How to - ROOT without tripping KNOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
Searched and didn't see this thread...Well at least not in Sprint section so here THOU ARE. How to Root very easily and keep KNOX at 0. If later you decide to Flash a recovery or ROM i assume you will trip KNOX.

I don't take any credit for this work. Install KING0APP from link below. Turn on developer mode "app shows you how to do that" Run app with phone connected to computer. When phone reboots you are officially rooted. You can check root with Root Checker from android store.

I successfully rooted and unrooted with his program and didn't trip KNOX. Unrooting does seem to take about 10 minutes. Dont worry its not froze.

The guy has a face book page "second link". Go like his page for more more info and help.

Mod edit: removed link

-I am completely responsible if you brick your phone! "sike" :good::fingers-crossed::cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mmaccon and Jocelyn

Kongoll

Nov 1, 2012
The only download i see is the n9006 does this root method work for all carriers? New questions I know just don't want screw my **** up.

fnztakedown

Aug 13, 2010
Phoenix
my assumptions would be that you Could as long as you didnt un install any needed Systems apps but I am confirming this works Knox is at OXO very happy

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mvansomeren

Jul 1, 2011
Sherman Oaks, CA
The latest version (1.1.1) of Kingoapp has been posted on their website and is ready for download. It supposedly fixes the restart issue and a few other things.

oldjackbob

Jun 5, 2010
Had anyone who already rooted with the old version tried to redo things with the new version?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

I rooted with the old version yesterday but kept having problems with SuperSU -- it was out-of-date, and if I updated it from Google Play market it would freeze while updating the binary. So I finally said Screw That, clicked on Unroot, did the Root De La Vega thing (copy files to root of internal sdcard, reboot, erase files and reboot) and that worked fine.

I tried Kingo several times and never got a clean up-to-date install of SuperSU. Everything might be fixed in Kingo now but I really don't care to run those traps again.

neonsector

May 20, 2010
I rooted too, how do you install the hotspot? I tried the one from Tim's link and it didnt work.

Last edited:

dallastx

Sep 29, 2008
Dallas TX
Yea I posted the new version every where but my own topic. As stated it's on the site.

Sent From Heaven on my Note 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Searched and didn't see this thread...Well at least not in Sprint section so here THOU ARE. How to Root very easily and keep KNOX at 0. If later you decide to Flash a recovery or ROM i assume you will trip KNOX.

I don't take any credit for this work. Install KING0APP from link below. Turn on developer mode "app shows you how to do that" Run app with phone connected to computer. When phone reboots you are officially rooted. You can check root with Root Checker from android store.

I successfully rooted and unrooted with his program and didn't trip KNOX. Unrooting does seem to take about 10 minutes. Dont worry its not froze.

The guy has a face book page "second link". Go like his page for more more info and help.

Mod edit: removed link

-I am completely responsible if you brick your phone! "sike" :good::fingers-crossed::cool:
    Thread reopened as the kingo folks have complied with xda requirements for source provisions.
    Does this work on MJ4?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Yes it does

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    Just rooted using this, couldn't be easier. Afterward, installed Xposed framework and Wanam module ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2496454 ) and now status is official. Glad I waited to root. Now, to see if (or rather when since Sprint/Samsung tends to be slow with updates) updating to kitkat breaks everything.
    HAs anyone figured this out yet? I tried using Wifi Router, it launched and everything but my computer couldn't detect the network.

I just posted an odex hotspot. For those with a stock phone using this method. Check the development section.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk