Rooting Double Power (DOPO) M7088 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Tablet

Search This thread

backslashx

Apr 3, 2013
As always Any information I give is free and this information is to be used at your own risk I take no responsibility for your device this is just my experience and i hope it helps someone with the same problem i had

I recently bought the Double Power (DOPO) M7088 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Tablet from Walmart.com After a few days of searching and many failed Attempts I finally found out how to root this device and would like to share it to those having the same problem.

After doing some digging i descover the Dopo tablets are nothing more than a rebranded generic rock ship tablets so after some searching here is what i found.

Things you will Need.

1.Pdanet+ for android installer (just type in pdanet+ in your search engine of choice)

2.Your device and usb cable

3.The free download of unlockrootpro (Just type unlockroot into your search engine of choice

Steps.

1. Download and install Pdanet+

2 Download and install unlockrootpro free Version
a. you must be connected to the internet for the installer to work.
b. the unlockroot pro will download a file to your computer that is in itself a down loader it is safe but it does try to get you to install some 3rd part software. if you click the close button it will give you the option to skip the 3rd party software and install just the unlockroot software. it does this 2 or 3 times just click close and skip each time.

3. Connect your Tablet up to the PC and allow all the drivers to install.

4. Once connected start unlockrootpro once it is ope click the green root button it should detect your device and bring up a box just click the button and it will install the root.
a. Now i noticed after it installed the root and say rebooting device my device would not reboot. I unplugged my device and then plugged it right back in and the device immediately rebooted

5. Once your table has rebooted download root checker or the app of your choice to verify root access.

I hope this helped anyone with a Dopo m7088

I don't know if this method will work for any of the other Double Power Tablets so i honestly cannot answer any questions other than what i have stated but feel free to try it if you cannot find any other method.

If this method does Work for you please post a coment on your steps and what device you used this method on so that you can help the community.

zxhwk

Mar 22, 2008
Fortlaurdale Florida
M7088

Well i have found out that there is a way to ROOT the M7088 from walmart with out internet connection
Download Moborobo in order to load drivers for the M7088
Just download the same software as you would for the PIPO S1 Its all over the net now and also this M7088 has an attitude about rooting so you might have to click root a couple time to force it to but it does work quite well the Chinese software ( ZhuoDaShi ) after its done you will get a message window in Chinese just copy and paste that text into Google translator and it will tell you ROOT is good Ha Ha ha have fun

As always Any information I give is free and this information is to be used at your own risk I take no responsibility for your device this is just my experience and i hope it helps someone with the same problem i had

I recently bought the Double Power (DOPO) M7088 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Tablet from Walmart.com After a few days of searching and many failed Attempts I finally found out how to root this device and would like to share it to those having the same problem.

After doing some digging i descover the Dopo tablets are nothing more than a rebranded generic rock ship tablets so after some searching here is what i found.

Things you will Need.

1.Pdanet+ for android installer (just type in pdanet+ in your search engine of choice)

3.The free download of unlockrootpro (Just type unlockroot into your search engine of choice

Steps.

b. the unlockroot pro will download a file to your computer that is in itself a down loader it is safe but it does try to get you to install some 3rd part software. if you click the close button it will give you the option to skip the 3rd party software and install just the unlockroot software. it does this 2 or 3 times just click close and skip each time.

4. Once connected start unlockrootpro once it is ope click the green root button it should detect your device and bring up a box just click the button and it will install the root.
a. Now i noticed after it installed the root and say rebooting device my device would not reboot. I unplugged my device and then plugged it right back in and the device immediately rebooted

5. Once your table has rebooted download root checker or the app of your choice to verify root access.

I don't know if this method will work for any of the other Double Power Tablets so i honestly cannot answer any questions other than what i have stated but feel free to try it if you cannot find any other method.

If this method does Work for you please post a coment on your steps and what device you used this method on so that you can help the community.

backslashx

Apr 3, 2013
Firmware

Hey awesome i may have a chance to try that method out on my tablet soon if i am lucky. I was wondering if anyone or the one that commented on my original post. I need a copy of the firmware for this tablet mine crashed after lending it out to a friend i am afraid he tried to modify it and somehow corrupted the system it is stuck on the dopo start up screen. if there is anyone who can provide a clean copy of this or even maybe dump a copy of theirs for me i would greatly appreciate it.

Well i have found out that there is a way to ROOT the M7088 from walmart with out internet connection
Just download the same software as you would for the PIPO S1 Its all over the net now and also this M7088 has an attitude about rooting so you might have to click root a couple time to force it to but it does work quite well the Chinese software ( ZhuoDaShi ) after its done you will get a message window in Chinese just copy and paste that text into Google translator and it will tell you ROOT is good Ha Ha ha have fun

fdbandit

Feb 14, 2009
hey this is great news and I thank you !!!
I was wondering if the m7088 caan be upgraded to CM10/4.2.2?
thanks

backslashx

Apr 3, 2013
I don't know if you can install any form of CM on it as of yet. I have successfully I believe Dumped a copy of the system and recovery images from my M7088. Unfortunately my last unit was toast but being under warrantee i sent it back and they replaced it. Soon as I had it i researched how to back up the system just in case. I can provide my copy of the dump or show the process i used to do it.

I don't know if the dump I have is what is exactly a proper form of back up or recovery. I also don't know what is needed to mod it for CM but at least this is a start to anyone who would like to try.

If there is anyone who would like to and would like the Files I have dumped or any help I can provide let me know. I would like to see Cm/4.2.2 working on this device.

FatMasters11

May 7, 2013
Easy way to root any Dopo tablet

I am not responsible for anything. Use this at your on risk.
Download and install Exynos abuse .
Then Uninstall and get any kind of root checker to verify root access.
And that's it.
Worked for me with no problems. NOW My Dopo tablet is faster than when I got it out the box. With minor tweaking apps and my 32 gb external SD card as my internal SD card and you can find the thread on how to do this on xda forums. Running games like NFS MW, Modern Combat 2 and 3,Nba Jam for android.To run good games like these I had to get a system app freezer like titanium backup to freeze a few useless apps. So now these games run very smooth and flawlessly.Good luck.

Reactions: jvalston

MwMorgan

Jul 10, 2013
I don't know if you can install any form of CM on it as of yet. I have successfully I believe Dumped a copy of the system and recovery images from my M7088. Unfortunately my last unit was toast but being under warrantee i sent it back and they replaced it. Soon as I had it i researched how to back up the system just in case. I can provide my copy of the dump or show the process i used to do it.

I don't know if the dump I have is what is exactly a proper form of back up or recovery. I also don't know what is needed to mod it for CM but at least this is a start to anyone who would like to try.

If there is anyone who would like to and would like the Files I have dumped or any help I can provide let me know. I would like to see Cm/4.2.2 working on this device.

I ran across this post and was wondering if you have the original system and recovery images, as I rooted my M7088 and lost my backup files

putertim

Jul 19, 2013
m7088 firmware

I am looking for a copy of the firmware for my m7008 tablet.
I am trying to fix a problem of it not starting up its stuck on the DOPO screen.
I believe I can re flash it but DOPO will not send me the file they want me to send in.
Any help will be appreciated.

TDos

Jul 25, 2013
DOPO logo screen-freeze

I am looking for a copy of the firmware for my m7008 tablet.
I am trying to fix a problem of it not starting up its stuck on the DOPO screen.
I believe I can re flash it but DOPO will not send me the file they want me to send in.
Any help will be appreciated.

Joining just to make a couple comments here. I find that DOPO logo screen-freeze seems to be common problem.

My story - This passed Christmas 2012 my son purchased a DOPO M7088 for his 12y/o son, and talked me into a like purchase for myself this past March 2013. Here in Jul 2013, the grandson is visiting with his tablet. When it became frozen with the DOPO screen one night - we tried everything that we could think of to restore. Even pointing fingers at him... to what surprise the following morning my tablet froze updating apps. When I tried to restart, reboot, reset... even tried Vol+/PwrUP, Vol-/PwrUP... allowing the power in the battery to drain to a point that the screen would not light up or flash. Then recharging - nothing worked passed the DOPO screen-freeze.

For reference - I have worked in electronics/computers from the late 60s - so I’m not a rookie here.

Fortunately – I purchased insurance with Wal-Mart, their tech-line made same suggestions as I had done to restore the system, and came to the conclusion that they will completely return/refund my purchase.

Strange that within 12hrs two like tablets crash following app updates, where one is for a young man (games) and the other for adult (general usage). The finger pointing had three other fingers pointing back at us. So apologies to the grandson.

My son may root/re-install the grandson’s system when they return home – for myself I’m going to upgrade to a better brand (now that I'm missing the tablet).

Hope this helps others to understand that the DOPO screen-freeze problem may not be their personal tablet problem but a product problem (I.E. firmware). /TDos

Last edited:

mikeopi

Aug 19, 2010
New Jersey
Need dump of 7088 rom

Hello, I have damaged the ROM by a an installed app after rooting. I see you said that you made a dump of the ROM. If possible, can I get a copy of these files as this would help me greatly. I have rkAndroidTool.exe working. If it works out, I will post the procedure.

Thanks

mikeopi

Aug 19, 2010
New Jersey
Dump and Flash the dopo M7088 and other RK3066 based ROMs

Any information I give is to be used at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any damage to your device.

Here's my story: I installed an application to change the fonts after I rooted. This damaged the system and created a boot loop. At this point I had not worked out a reliable method to backup and restore the ROM and in the process of trying to fix, I wound up damaging the partitions trying to push a file back into the tablet with adb.

So in my research to restore the ROM, I came across several methods to flash the ROM, but very few methods to dump the complete ROM and I wanted to be able to extract and restore the entire ROM. In another thread, I found scripts to dump the rk3066 chipset. I expanded this idea and modified the scripts to flash the ROM as well. Also, I created an installer script to simplify the process.

These scripts need to use the Ubuntu Linux live DVD to dump and flash the ROM. The advantages of Linux is you can directly connect to the tablet in flash mode without the trouble of having to install drivers or the android SDK.

Download the Linux 12.04 LTS version from the following Link http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop .

Once downloaded, burn this ISO file to a DVD using your favorite DVD burning software. Most burning software have the ability to decode ISO files. If needed, here is a free ISO burner. Link: http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html?tag=mncol;2

Download the attached zip file and copy the zip to the USB drive. Do not decompress in windows as we need to do this under linux to preserve the stored permissions.

Boot the PC from the DVD drive. This should start the Linux. You may need to press an “F” key during the BIOS boot to bring up a menu to select which drive to boot from. You should see a purple screen. This is Linux loading. Select the “Try Ubuntu” option and the Linux should boot to the Linux Desktop.

OK, we are in Linux!

Insert the USB drive into the PC wait for the Linux to open a window. It may take a little bit as we are running off a DVD and some resources need to load. Be patient and watch the light to finish blinking on the USB stick! Drag the “ExtractRomRK3066.zip” file in the USB window to the desktop.

Write down the name of the USB in the title bar of the window.
For example, My USB window says: F490-4740 in the title bar. Write this down, then move the USB window to the side.

Double click on the zip file, this opens the zip in a window. Drag the “ExtractRomRK3066“ folder in the zip window to the desktop. When the copy is finished, close the zip window.

Click on the “Dash Home” icon on the top left of the desktop, Type “Terminal” in the search box and select the terminal application icon.

In the Terminal Window type exactly as shown while observing the caps:
cd ~/Desktop/Ex*

Type the command:
ls -l

You should see a file named “install.sh” along with other commands ending with “.sh”.

Type the line as shown below including the “./”:
./install.sh

The required libraries should install to Linux. Don't worry this is only in memory as we are not installing anything to your hard drive. Make sure everything completed without Errors. If you only see warnings, this is OK!

Let's connect the Tablet to the USB port and put into flash mode. With the Tablet power off and the all cables removed, hold the Vol– button and plug in the USB cable. Continue to hold the Vol- button for 5 seconds. Let go of the Vol- button and connect the power cable. We should now be in flash mode.

We can test if we connected to flash mode by typing:
lsusb

You should see a list of USB devices. Within this list you should see a entry that has the ID:
ID: 2207:300a

If you see the ID, great we are connected to the tablet. If not, make sure the tablet is off and do the above Tablet procedure again.

OK we are connected!

Dumping the ROM

Type the following command replacing the “F490-4740” with your USB name we wrote down earlier from the USB title bar and follow the prompts. This will start the dump of the tablet:

sudo ./dumpall.sh /media/F490-4740/output

YAY! We are dumping the ROM!

Now we wait for “done...”, hopefully without any errors.

Double click on the “ output” folder in the USB drive window.

Verify that we have “backup.img”, “boot.img”, “kernel.img”, “misc.img”, “parm.img”, “recovery.img”, “system.img and userdata.img.

Now in the left panel of the USB window. Click on the ^ icon next to the USB drive description. This will unmount the USB drive for removal.

We are done!

Flashing the ROM

To flash a file you will notice other commands with the extension “.sh”. You may use any of these commands to restore all or part of the ROM.

For example:
To flash the below stock rom, extract the zip file to a USB drive and type the command changing the “F490-4740” to the name of your USB drive:
sudo ./flashall-user.sh /media/F490-4740/dopo7088stock

To flash a backup of all files including the userdata.img, type the command changing the “F490-4740” to the name of your USB drive:
sudo ./flashall.sh /media/F490-4740/dopo7088stock

To flash just the recovery, do the same as above only with the command:
sudo ./flashrecovery.sh /media/F490-4740/dopo7088stock

To flash just the system, do the same as above only with the command:
sudo ./flashsystem.sh /media/F490-4740/dopo7088stock

The valid command are:
sudo ./dump?.sh
or
sudo ./flash?.sh

replacing ? With:
all, all-user, backup, boot. cache, kernel, kpanic, misc, recovery, system, user, userdata

----------------------

Hope this helps somebody create a full backup.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I got another dopo m7088 tablet, created a backup using the above method and flashed my bricked m7088 tablet. Everything works again. YAY!

Below is the dumped stock rom for the dopo m7088. Hopes this help's sombody unbrick their tablet.

Extract the dopo7088stk.zip to a USB drive and follow the above instructions.

Thanks

Stock Rom Link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8YnQA1FX-_yUU1ERXh1TjNUbnc/edit?usp=sharing

Attachments

• ExtractRomRK3066.zip
    60.3 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:

mikeopi

Aug 19, 2010
New Jersey
Partition table not correct in stock M7088 ROM!

After I created the dump of the M7088 ROM and I flashed my tablet, I was looking at the parameter file and realized it was wrong from the factory!

There are several problems that may be the reason some people (including me) has had their devices brick for no apparent reason.

Below is the factory partition table. There is a blank space at address 118000 for a length of 11E000 bytes, this is not a problem. However, the "userdata" partition overruns the "kpanic" and "system" partition as well as the "system" partition overruns the "user" partition. This could lead to data corruption in the partitions.

Factory Partition Table: (length @ start)
0x00002000@0x00002000(misc), (2000 + 2000 = 4000)
0x00004000@0x00004000(kernel), (4000 + 4000 = 8000)
0x00008000@0x00008000(boot), (8000 + 8000 = 10000)
0x00008000@0x00010000(recovery), (10000 + 8000 = 18000)
0x000C0000@0x00018000(backup), (18000 + C0000 = D8000)
0x00040000@0x000D8000(cache), (D8000 + 40000 = 118000)
(ERROR - Space between 118000 and 236000)
0x00400000@0x00236000(userdata), (236000 + 400000 = 636000)
(ERROR - 636000 is past 618000 and 61A000)
0x00002000@0x00618000(kpanic), (618000 + 2000 = 61A000)
0x00200000@0x0061A000(system), (61A000 + 200000 = 81A000)
(ERROR - 81A000 is past 73A000)
-@0x0073A000(user) (73A000 -> end)

It looks like someone made a mistake and/or adjusted the partition sizes and never finished the job!

The only way to fix this is to correct the partition table and re-flash the entire device.

Before I corrected the "parameter" and "parm.img" file, I examined other RK3066 roms as well as the dopo TD1010. The TD1010 has a shorter "system" partition so the fixed partition table below is the same as the TD1010 all the way through the "kpanic" partition.

Fixed Partition Table: (length @ start)
0x00400000@0x00118000(userdata), (118000 + 400000 = 518000)
0x00002000@0x00518000(kpanic), (518000 + 2000 = 51A000)
0x00200000@0x0051A000(system), (51A000 + 200000 = 71A000)
-@0x0071A000(user) (71A000 -> end)

I corrected the stock firmware and repacked it as dopo7088stkfixed.zip. This file can be flashed with the procedure in the earlier post, replacing the original zip package with this one.

Fixed Firmware Link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8YnQA1FX-_yRmhIN1dCT245R2c/edit?usp=sharing

Also, remember to do a full wipe after flashing.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

I now have my M7088 again. Thank you . Your instructions where 100% right on.

No problem. Check my above post. I discovered the partition tables from the factory are wrong which could cause data corruption.

Thanks

Last edited:

bird56duce

Apr 15, 2010
i keep on getting this error when trying to reflash i follow the steps i dont know what im doing wrong? ..please help.

[can't open input file 'parm.img': No such file or directory
Error: mkkrnlimg could not decode partition table
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop/ExtractRomRK3066$

mikeopi

Aug 19, 2010
New Jersey
i keep on getting this error when trying to reflash i follow the steps i dont know what im doing wrong? ..please help.

[can't open input file 'parm.img': No such file or directory
Error: mkkrnlimg could not decode partition table
ubuntu@ubuntu:~/Desktop/ExtractRomRK3066$

Sounds like the path to the files is incorrect.

The command "sudo ./flashall-user.sh /media/F490-4740/dopo7088stock" will look for the media in the path specified.

The "sudo ./flashall-user.sh" is the command part of the line.

The path can be interpreted as "/media/" + "The USB Drive Name in the title bar of the window" + "/" + "The Folder the media is in that has the parm.img file."

For example: if you have the files that includes the parm.img file on the USB drive in a folder called "ROM" and the name of the USB drive at the top of the USB drive window is "ABCD-0123", the line would look like:

sudo ./flashall-user.sh /media/ABCD-0123/ROM

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

Last edited:

bird56duce

Apr 15, 2010
opening awsfai

Sounds like the path to the files is incorrect.

The command "sudo ./flashall-user.sh /media/F490-4740/dopo7088stock" will look for the media in the path specified.

The "sudo ./flashall-user.sh" is the command part of the line.

The path can be interpreted as "/media/" + "The USB Drive Name in the title bar of the window" + "/" + "The Folder the media is in that has the parm.img file."

For example: if you have the files that includes the parm.img file on the USB drive in a folder called "ROM" and the name of the USB drive at the top of the USB drive window is "ABCD-0123", the line would look like:

sudo ./flashall-user.sh /media/ABCD-0123/ROM

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

:good: I figured it out. thank you. I have another question what are the proper steps after flashing a new rom? I followed all your steps from dumping to flashing the new fixed rom, but cant get the device out of that stupid DOPO screen. After flashing with the new rom do you unplug it and reboot? BTW its not rooted. thanks

mikeopi

Aug 19, 2010
New Jersey
:good: I figured it out. thank you. I have another question what are the proper steps after flashing a new rom? I followed all your steps from dumping to flashing the new fixed rom, but cant get the device out of that stupid DOPO screen. After flashing with the new rom do you unplug it and reboot? BTW its not rooted. thanks

Hold the power key for about 15 seconds to force a shut down.

After shutting down, do you still get a stuck dopo screen?

If so, try a different USB port on the PC and try the procedure again. Sometime it does not seem to always take.

Make sure you are using the command sudo ./flashall.sh with the fixed rom. For the fixed rom to work, you have to flash all partitions. Then do a factory reset once it is fully booted.

Also, do a wipe. With the power off, hold the vol- and power key. This should bring you into the recovery menu. Do a wipe cache & wipe data/factory reset & reboot.

Last edited:
Reactions: martin nunez

mvalent000

Nov 1, 2013
I have tried your technique at least 4 times and it doesn't work. I can't get through the Linux part with the downloaded file that you offer in your post. I get errors and I cannot go any further.

Either the file that you posted is not good or there is something else going on here. Any idea's? I have also seen other posts saying they cannot get past the errors.

mikeopi

Aug 19, 2010
New Jersey
I have tried your technique at least 4 times and it doesn't work. I can't get through the Linux part with the downloaded file that you offer in your post. I get errors and I cannot go any further.

Either the file that you posted is not good or there is something else going on here. Any idea's? I have also seen other posts saying they cannot get past the errors.

Please give me more info on what the errors are and what command are they after?

karnold0216

Nov 17, 2013
Any information I give is to be used at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any damage to your device.

Here's my story: I installed an application to change the fonts after I rooted. This damaged the system and created a boot loop. At this point I had not worked out a reliable method to backup and restore the ROM and in the process of trying to fix, I wound up damaging the partitions trying to push a file back into the tablet with adb.

So in my research to restore the ROM, I came across several methods to flash the ROM, but very few methods to dump the complete ROM and I wanted to be able to extract and restore the entire ROM. In another thread, I found scripts to dump the rk3066 chipset. I expanded this idea and modified the scripts to flash the ROM as well. Also, I created an installer script to simplify the process.

These scripts need to use the Ubuntu Linux live DVD to dump and flash the ROM. The advantages of Linux is you can directly connect to the tablet in flash mode without the trouble of having to install drivers or the android SDK.

Download the Linux 12.04 LTS version from the following Link .

Once downloaded, burn this ISO file to a DVD using your favorite DVD burning software. Most burning software have the ability to decode ISO files. If needed, here is a free ISO burner. Link:

Download the attached zip file and copy the zip to the USB drive. Do not decompress in windows as we need to do this under linux to preserve the stored permissions.

Boot the PC from the DVD drive. This should start the Linux. You may need to press an “F” key during the BIOS boot to bring up a menu to select which drive to boot from. You should see a purple screen. This is Linux loading. Select the “Try Ubuntu” option and the Linux should boot to the Linux Desktop.

OK, we are in Linux!

Insert the USB drive into the PC wait for the Linux to open a window. It may take a little bit as we are running off a DVD and some resources need to load. Be patient and watch the light to finish blinking on the USB stick! Drag the “ExtractRomRK3066.zip” file in the USB window to the desktop.

For example, My USB window says: F490-4740 in the title bar. Write this down, then move the USB window to the side.

Double click on the zip file, this opens the zip in a window. Drag the “ExtractRomRK3066“ folder in the zip window to the desktop. When the copy is finished, close the zip window.

Click on the “Dash Home” icon on the top left of the desktop, Type “Terminal” in the search box and select the terminal application icon.

cd ~/Desktop/Ex*

Type the command:
ls -l

You should see a file named “install.sh” along with other commands ending with “.sh”.

./install.sh

The required libraries should install to Linux. Don't worry this is only in memory as we are not installing anything to your hard drive. Make sure everything completed without Errors. If you only see warnings, this is OK!

Let's connect the Tablet to the USB port and put into flash mode. With the Tablet power off and the all cables removed, hold the Vol– button and plug in the USB cable. Continue to hold the Vol- button for 5 seconds. Let go of the Vol- button and connect the power cable. We should now be in flash mode.

lsusb

You should see a list of USB devices. Within this list you should see a entry that has the ID:

If you see the ID, great we are connected to the tablet. If not, make sure the tablet is off and do the above Tablet procedure again.

OK we are connected!

Dumping the ROM

Type the following command replacing the “F490-4740” with your USB name we wrote down earlier from the USB title bar and follow the prompts. This will start the dump of the tablet:

Verify that we have “backup.img”, “boot.img”, “kernel.img”, “misc.img”, “parm.img”, “recovery.img”, “system.img and userdata.img.

Now in the left panel of the USB window. Click on the ^ icon next to the USB drive description. This will unmount the USB drive for removal.

We are done!

Flashing the ROM

To flash a file you will notice other commands with the extension “.sh”. You may use any of these commands to restore all or part of the ROM.

For example:
To flash the below stock rom, extract the zip file to a USB drive and type the command changing the “F490-4740” to the name of your USB drive:

To flash a backup of all files including the userdata.img, type the command changing the “F490-4740” to the name of your USB drive:

The valid command are:
sudo ./dump?.sh
or
sudo ./flash?.sh

replacing ? With:
all, all-user, backup, boot. cache, kernel, kpanic, misc, recovery, system, user, userdata

----------------------

Thanks.

UPDATE: I got another dopo m7088 tablet, created a backup using the above method and flashed my bricked m7088 tablet. Everything works again. YAY!

Below is the dumped stock rom for the dopo m7088. Hopes this help's sombody unbrick their tablet.

Thanks

Stock Rom Link:

I have tried this today about 8 times today. 4 with each folder you supplied in every usb port on my computer. I could do it all the way down to the dumping. I couldn't get any of the flashing working and my m7088 tablet is still stuck on the dopo screen. Please help as I would like to have this tablet working for my way home in a week.

I have Linux as a second os on my laptop so the first part was easy.

Thanks for your help so far. Good info

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Things you will Need.

Steps.

Dump and Flash the dopo M7088 and other RK3066 based ROMs

Download the Linux 12.04 LTS version from the following Link http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop .

Once downloaded, burn this ISO file to a DVD using your favorite DVD burning software. Most burning software have the ability to decode ISO files. If needed, here is a free ISO burner. Link: http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html?tag=mncol;2

OK, we are in Linux!

cd ~/Desktop/Ex*

Type the command:
    ls -l

./install.sh

lsusb

OK we are connected!

Dumping the ROM

We are done!

Flashing the ROM

For example:

The valid command are:
    sudo ./dump?.sh
    or
    sudo ./flash?.sh

replacing ? With:

----------------------

Thanks.

Thanks

Stock Rom Link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8YnQA1FX-_yUU1ERXh1TjNUbnc/edit?usp=sharing
    M7088

Things you will Need.

Steps.

Partition table not correct in stock M7088 ROM!

After I created the dump of the M7088 ROM and I flashed my tablet, I was looking at the parameter file and realized it was wrong from the factory!

There are several problems that may be the reason some people (including me) has had their devices brick for no apparent reason.

Below is the factory partition table. There is a blank space at address 118000 for a length of 11E000 bytes, this is not a problem. However, the "userdata" partition overruns the "kpanic" and "system" partition as well as the "system" partition overruns the "user" partition. This could lead to data corruption in the partitions.

Factory Partition Table: (length @ start)
    (ERROR - Space between 118000 and 236000)
    0x00400000@0x00236000(userdata), (236000 + 400000 = 636000)
    (ERROR - 636000 is past 618000 and 61A000)
    0x00002000@0x00618000(kpanic), (618000 + 2000 = 61A000)
    0x00200000@0x0061A000(system), (61A000 + 200000 = 81A000)
    (ERROR - 81A000 is past 73A000)
    -@0x0073A000(user) (73A000 -> end)

It looks like someone made a mistake and/or adjusted the partition sizes and never finished the job!

The only way to fix this is to correct the partition table and re-flash the entire device.

Before I corrected the "parameter" and "parm.img" file, I examined other RK3066 roms as well as the dopo TD1010. The TD1010 has a shorter "system" partition so the fixed partition table below is the same as the TD1010 all the way through the "kpanic" partition.

Fixed Partition Table: (length @ start)
    0x00400000@0x00118000(userdata), (118000 + 400000 = 518000)
    0x00002000@0x00518000(kpanic), (518000 + 2000 = 51A000)
    0x00200000@0x0051A000(system), (51A000 + 200000 = 71A000)
    -@0x0071A000(user) (71A000 -> end)

I corrected the stock firmware and repacked it as dopo7088stkfixed.zip. This file can be flashed with the procedure in the earlier post, replacing the original zip package with this one.

Fixed Firmware Link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8YnQA1FX-_yRmhIN1dCT245R2c/edit?usp=sharing

Also, remember to do a full wipe after flashing.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

I now have my M7088 again. Thank you . Your instructions where 100% right on.

No problem. Check my above post. I discovered the partition tables from the factory are wrong which could cause data corruption.

Thanks