[AOSP] 4.4r1 by AOSPA

Search This thread

k3mik4l

Nov 3, 2012
So this can just be flashed with no gapps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

dano272

Jan 14, 2007
I flashed via twrp. Seemed legit. Quick perusal of settings indicated 4.4. Maybe because gapps weren't installed but I couldn't get Google now working - either through up swipe or the new right swipe from the main screen. Worth a go for the adventurous.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

AarSyl

So this can just be flashed with no gapps?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
Just an FYI for you and for others...you don't need Gapps to operate Android. But there are three main things to take note of.

1) You won't be greeted by the welcome screen, and it will boot directly to the launcher.

2) The Play Store will be missing, so obvious problems will face you. Even if you download the play store and install it yourself, you will be presented with problem #3.

3) You cannot add any Google accounts, so the play store and all gapps will be useless, even if they are installed from the internet. This is the main problem with having no Gapps.

But no fear, you can still install Titanium Backup and restore your backups, if you have any. Or attempt to install an old version of gapps and see what happens. Don't be afraid to experiment. I haven't heard about messing with software bricking devices as of yet.

SnowKing25

Feb 16, 2013
i tried to install the some apps manually but settings force closes any time i try to go to the security tab. everything else seems to work flawlessly though

jackxlj

Jul 17, 2007
flashing the old gapps wont work,you can sideload play store,then install the play services etc from the apps section and i think it will work,im trying now anyway

thekendog

Jul 25, 2011
I can't even sideload the play store apk. Says can't open file. Also, I went to check security settings to enable unknown sources and I got a FC.

aaronpoweruser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2007
earth
Does this use the Nexus 5 binaries or the Nexus 7 4.3 binaries? I mean the devices are similar to each other.

4.3 binaries (there is an issue with keystore I just noticed)

i tried to install the some apps manually but settings force closes any time i try to go to the security tab. everything else seems to work flawlessly though

noticed this as well

Could someone mirror this file I can't seem to download it at all

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Brand new sever should be good. Where are you located. and how long does it take to ping "http://www.paranoidandroid.co/"

I can't even sideload the play store apk. Says can't open file. Also, I went to check security settings to enable unknown sources and I got a FC.

^^

Reactions: liquidini

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know this isn't the warm Paranoid Android shaped Halloween treat you wanted but, i'm sure an extra Kitkat couldn't hurt. gapps now available

http://www.paranoidandroid.co/roms/
    Working on getting some new builds together. Don't expect anything before tomorrow.
    yep, this is only a AOSP build of kitkat, yet. But there's also no Android 4.3 PA build out for deb yet, so i have not much hope, that there will be a kitkat build. Of course nobody has "the right" for a build for his device. I only said it's "sad" that team PA doesn' seriously want to release builds for deb of their ROM, nothing else. And i guess this is fact, because if they would have serious plans for a ROM for deb, the Android 4.3 ROM should be out a long time already. The changes to flo seem to be small. Shortly after the 4.3 P.A.C. ROM for flo was released, i asked for a deb version and it was finished within 2 days, without the dev to have the device (he got some files and help from me).

Most of the team was very busy with life matters when deb was released. By the time we were able to get back to PA it was close enough to 4.4 that we spent most of our time preparing various things for 4.4. The ROM is open source so someone could have compiled a deb build by now if there was that much interest. PA 4 will have a deb build, but right now we are focusing on rewriting the features for 4.4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Here 4.4 gapps http://d-h.st/EIM you're all welcome, you can thank dhacker29

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Serious considering to skip my job interview to flash this :D So, this is what feels like to have a Nexus device :good:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Please do not, it will still be here later :)

Even though I don't know you.. good luck :p