UPDATE 2 kainy Only 1 Step And Done!! OMG Splastop+shield controller fullspeed.

Search This thread

nielo360

Mar 5, 2011
UPDATE 2 (2014) NOW KAINY SUPPORTS FULL 360 GAMEPAD CONTROLS FULLY CUSTOMIZEBLE AND NO DRIVER NEEDED
After you install kainy and get it running, go into settings and map your controls under gamepad, your pc games will automatically detect your device as a 360 controller and you can easily play your gamestream at 60fps
http://www.kainy.com/download.html

UPDATE 2014 NOW YOU DONT NEED ANY OF THESE STEPS:) Just install latest splashtop on your pc, enable the gamepad driver. DONE!! Play or hook up any controller :D
Enable driver link
https://support-splashtoppersonal.s...for-use-during-a-Splashtop-remote-connection-

FIRST
A big thank you to zulu99 dev of Droid mote
Now you can use full shield controller as 360 controller and stream games. use fullscreenizer to make them fullscreen if needed (somtimes splashtop THD wont allow fullscreen and game is windowed)

DO NOT USE SPLASHTOP REMOTE DESKTOP 2. USE SPLASHTOP THD ONLY FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE.
Run your games & splashtop thd only at 720p. otherwise they are unplayable in most cases.

I made this video for proof that thd streamer with the shield streams faster with no compression artifcats and now works with shield controls thanks to droidmote.
skyrim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09yCCfyFRPU&feature=youtu.be
Torchlight 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdmg_MIByWo&feature=youtu.be
black ops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjnj0xdoeRA&feature=youtu.be
LVNeptune8's borderlands 2 video better quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22bUM3LUx9Y
Borderlands 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVgWn74QdFQ&feature=youtu.be

Steps
DONT. use splashtop remote. Splastop THD is the one you want.

1.Once you get the apk and install (you must find this on your own, google splashtop thd gamepad apk). install the splashtop server on your pc from their website.

2.droid mote, install from play store its the free one. Download the rar file from links provided. follow the readme in it to install the driver on your pc.
http://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2

3.follow the video tutorials provided on the video below to configure controls and run droid mote server.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubz_hJldAM4

NOTE ON UNINSTALL: if you decide you dont want to use this method make sure you delete x360ce.ini and xinput3_1.dll from any game folders that have used and you will be fine.

Aditional notes:
1)In your droid mote app hold the keyboard icon its on the top right, then change input to droidmote.(if input option doesnt show, go to your phones input settings and check droidemote and try again)

2) You must then hold the middle icon and connect to the droid mote server running on your pc, click search, connect to the shown ip (makes sure droidmote.bat server is running on your pc as a cmd prompt)

3) Once you see the cmd prompt show connected, you can run x360ce to configure your controls. In x360ce make sure you load logitech rumble pad 2 preset, and click load.
after you have made sure your controls are working properly, save config and close x360ce. (triggers must be mapped manually as Halfaxis->Half4 & Half5)

4)place x360ce.ini and xinput3_1.dll on the games exe folder. The x360ce.ini file and xinput3_1.dll are your controller config file which tells the game to use your controller. (note xinput3_1.dll may need to be renamed depending on the game you are playing you can google the correct name for the game. on skyrim you dont need to rename)

EDIT: triggers must be mapped as Half axis-> Half4 & Half5
EDIT: controller maping fix for deus ex http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2086894

zul99s post

Now that the nvidia shield was updated to android 4.3, you can play ALL windows games with the normal free Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop + DroidMote (client free and server for windows free)

Like in this video but with the controller of your shield:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTDCMRbg2Lc

If you want simulate an xbox 360 controller in your game look this video:

Is simple, connect the droidmote client to the droidmote server for windows, enable the droidmoteime, put droidmote client in background, open splashtop and play with your game.

you can download droidmote server for windows in the droidmote support forum after registration. this is the link of the server download http://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2

FOR AVANCED USERS ONLY!
ADDITION MOGA PRO HID MODE FIX FOR 360 CONTROLS with help of zulu99
1. you need Root explorer
2 in the system/usr/keylayout/generic.kbl changed GAS & BRAKE in the generic joystick section to LTRIGGER and RTRIGGER
3 you need to set the permission to read and write for the system folder and the following folders too. Same goes for the generic.kbl file. MAKE SURE ALL FILES ARE RETURNED TO THEIR DEFUALT PERMISSION AFTER EDITING.

Last edited:

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Awesome, really well done ! I not have a Nvidia Shield, i use standard external controllers with my android devices, but your gameplay are very functional and attractive.

Last edited:

wrc1010

Jul 27, 2012
I have nvidia shield but dont have the pc spec that shield require.

Because i am newbie and can someone please post it step by step how to setup Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop + DroidMote or maybe can create a video to show how o setup so that i can play my pc games on my shield?

nielo360

Mar 5, 2011

1.Once you get the apk and install (you must find this on your own, google splashtop thd gamepad apk). install the splashtop server on your pc from their website.

2.droid mote, install from play store. Download the rar file from links provided. follow the readme in it to install the driver on your pc.

3.follow the video tutorials provided on the above post to configure controls and run droid mote server.

Done.

Note: you still need a dual band router 5ghz. that is a requirement for streaming properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: rsandoz

ricardo85x

Aug 30, 2013
Sao Paulo

2.droid mote, install from play store. Download the rar file from links provided. follow the readme in it to install the driver on your pc.

3.follow the video tutorials provided on the above post to configure controls and run droid mote server.

Done.

Note: you still need a dual band router 5ghz. that is a requirement for streaming properly.

any alternative for droidmote for mac users?

thanks

wrc1010

Jul 27, 2012

Done.

Can i use the droidmote free version or need to use the pay version?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

LVNeptune8

Aug 3, 2010

Done.

This confuses the hell out of me...You say don't use Splashtop Remote but in the OP you said use Splashtop Remote 2 .... ???? Did Splashtop Remote 2 NOT work originally and we had to use the THD version and with the newer update THD is NOT required?

EDIT: Just FYI on Windows 8.1 I had to right click x360ce.exe and Run As Administrator because it wasn't loading properly. Am I retarded because I can't figure out how to open Splashtop and keep DroidMote operational so I can play a game properly :( It looks like you just copy those files from the X360 emulator to the game you want to play.

Ok...I think it comes down to changing your keyboard to the droidmoteIME but that doesn't seem to help either. >_<

Ah...Finally. There's an option to change default keyboard that you have to do in Settings for some reason...IN ANY CASE it's finally doing something. Now I just need to figure out why the "A" button is bringing up the steam menu and the "Y" button is acting as "B" button and the "X" is acting as the "A"

Last edited:

nielo360

Mar 5, 2011
This confuses the hell out of me...You say don't use Splashtop Remote but in the OP you said use Splashtop Remote 2 .... ???? Did Splashtop Remote 2 NOT work originally and we had to use the THD version and with the newer update THD is NOT required?

EDIT: Just FYI on Windows 8.1 I had to right click x360ce.exe and Run As Administrator because it wasn't loading properly. Am I retarded because I can't figure out how to open Splashtop and keep DroidMote operational so I can play a game properly :( It looks like you just copy those files from the X360 emulator to the game you want to play.

Ok...I think it comes down to changing your keyboard to the droidmoteIME but that doesn't seem to help either. >_<

Ah...Finally. There's an option to change default keyboard that you have to do in Settings for some reason...IN ANY CASE it's finally doing something. Now I just need to figure out why the "A" button is bringing up the steam menu and the "Y" button is acting as "B" button and the "X" is acting as the "A"

1) the reason I say dont use splashtop remote is because its laggy and useless for gaming ( many people assume splashtop remote and splashtop THD are the same things, they are not.)

2)I missed this step, in your droid mote app hold the keyboard icon its on the top right, then change input to droidmote.

3) You must then hold the middle icon and connect to the droid mote server running on your pc, click search, connect to the shown ip (makes sure droidmote.bat server is running on your pc as a cmd prompt)

4) Once you see the cmd prompt show connected, you can run x360ce to configure your controls. In x360ce make sure you load logitech rumble pad 2 preset, and click load.
after you have made sure your controls are working properly, save config and close x360ce.

5)place x360ce.ini and xinput3_1.dll on the games exe folder. (note xinput3_1.dll may need to be renamed depending on the game you are playing you can google the correct name for the game. on skyrim you dont need to rename,)

Note: if your having problems loading x360ce in windows 8 (i did) download the newer version of dll's from here and place it with your x360ce.exe
https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/detail?name=x360ce_lib32_r789_VS2010.zip&can=2&q=

if you have any error such on config not found etc, just go into the x360ce.ini in the same folder and under
options type Version=1

Last edited:
Reactions: rsandoz

LVNeptune8

Aug 3, 2010
Funny thing is right before you posted this I said F it and installed THD...WOW...HUGE improvement! Not even sure I needed to buy a new router as it was running the same with the new router as the old one. (Bought an ASUS RT-AC66U new in box for $110) But hey...It's working...

There's still this issue with AC3 though the buttons are weirdly reversed it's not acting like a 360 controller...Need to mess with that more later. Half the fun is figuring all this stuff out :)

Character Zero

Aug 22, 2010
Could you post some tutorials when you get this working? I am avoiding the update because it breaks my mobile GPU streaming. I like the Nvidia interface because, for me, it just works. Something like this seems to be a bit more work but if it works just as well i might bit the bullet and upgrade and stream this way. The one issue is I wondering how it works and how much work it is every time you want to stream something.

LVNeptune8

Aug 3, 2010
It would take me forever to write a tutorial. Basically what he said is accurate. I don't understand WHY you need to copy the x360ce files to the game's directory, but you do, and it DOES work! There's some issue specifically with AC3 with button mapping. Not sure what it is, Borderlands 2 works perfect. Here's a YT vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22bUM3LUx9Y

nielo360

Mar 5, 2011
Could you post some tutorials when you get this working? I am avoiding the update because it breaks my mobile GPU streaming. I like the Nvidia interface because, for me, it just works. Something like this seems to be a bit more work but if it works just as well i might bit the bullet and upgrade and stream this way. The one issue is I wondering how it works and how much work it is every time you want to stream something.

actually it only looks like a lot of work, its a very simple process and the benefit is you can stream anything. infact your entire desktop is yours, you dont need steam or gfe or are forced to use nvidia's locked graphics setting. At this point the latest update breaks streaming with compression and artifacts on some if not most games (you can read their forum), Im sure at some point they will reach splashtop thds level of clarity until then this is a better solution.

if the steps I provided in the posts confuse you in any way please let me know and I wil try my best to clarify.

nielo360

Mar 5, 2011
Funny thing is right before you posted this I said F it and installed THD...WOW...HUGE improvement! Not even sure I needed to buy a new router as it was running the same with the new router as the old one. (Bought an ASUS RT-AC66U new in box for $110) But hey...It's working...

There's still this issue with AC3 though the buttons are weirdly reversed it's not acting like a 360 controller...Need to mess with that more later. Half the fun is figuring all this stuff out :)

you can try renaming xinput3_1.dll and put all these together in your games exe folder
xinput1_1.dll xinput2_1.dll and xinput9_1_0.dll

nielo360

Mar 5, 2011
Any way to fix the audio lag? There's a good ~1 sec lag between laptop and Shield

I dint notice audio lag in gaming, I did notice it in some movies. are you on 4.3? 4.2 did have some audio lag. By the way nice vid!! much clearer than mine, can i put it in my original post?

For Ac3: i found this post from a user:
In your games exe folder, go into the X360CE.INI and check the [InputHook] section. Put HookLL=(0/1)and HookCOM=(0/1)to enabled. Which means setting them to 1/1 instead of 0/1

Last edited:

LVNeptune8

Aug 3, 2010
I dint notice audio lag in gaming, I did notice it in some movies. are you on 4.3? 4.2 did have some audio lag. By the way nice vid!! much clearer than mine, can i put it in my original post?

In your games exe folder, go into the X360CE.INI and check the [InputHook] section. Put HookLL=(0/1)and HookCOM=(0/1)to enabled. Which means setting them to 1/1 instead of 0/1

Thanks, I'll try that. You can go ahead and use mine if you want. I'm surprised it came out so well. If I looked for my tripod for my DSLR I would get a sweet video but too much work :)

And yes I'm running 4.3. Video seems to be near instantaneous but audio has about a second lag. It's only annoying for games I've played that I KNOW should have audio at a specific moment.

On a side note, I just found Chuck's Challenge 3D on the store...WOOT brings back childhood playing Chip's Challenge. I think that game single handedly got me into puzzlers.

LVNeptune8

Aug 3, 2010

Fix didn't help. In fact, I think it's an issue with AC3 itself. If I delete the xinput file altogether it does the same thing. Also an easier way to configure your games is to copy your x360ce.ini and x360ce.gdb to C:\ProgramData\X360CE

I would recommend downloading the latest x360ce from here: http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list

You want 32 or 64bit based on your executable's binary. Most are 32 bit.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Chalk this up to strange as hell...

If I have the XBOX 360 wireless receiver plugged in an a controller synced when I launch AC3 and select the XBOX controller from the settings menu the controller doesn't work, but the Shield works PERFECT! W...T...F...? If I shut off the controller the Shield continues to function but as soon as you restart AC3 it no longer works unless the controller is synced.

I think what we need is droidmote to use the same hw/ven id's as the 360 controller and basically spoof itself as a controller, then the issue would go away altogether and we wouldn't/shouldn't even need to use x360ce.

nielo360

Mar 5, 2011
Oh good find, im not sure if its zulu99 or x360ce dev who need to modify the hardware id. After you told me about the audio delay I did notice it while playing fps games and on vlc player lol I was so oblivious to it. I still find it very odd that nvidia is having so much trouble with their streamer considering they worked with splastop for the tegra hd streaming.

Last edited:

LVNeptune8

Aug 3, 2010
Oh good find, im not sure if its zulu99 or x360ce dev who need to modify the hardware id. After you told me about the audio delay I did notice it while playing fps games and on vlc player lol I was so oblivious to it. I still find it very odd that nvidia is having so much trouble with their streamer considering they worked with splastop for the tegra hd streaming.

Just FYI had a similar issue on another game. Halo 2. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 2 (2014) NOW KAINY SUPPORTS FULL 360 GAMEPAD CONTROLS FULLY CUSTOMIZEBLE AND NO DRIVER NEEDED
    After you install kainy and get it running, go into settings and map your controls under gamepad, your pc games will automatically detect your device as a 360 controller and you can easily play your gamestream at 60fps
    http://www.kainy.com/download.html

UPDATE 2014 NOW YOU DONT NEED ANY OF THESE STEPS:) Just install latest splashtop on your pc, enable the gamepad driver. DONE!! Play or hook up any controller :D
    Enable driver link
    https://support-splashtoppersonal.s...for-use-during-a-Splashtop-remote-connection-

FIRST
    A big thank you to zulu99 dev of Droid mote
    Now you can use full shield controller as 360 controller and stream games. use fullscreenizer to make them fullscreen if needed (somtimes splashtop THD wont allow fullscreen and game is windowed)

DO NOT USE SPLASHTOP REMOTE DESKTOP 2. USE SPLASHTOP THD ONLY FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE.
    Run your games & splashtop thd only at 720p. otherwise they are unplayable in most cases.

I made this video for proof that thd streamer with the shield streams faster with no compression artifcats and now works with shield controls thanks to droidmote.
    skyrim
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09yCCfyFRPU&feature=youtu.be
    Torchlight 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdmg_MIByWo&feature=youtu.be
    black ops
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjnj0xdoeRA&feature=youtu.be
    LVNeptune8's borderlands 2 video better quality
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22bUM3LUx9Y
    Borderlands 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVgWn74QdFQ&feature=youtu.be

Steps

2.droid mote, install from play store its the free one. Download the rar file from links provided. follow the readme in it to install the driver on your pc.
    http://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2

3.follow the video tutorials provided on the video below to configure controls and run droid mote server.

NOTE ON UNINSTALL: if you decide you dont want to use this method make sure you delete x360ce.ini and xinput3_1.dll from any game folders that have used and you will be fine.

Aditional notes:
    1)In your droid mote app hold the keyboard icon its on the top right, then change input to droidmote.(if input option doesnt show, go to your phones input settings and check droidemote and try again)

2) You must then hold the middle icon and connect to the droid mote server running on your pc, click search, connect to the shown ip (makes sure droidmote.bat server is running on your pc as a cmd prompt)

3) Once you see the cmd prompt show connected, you can run x360ce to configure your controls. In x360ce make sure you load logitech rumble pad 2 preset, and click load.
    after you have made sure your controls are working properly, save config and close x360ce. (triggers must be mapped manually as Halfaxis->Half4 & Half5)

4)place x360ce.ini and xinput3_1.dll on the games exe folder. The x360ce.ini file and xinput3_1.dll are your controller config file which tells the game to use your controller. (note xinput3_1.dll may need to be renamed depending on the game you are playing you can google the correct name for the game. on skyrim you dont need to rename)

EDIT: triggers must be mapped as Half axis-> Half4 & Half5
    EDIT: controller maping fix for deus ex http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2086894

zul99s post

Now that the nvidia shield was updated to android 4.3, you can play ALL windows games with the normal free Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop + DroidMote (client free and server for windows free)

Like in this video but with the controller of your shield:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTDCMRbg2Lc

If you want simulate an xbox 360 controller in your game look this video:

Is simple, connect the droidmote client to the droidmote server for windows, enable the droidmoteime, put droidmote client in background, open splashtop and play with your game.

you can download droidmote server for windows in the droidmote support forum after registration. this is the link of the server download http://www.videomap.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2

FOR AVANCED USERS ONLY!
    ADDITION MOGA PRO HID MODE FIX FOR 360 CONTROLS with help of zulu99
    1. you need Root explorer
    2 in the system/usr/keylayout/generic.kbl changed GAS & BRAKE in the generic joystick section to LTRIGGER and RTRIGGER
    3 you need to set the permission to read and write for the system folder and the following folders too. Same goes for the generic.kbl file. MAKE SURE ALL FILES ARE RETURNED TO THEIR DEFUALT PERMISSION AFTER EDITING.

Done.

1) the reason I say dont use splashtop remote is because its laggy and useless for gaming ( many people assume splashtop remote and splashtop THD are the same things, they are not.)

2)I missed this step, in your droid mote app hold the keyboard icon its on the top right, then change input to droidmote.

3) You must then hold the middle icon and connect to the droid mote server running on your pc, click search, connect to the shown ip (makes sure droidmote.bat server is running on your pc as a cmd prompt)

4) Once you see the cmd prompt show connected, you can run x360ce to configure your controls. In x360ce make sure you load logitech rumble pad 2 preset, and click load.
    after you have made sure your controls are working properly, save config and close x360ce.

5)place x360ce.ini and xinput3_1.dll on the games exe folder. (note xinput3_1.dll may need to be renamed depending on the game you are playing you can google the correct name for the game. on skyrim you dont need to rename,)

Note: if your having problems loading x360ce in windows 8 (i did) download the newer version of dll's from here and place it with your x360ce.exe
    https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/detail?name=x360ce_lib32_r789_VS2010.zip&can=2&q=

if you have any error such on config not found etc, just go into the x360ce.ini in the same folder and under
    options type Version=1
    Has anyone been able to map the back button properly in x360ce? Any button I try either changes the volume or exits Splashtop as an example.

After some messing around with options, I found that the Back button is usually always bound to being Start. So I just mapped the Start Button as Back.

This is working for me on Borderlands 2 as I type this.