{All 2011}[DISCONTINUED][FAQ][Q&A][CM10.2] LegacyXperia discussion

1,758 posts
Thanks Meter: 24,482

By mikeioannina, Recognized Developer on 2nd October 2013, 12:12 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
27th October 2013, 11:42 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
First of all thank you for this project. If it wasn't for you we would "have to" buy new phones every year to stay up-to-date.
Just a quick question about gapps: Why is the one from basketbuild different than the one from goo.im?
diff shows this:
diff -ur aaa/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh bbb/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh
--- aaa/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh 2008-02-28 18:33:46.000000000 +0200
+++ bbb/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh 2008-02-28 18:33:46.000000000 +0200
@@ -9,7 +9,7 @@
app/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
app/ConfigUpdater.apk
app/GenieWidget.apk
-app/Gmail.apk
+app/Gmail2.apk
app/GmsCore.apk
app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk
app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
@@ -45,7 +45,6 @@
lib/libgames_rtmp_jni.so
lib/libgoggles_clientvision.so
lib/libgoogle_recognizer_jni.so
-lib/libgoogle_recognizer_jni_l.so
lib/libgtalk_jni.so
lib/libgtalk_stabilize.so
lib/libjni_latinime.so
Binary files aaa/system/app/GooglePlus.apk and bbb/system/app/GooglePlus.apk differ
Binary files aaa/system/app/Phonesky.apk and bbb/system/app/Phonesky.apk differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libRSSupport.so and bbb/system/lib/libRSSupport.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libplus_jni_v8.so and bbb/system/lib/libplus_jni_v8.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/librsjni.so and bbb/system/lib/librsjni.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libwebp_android.so and bbb/system/lib/libwebp_android.so differ

28th October 2013, 10:20 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cKevz

How come after flashing the latest build, which is 20131024 my internal storage became full??

i have the same problem!
28th October 2013, 10:23 AM |#63  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 636

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by euvoe

First of all thank you for this project. If it wasn't for you we would "have to" buy new phones every year to stay up-to-date.
Just a quick question about gapps: Why is the one from basketbuild different than the one from goo.im?
diff shows this:

diff -ur aaa/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh bbb/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh
--- aaa/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh 2008-02-28 18:33:46.000000000 +0200
+++ bbb/system/addon.d/70-gapps.sh 2008-02-28 18:33:46.000000000 +0200
@@ -9,7 +9,7 @@
app/ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
app/ConfigUpdater.apk
app/GenieWidget.apk
-app/Gmail.apk
+app/Gmail2.apk
app/GmsCore.apk
app/GoogleBackupTransport.apk
app/GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
@@ -45,7 +45,6 @@
lib/libgames_rtmp_jni.so
lib/libgoggles_clientvision.so
lib/libgoogle_recognizer_jni.so
-lib/libgoogle_recognizer_jni_l.so
lib/libgtalk_jni.so
lib/libgtalk_stabilize.so
lib/libjni_latinime.so
Binary files aaa/system/app/GooglePlus.apk and bbb/system/app/GooglePlus.apk differ
Binary files aaa/system/app/Phonesky.apk and bbb/system/app/Phonesky.apk differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libRSSupport.so and bbb/system/lib/libRSSupport.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libplus_jni_v8.so and bbb/system/lib/libplus_jni_v8.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/librsjni.so and bbb/system/lib/librsjni.so differ
Binary files aaa/system/lib/libwebp_android.so and bbb/system/lib/libwebp_android.so differ

use the one from goo.im because it is the fixed one. in the basketbuild one thereĀ“s for exymple still the old gmail2.apk in addon.d script so you will lose gmail when updating your rom.
28th October 2013, 04:43 PM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thumbs up
ok im on 10.2-0131014-unofficial -smultron
The battery last 3days + so far so good.
But i have problem with google maps - google apps sometimes goes crazy on my screen any idea?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-25-16-48-54.png
Views:	203
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	2355889  
28th October 2013, 05:01 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cKevz

How come after flashing the latest build, which is 20131024 my internal storage became full??

I have the same problem
Now with the camera app it's not possible to take a photo with the volume keys
31st October 2013, 07:22 PM |#66  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 313

Donate to Me
More
Goodnews! Android 4.4!
Sorry for the off topic but...
@mikeioannina possibilities are near! YAY!

http://developer.android.com/about/versions/kitkat.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JovieBrett For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JovieBrett Ad-Free
1st November 2013, 01:50 PM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
wifi on latest build (cm-10.2_coconut-LX-20131101-NIGHTLY) doesn't work, it doesn't start

Edit: As anyone notice that network operator signal is too weak on these latest builds?
1st November 2013, 02:23 PM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
if doesnt work wifi on latest build (20131101) try this:
open terminal
type: su
type: cd system
type: cd bin
type: wifical.sh
restart phone
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to elroysk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elroysk Ad-Free
1st November 2013, 02:37 PM |#69  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 313

Donate to Me
More
Build110113 on Smultron!
Flashed the correct kernel but Wifi is really not working
1st November 2013, 03:29 PM |#70  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,990

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay7394

No, because they said it can run on lower-end devices. Which means if a dev were to port it, it would (at least) take up less system space on our phones and be memory-optimized. If nothing else. It's definitely better than now because we'll have more space in the data partition to use for apps

1st i moved thread as this is no discusson for the dev thread . butthere several mistakes/missunderstandings:
but u know that /system and /data partition are 2 standalones means, even if u have 100mb+ free in system, the data partion ist still the same size???? (and dont get bigger)

2ndly what google means with ''to run better on low memory devices (especially improvments 512mb ram devices)'' has nothing to DO with some system space. its about the RAM. (which is HW related so u cant make it 'bigger' or 'smaller' as this chip is 512mb) now only thing u can do is to reduce the default system needed space like cm10.x does with removing HD recording from defaults so the RAM has about 20mb more. these 20mb is even needed if u have a HD enabled cam in ROM, even if u NEVER used it there wasted all the time. so thats what google does they try to decrease the default system load. 2nd thing is also ther apps (dont know about 3rd party) the footprint in RAM will decrease. example: chrome will use -16% ram if u use it on an 4.4 device. same for g-services and so on. so u can better multitask or simply have a bit more free ram. (NOT storage!) tahts what they mean by ''memory-optimized'' also if they use a newer linux kernel version it will be good for ram/system managment so it willl run more fluidly. (i heard theres allready a rom (not for our devices) which uses the linux 3.10.xxx kernel which is awesum)

i dont even know if we able to resize partitions. if no, U WILL NEVER get more /data space,. & why u simply not buy a 16/32/64 gig sd then u have enogh spce i think.

3rd:we missunderstand. the problems that i mean, are the HW / driver etc (software problems). so i meant at this point we cant say nothing. we would had to compile a tzest build & do some debbugging. i give u right a port would be great but, WE CAN'T solve HW incompabilty. so there can be 1000 devs, 1 HW incompabiluity = no 4.4 for us. i just remeber u current 4.3 with its problems in sound libs, screen, etc and so one. good as mike solved most of these. so i can be that we run into problems which are not solveable. (by software. = we're fuc*ed up ) also i remember some mounts bfore, there was a rumor that 4.4 only supports adreno 3xx chip's, i we get into probs like these we also can do nothing as many lib's are hardcoded (no developing with these) like the camera ones.

last but not least a example: u know wifi in current 4.2.2 builds??? some time bfore mike said sth like this ''man i tried allmos everything to get wifi better, i getting to think its a chip problem'' (<-- not solveable by developing ) maybe sony knows long time thats impossible & thats why we never got that JB update. bcuz then everybody would complain abot sony, even if they cant do more, so they make the choice to relase nothing as sth bugged/unstable.....

sry for that long text & peace , bejunk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bejunk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bejunk Ad-Free
1st November 2013, 03:33 PM |#71  
Flag Hainaut
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hello,
would he be removed from the virtual keyboard in the rom 10.2 cm?
thank you in advance
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10.2, cyanogenmod 10.2, jb 4.3, jellybean 4.3, legacyxperia
Previous Thread Next Thread