FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Q] another way to download Google translate offline package (android Ver.)?

62 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By banditboy13, Member on 14th April 2013, 04:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th October 2013, 04:48 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Solved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditboy13

hi

can anyone tell me another way to download offline package of Google Translate? I tried to downloaded from the app itself, but I failed.
I need to download it separately, and move them to Google Translate folder

thanks

I tried several things and eventually got my offline french to work. Firstly I was only looking for an alternative download method because the download / install from Google Play kept failing. I suspect the solution to my original download problem and that to the unzip route is the same. Translate itself most be installed on the PHONE and not on the SD Card.

I downloaded the two zip files (c.zip and fr.zip) thanks to SmOgER, unzipped them on my PC then downloaded them onto my SD Card. It did not work

I then placed the actual zip files on the SD Card at: SD/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.translate/files/ol/v3r1/tmp\v3r1\zip then I Opened Translate, went into offline packages and selected French. It worked, it recognised the zip files (and did not try to download then again it just went straight into installation.

One complication maybe. The uncompressed c.zip creates a folder call c, under SD/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.translate/files/ol/v3r1. This is where the Profiles.txt file goes.

I suspect that if I had moved Translate itself from the SD Card onto the phone and installed the offline package from Google Play it too would have worked.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpurLance For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpurLance Ad-Free
 
 
4th November 2013, 01:33 PM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Audio still not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpurLance

I tried several things and eventually got my offline french to work. Firstly I was only looking for an alternative download method because the download / install from Google Play kept failing. I suspect the solution to my original download problem and that to the unzip route is the same. Translate itself most be installed on the PHONE and not on the SD Card.

I downloaded the two zip files (c.zip and fr.zip) thanks to SmOgER, unzipped them on my PC then downloaded them onto my SD Card. It did not work

I then placed the actual zip files on the SD Card at: SD/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.translate/files/ol/v3r1/tmp\v3r1\zip then I Opened Translate, went into offline packages and selected French. It worked, it recognised the zip files (and did not try to download then again it just went straight into installation.

One complication maybe. The uncompressed c.zip creates a folder call c, under SD/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.translate/files/ol/v3r1. This is where the Profiles.txt file goes.

I suspect that if I had moved Translate itself from the SD Card onto the phone and installed the offline package from Google Play it too would have worked.

Hi i've tried so much times with two diff languages ( French & Arabic ) and it didn't work! same way you do , still whene i open the Trabslate app start download the core package and the language file!!

here's some screenshoots ! any one can help us? i need it so bad





Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-04-13-12-52.png
Views:	2822
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	2370583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-04-13-15-28.png
Views:	2556
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	2370584  
The Following User Says Thank You to dzsergio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dzsergio Ad-Free
4th November 2013, 02:01 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Solved!
Hi guys , " again "
seems i did it :3

it's a simple trick , you only need
two zip files (c.zip and language.zip) - check old comment ( SmOgER )
download it on pc , and put it on SD card , wherever , just on the sd Card
You need Also a " free " file manger - which is excellent - app on Google play : Es File Explorer
and it's icon in the attch pic

well , the trick is to activate WiFi connection then start normally downloading the Core zip , just don't wait the whole time, after 2 sec , disable wifi connection , open Es File Manger , Overwrite that zip which named " C.zip" which you copied befor on SD , at SD/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.translate/files/ol/v3r1/tmp\v3r1\zip , don't Forget " Overwrite ", now again activate wifi , it will complete directly and start downloading the Offline package of language , you just have to do the same steps befor and replace the language zip file on ur SD to the /tmp\v3r1\zip folder , and

the way how it looks like in attch pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6nBWoG8rhYSPm4kywQyIqP-vtEsnfXhiQrIjDg9-V6w.png
Views:	4835
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	2370626   Click image for larger version

Name:	jH-9ZoQt74x_o5Nuswcxe0NQ8EFkk_n-FqIRK2W8d-U.png
Views:	4314
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	2370627   Click image for larger version

Name:	VjaEIseggZJpesiMS4TodlPsiGDMh7QSrPC-aFjfKtk.png
Views:	4119
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	2370628   Click image for larger version

Name:	N8AfMbNC5Of7CD5iyGoDJ-RoN0zApkGlZ8ExJ7BxFWA.jpg
Views:	3624
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2370629  
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to dzsergio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dzsergio Ad-Free
24th November 2013, 07:43 AM |#14  
gkprashu's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Talking Language Codes
Lang Codes for google translate


lr=lang_af Afrikaans
lr=lang_ar Arabic
lr=lang_hy Armenian
lr=lang_be Belarusian
lr=lang_bg Bulgarian
lr=lang_ca Catalan
lr=lang_zh-CN Chinese (Simplified)
lr=lang_zh-TW Chinese (Traditional)
lr=lang_hr Croatian
lr=lang_cs Czech
lr=lang_da Danish
lr=lang_nl Dutch
lr=lang_en English
lr=lang_eo Esperanto
lr=lang_et Estonian
lr=lang_tl Filipino
lr=lang_fi Finnish
lr=lang_fr French
lr=lang_de German
lr=lang_el Greek
lr=lang_iw Hebrew
lr=lang_hi Hindi
lr=lang_hu Hungarian
lr=lang_is Icelandic
lr=lang_id Indonesian
lr=lang_it Italian
lr=lang_ja Japanese
lr=lang_ko Korean
lr=lang_lv Latvian
lr=lang_lt Lithuanian
lr=lang_no Norwegian
lr=lang_fa Persian
lr=lang_pl Polish
lr=lang_pt Portuguese
lr=lang_ro Romanian
lr=lang_ru Russian
lr=lang_sr Serbian
lr=lang_sk Slovak
lr=lang_sl Slovenian
lr=lang_es Spanish
lr=lang_sw Swahili
lr=lang_sv Swedish
lr=lang_th Thai
lr=lang_tr Turkish
lr=lang_uk Ukrainian
lr=lang_vi Vietnamese
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gkprashu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gkprashu Ad-Free
12th December 2013, 07:47 AM |#15  
inspir3's Avatar
Member
Flag Chirchik
Thanks Meter: 5
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzsergio

Hi guys , " again "
seems i did it :3

it's a simple trick , you only need
two zip files (c.zip and language.zip) - check old comment ( SmOgER )
download it on pc , and put it on SD card , wherever , just on the sd Card
You need Also a " free " file manger - which is excellent - app on Google play : Es File Explorer
and it's icon in the attch pic

well , the trick is to activate WiFi connection then start normally downloading the Core zip , just don't wait the whole time, after 2 sec , disable wifi connection , open Es File Manger , Overwrite that zip which named " C.zip" which you copied befor on SD , at SD/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.translate/files/ol/v3r1/tmp\v3r1\zip , don't Forget " Overwrite ", now again activate wifi , it will complete directly and start downloading the Offline package of language , you just have to do the same steps befor and replace the language zip file on ur SD to the /tmp\v3r1\zip folder , and

the way how it looks like in attch pics

Tried that... And it worked for me! Outstanding thank you. LG Optimus Lte, JB 4.1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to inspir3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inspir3 Ad-Free
12th December 2013, 10:59 AM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
thanks
15th December 2013, 08:15 AM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Mirror for language packs
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SmOgER

which language do you need?

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

EDIT:
Ok I got a little curious, so here it is...

Core files:
http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/c.zip
http://dl.google.com/translate/offli...1/profiles.txt

Languages:

dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/desired language tag (2 letters).zip

f.e.

French: http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/fr.zip
Spanish: http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/es.zip
Italian: http://dl.google.com/translate/offline/v3/r1/it.zip
... so on and so forth ...

Could anyone upload the language packs on a mirror server (specially for Persian and Arabic) please? I have problem with access to dl.google
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m_amirian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m_amirian Ad-Free
20th December 2013, 04:19 PM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_amirian

Could anyone upload the language packs on a mirror server (specially for Persian and Arabic) please? I have problem with access to dl.google

USE PROXY
try psiphon, it's a good !
The Following User Says Thank You to mhksol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mhksol Ad-Free
30th December 2013, 11:44 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBauman

This doesn't work. Google Translate still doesn't see the language as available offline.

there must be some other location where google translate stores configuration option that tell it what languages are installed - if that configuration file does not say "german" then even if you have copied the german dictionary files, still it will not see them, this is my explanation
17th January 2014, 12:45 PM |#20  
dlshad's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
speech offline Language with Google translate
Hi
What about Offline Voices it not Work without net? When Downloading Offline Language The Voice Speech?
Thanks
24th January 2014, 05:29 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thumbs up great thanks شكرا جزيلا
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzsergio

Hi guys , " again "
seems i did it :3

it's a simple trick , you only need
two zip files (c.zip and language.zip) - check old comment ( SmOgER )
download it on pc , and put it on SD card , wherever , just on the sd Card
You need Also a " free " file manger - which is excellent - app on Google play : Es File Explorer
and it's icon in the attch pic

well , the trick is to activate WiFi connection then start normally downloading the Core zip , just don't wait the whole time, after 2 sec , disable wifi connection , open Es File Manger , Overwrite that zip which named " C.zip" which you copied befor on SD , at SD/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.translate/files/ol/v3r1/tmp\v3r1\zip , don't Forget " Overwrite ", now again activate wifi , it will complete directly and start downloading the Offline package of language , you just have to do the same steps befor and replace the language zip file on ur SD to the /tmp\v3r1\zip folder , and

the way how it looks like in attch pics

inspir3 I went through the agonizing steps of registration just to tell you how grateful I am thanks thanks thanks >>> شكرا جزيلا واسال الله ان يوفقك ويزيد من علمك
The Following User Says Thank You to sondad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sondad Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes