FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.3.1] SlimHalo | Animation Control | Weather Panel [11/02/2013]

203 posts
Thanks Meter: 353
 
By Florendroid, Senior Member on 15th October 2013, 06:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2013, 08:39 PM |#181  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianray14

This ROM is ridic fast and running perfectly on my device. Thank you OP for making this available for us!

I have three questions, perhaps someone can chime in here.

The stock camera app doesn't seem to have zoom. I've noticed this on a couple diff 4.3 ROM's.

LED lights. I didn't see the option to customize the LED lights for apps. Is this feature baked in or should I use an app like light manager from the play store?

And lastly, is there an option to add the camera pane in the lock screen or is there a separate .zip?

Thanks again OP for stellar additions to slim that make an otherwise good ROM great!



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Camera is pinch to zoom. The widget is in security - lock screen and led are in display settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to lqdcat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lqdcat Ad-Free
 
 
2nd November 2013, 08:40 PM |#182  
Florendroid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 353
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianray14

This ROM is ridic fast and running perfectly on my device. Thank you OP for making this available for us!

I have three questions, perhaps someone can chime in here.

The stock camera app doesn't seem to have zoom. I've noticed this on a couple diff 4.3 ROM's.

LED lights. I didn't see the option to customize the LED lights for apps. Is this feature baked in or should I use an app like light manager from the play store?

And lastly, is there an option to add the camera pane in the lock screen or is there a separate .zip?

Thanks again OP for stellar additions to slim that make an otherwise good ROM great!



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

- yes there's a zoom : pinch in or out on preview screen
- i don't think you can customize the LED with Slim ?
- for camera widget on lockscreen go to Security --> lockscreen

Thanks for your kind words.

EDIT: I wasn't fast enough
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Florendroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Florendroid Ad-Free
3rd November 2013, 03:36 AM |#183  
Florendroid's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 353
 
More
Latest and probably last build before KitKat is up.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Florendroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Florendroid Ad-Free
3rd November 2013, 04:04 AM |#184  
Showme1's Avatar
Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianray14

This ROM is ridic fast and running perfectly on my device. Thank you OP for making this available for us!

I have three questions, perhaps someone can chime in here.

The stock camera app doesn't seem to have zoom. I've noticed this on a couple diff 4.3 ROM's.

LED lights. I didn't see the option to customize the LED lights for apps. Is this feature baked in or should I use an app like light manager from the play store?

And lastly, is there an option to add the camera pane in the lock screen or is there a separate .zip?

Thanks again OP for stellar additions to slim that make an otherwise good ROM great!



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

LED control
Settings>display>. Battery for battery LEDs. Pulse notification for app LEDs
3rd November 2013, 07:37 PM |#185  
brianray14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bradenton
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
This thread is quiet! That's the sure sign of a sound ROM!

I noticed another strange quirk and I was wondering if someone else wouldn't mind testing this out to see whether it's a chrome related issue or Rom related. When navigating to http://news.google.com via chrome, it displays like the pic below. I'll also add that I replaced my chrome app with a blacked out version from team black out so this could also be a problem. Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. Google news usually displays a mobile version. I noticed this behavior on a few of slim's 4.2.2 builds as well a couple other ROM's


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1383507387100.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	2369189  
The Following User Says Thank You to brianray14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brianray14 Ad-Free
3rd November 2013, 08:58 PM |#186  
Sajoeee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 471
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianray14

This thread is quiet! That's the sure sign of a sound ROM!

I noticed another strange quirk and I was wondering if someone else wouldn't mind testing this out to see whether it's a chrome related issue or Rom related. When navigating to http://news.google.com via chrome, it displays like the pic below. I'll also add that I replaced my chrome app with a blacked out version from team black out so this could also be a problem. Thanks in advance guys.

P.S. Google news usually displays a mobile version. I noticed this behavior on a few of slim's 4.2.2 builds as well a couple other ROM's


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

happens on every rom, not just this rom. might be a chrome issue? it happens on all google pages, like g+ and such..
3rd November 2013, 09:39 PM |#187  
brianray14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bradenton
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajoeee

happens on every rom, not just this rom. might be a chrome issue? it happens on all google pages, like g+ and such..

Every other Google page I open in chrome displays as it should. Anyway.. not a deal breaker by any means. Just wondered if anyone knew why this phenomenon effects certain builds (like slim 4.2.2 v7.6 I think) and not other builds (like slim 4.2.2 v8 )


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
3rd November 2013, 10:03 PM |#188  
tallsilver's Avatar
Senior Member
Conway, SC
Thanks Meter: 216
 
More
Great!
Update working good.........as usual! Thanks for your work.
The Following User Says Thank You to tallsilver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tallsilver Ad-Free
4th November 2013, 02:52 PM |#189  
tobesedated's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 491
 
More
No problems with the update at all and I installed the newest PA gapps which are actually the 4.4 fixed to run on 4.3 ROMs. I originally posted in the wrong forum lol but found my way back lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
4th November 2013, 02:54 PM |#190  
tallsilver's Avatar
Senior Member
Conway, SC
Thanks Meter: 216
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobesedated

No problems with the update at all and I installed the newest PA gapps which are actually the 4.4 fixed to run on 4.3 ROMs. I originally posted in the wrong forum lol but found my way back lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Any real difference in the gapps? And do they work with the dark UI? Thanks.
4th November 2013, 03:00 PM |#191  
tobesedated's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 491
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallsilver

Any real difference in the gapps? And do they work with the dark UI? Thanks.

I have dark ui running and no problems.. I think the coolest thing is SMS integrated with hangouts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes