[ROM] [4.4.2] SlimKat (manta) [STABLE 4.0]

Search This thread

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Last edited:

damngood98

Sep 7, 2009
Detroit
So for anyone trying this, here's my results after a little trial & error

Latest twrp didn't flash, aborted installation, error 7, etc..... In the n4/mako threads the majority of users were having this issue (worked fine for me). twrp for mako has been updated, but still waiting on a manta update

In the meantime i went over to cwm recovery thread. Haven't used that in ages and it seems there may be issues with some of their updates in general. There are flashables available for the last several versions. Here's the one that worked for me:

Clockwork_MOD-6.0.3.8-Touch-manta.zip

edit: just now signing in, everything booted well....happy flashing! :cool:

Last edited:

sttovo

Sep 17, 2012
Cincinnati
So for anyone trying this, here's my results after a little trial & error

Latest twrp didn't flash, aborted installation, error 7, etc..... In the n4/mako threads the majority of users were having this issue (worked fine for me). twrp for mako has been updated, but still waiting on a manta update

In the meantime i went over to cwm recovery thread. Haven't used that in ages and it seems there may be issues with some of their updates in general. There are flashables available for the last several versions. Here's the one that worked for me:

Clockwork_MOD-6.0.3.8-Touch-manta.zip

edit: just now signing in, everything booted well....happy flashing! :cool:

I can confirm Slim 4.4 didn't flash in TWRP. Just finished trying to flash a few minutes ago. I like TWRP better, so will wait until the issues can be sorted. Thanks damngood!

bruce7373

Apr 28, 2012
Los Angeles
Guys, will I run into trouble if I try to restore non-Google user apps with Titanium?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

damngood98

Sep 7, 2009
Detroit
Guys, will I run into trouble if I try to restore non-Google user apps with Titanium?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

i'm picky about what apps i restore but i've had no issues so far with tb

although when using google's launcher, the keyboard pops up everytime i use the home button

and for those asking about features, most are not available....have a little patience and we will see them arrive in time. the slim team has much planned (or so i hear ;))

bruce7373

Apr 28, 2012
Los Angeles
you should be fine, but cant say for sure

i'm picky about what apps i restore but i've had no issues so far with tb

although when using google's launcher, the keyboard pops up everytime i use the home button

and for those asking about features, most are not available....have a little patience and we will see them arrive in time. the slim team has much planned (or so i hear ;))

Went ahead and no problems so far (FCs with a couple of apps, but I guess that's to be expected coming from 4.3). Yeah, the keyboard popup with the Google launcher is annoying as hell. Went directly to Nova. And I hope TWRP gets updated soon. Not a big fan of CWM.

Edit: CWM recoveries are written to the system partition, correct? So they're not accessible with any ROM/Nandroid management app?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

Jdiesel87

May 9, 2013
Is wifi, sound and bluetooth working or are we going to need to wait for the 4.4 binaries? Either way I'm looking forward to seeing how 4.4 progresses on the Nexus 10.

fronti90

Mar 29, 2012
Is wifi, sound and bluetooth working or are we going to need to wait for the 4.4 binaries? Either way I'm looking forward to seeing how 4.4 progresses on the Nexus 10.

Well right now I am using 4.3binaries but there weren't any reports about those things not working so... ;)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4

miketoasty

Sep 13, 2010
Kills me that you would release this right as I get to work, can't wait to get home and give this a shot.

damngood98

Sep 7, 2009
Detroit

Well right now I am using 4.3binaries but there weren't any reports about those things not working so... ;)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4

can confirm all work just fine here...only issue i've seen (other than that keyboard) is netflix/youtube aren't playing nice....they open but won't actually play anything

could be something i restrored, gonna wipe/flash all over again, no tb & I'll report back when i get the chance

sttovo

Sep 17, 2012
Cincinnati
How is the performance and smoothness overall? Compared to 4.3? Is it worse, better but not noticeable, better and totally awesome!

damngood98

Sep 7, 2009
Detroit
OK, fully wiped again. No mods, only signed in. YouTube isn't playing back for me. Only app I downloaded was Netflix, didn't work either. Not complaining, it's early, just thought if give a heads up for everybody. Otherwise the performance is excellent. Can't wait for this to move forward :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.
    new version is up guys

the launcher problems as well the keyboard popup we cannot do anything...this is a bug on googles closed sourced new launcher lol. Lets hope they will update it as well soon. You can use nova instead which is in our builds as well

Fixes Last version:
    - added dalvik optimizations....so speed up step one :p
    - reworked and adapted status bar clock and date customization to 4.4
    - added some of our camera features (smart captchure, jpg quality, color filter, gps indicator)
    - reworked the complete camera to the new google style. Google stoped it after they finished the photo camera interface lol. So all into new PIE style + some fixes + more consistent now
    - added a bunch of Mms/SMS fixes
    - activated on supported devices lockscreen transparency on nav and statusbar
    - some stability fixes
    - fixed some google 4.4 code derps
    - a lot small stuff

have fun and cheers
    Hello again!

Sorry it took so long time to come back with a new build!

Here's beta 0.8!

Slim-manta-5.1.1.beta.0.8-UNOFFICIAL-20151002-2318.zip
    Slim_zero_gapps.BETA.5.1.build.0.x-20150922.zip
    You'll have to use Zero gapps at the moment! There isn't enough space for Mini gapps.
    I will try to resolve this issue in the next build.

Synced with Slim @ Oct 2nd.
    -Android 5.1.1_r16
    Base:
    -Fixes for memory leaks, slim features, random stuff,
    -Rotating back button
    Settings:
    -Show APK path
    -Slim Action fixes
    -Fix possible crashes

Lots of other stuff too, check: https://review.slimroms.org/#/q/status:merged

Extra stuff:
    -RRO: bugfix & new color addition
    -rootdir: Set ioprio for SurfaceFlinger (Improves UI smoothes a bit)
    -Kernel: few fix under the hood (nothing special)

I have more kernel stuff WIP now..Manta's old/out-of-date kernel base is causing some "problems" (well it just takes more time to check everything and fix conflicts by hand.. :().
    Adding few new IO schedulers is almost done (BFQ & Fiops), CPU Governors need still work, other stuff comes later.
    (I might post some test kernels here in some point).

Cheers!
    We've once again did it, we released our newest stable build (4.0)
    You can find the changelog here:
    http://slimroms.net/index.php/changelog/444-slimkat-4-stable

and the download here:
    http://slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1035-4-4

Have fun

Nebucatnetzer
    new build is up, enjoy!:D