[ROM][PRE-ALPHA] Evervolv Kitkat 4.4 - Pre-alpha 1 [19.11.13]

Search This thread

LaidbackNikez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
I remembered to bring my phone back home :D So hopefully I can manage to squeeze in some time later today. I am almost positive the error I am currently facing is the same as I had on msm8660. I just need to figure out how to fix it. So if there are some real kernel devs please contact me asap.

Last edited:

stratoll

Mar 10, 2012
Lahore
So if you were to flash a zlimage which i think is the same as a boot img
Which as i understand contains the kernel
How would you know if its working
Flash on a rom and try to boot?

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

stevesuk

Mar 15, 2006
I noticed my battery had been draining a bit quicker since I started using Android 4.3 (which otherwise runs pretty much fine, thanks to Nikez' great work).

I use an app that turns data/syncing off at night to save battery, but I noticed that the battery was still dropping significantly overnight. I looked in the battery control panel, and noticed that WiFi seemed to be consuming battery 24 hours a day, even when it was supposedly switched off.

Apparently this is a new feature that Android 4.3 brings (to help with apps that need your location, WiFi isn't actually "off" even when you switch it to "off"... its always scanning).

I guess on modern hardware, everything is optimised so that the least amount of power is consumed when WiFi is in this state, but I'm guessing this may not apply to our good old HTC Desire :)

Thankfully, there's an option you can choose from the Advanced WiFi settings page to turn this off (set "Scanning always available" to "off"). This means that WiFi will be properly off when you turn it off.

Going to test and see if this helps with battery life, but thought I'd post this info here in case it helps anyone out.

tom0769

Dec 15, 2010
Just downloaded evervolv repo for compiling from source (make a slim rom,155MB on system, with only two locales).
4.2 works great.
4.3 has problems with mobile data connection (very unstable, also tested latest nightly).

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Nbsss

Aug 11, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I've moved on to a nexus 5, but i can't wait to see what Nikez will do next with this phone - kitkat is meant to be as good as GB for low end phones afterall.

Is evervolv planning on making N5 roms?

Reactions: willy1980

LaidbackNikez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
I reckon I will Kitkat booting within the hour.

Issues with space and EGL made it take a little while longer. Here it is.
BYMhmzAIYAA8cRc.jpg

Now I really have to sleep. 3h till work...

abaaaabbbb63

Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
amazing work - KitKat running on the Desire!

would have been an epic win if Google had announced they would push KitKat to Nexus One, Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus - specifically mentioning it runs on low end devices - anyway shame on them...

It would have been too much work.

Plus, when Google said that, they were reffering to future low cost phones, with limited hardware. This means that weaker hardwear will be able to run KitKat almost as good as top hardware.

Top Liked Posts