in playstore as well.
Anyone has a good icon?
Now it only works for Stock Camera app.
How It works:
If you launch your camera, it will mute your phone, if you exit the camera application it will restore the sound of your phone.. that simple.
- In some places, muting your camera shutter isn't permitted. Please obey local laws.
By installing Camera Mute, you agree that the author of the application will not be held responsible in any actions that you make.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy S2 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (Stock Camera)
- Samsung Grand (Stock Camera)
- Lenovo P780 (Super Camera)
- Huawei Ascend D1 XL (Stock Camera)
If it doesn't work for your phone tell me and I'll get in touch with you so that we can make it work or at least try to get it to work
Version 1.0 - 10/28/13 - Initial Release
Version 1.1 - 10/29/13 - New UI
Version 1.2 - 10/30/13 - Added support for Lenovo's Super Camera (Tested on Lenovo P780)
- Added support for Huawei's Stock Camera (Tested on Huawei Ascend D1 XL)
Version 1.3 - 10/31/13 - Added EULA
Version 1.4 - 11/04/13 - Added Delay Sound Option.
What Camera Mute does is it mutes your phone when you are running the camera application, and it unmutes the phone when you exit.
When you put your phone on silent mode then put it back to normal mode you will hear a small beep. Its the same beeping sound that you will hear when you exit your camera. This is due to how Android was designed. As of now, I don't know if its possible to mute that sound as well without ROOT access. Please don't post that Camera Mute doesn't work in case you hear that sound. I've designed the application to silence the shutter, and nothing more.
Doesn't work for you? Read this part
- If this app doesn't work for you, you can help me out by sending me the camera app name and package name.
1) Download the app called ApkSpy by ido, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1115021
2) Drop your camera apk file and send me a screenshot or the name of the app name and package name.
or send me the apk file please email it to [email protected]
In order to get the apk file from your phone I use an awesome tool name Apk Share & Backup by KN Inc.
This app was done using Tasker, please support Tasker by Crafty Apps.
Some phones doesn't turn off the camera shutter even if you put the phone on silent. If that's the same case with your phone then there is no way that Camera Mute will work.
New version will be out soon. I can't do anything about the beep sound when your phone unmutes, however I can delay it. I have updated the program (soon to be released) now it has a counter. You will have the option to change the seconds on when the phone unmutes. Its the only workaround I can think of right now. Would anyone be interested in that feature? Example I have the counter set to 5seconds, so after you exit the camera app, it will take 5 seconds before you will hear that beep sound.