Realme 3 Pro
Model - Callbar A1
Android - 2.3.5
Kernal Version – 2.6.35.7
Software version – 2.3.001.P1.12065
Hardware version – P1
CPU – SC6820 (1 Ghz.)
Screen – 3.5” HVGA

I tried several methods such as DoomLord, SuperOneClick, UnlockRoot, Z4Root to root the phone but none worked.

Tried ADB to manually root the phone through commands but almost every command returns – “Permission Denied” or “Read Only System”. However files su, SuperUsr.apk, BusyBox were easily pushed into /data/local/tmp. Further steps like making local.prop and onwards could not be executed and returned above stated errors.

Also tried modifications by putting update.zip on SdCard root and running Android Recovery System but this method also returned error “Signature Verification Failed”.

Tried Nautilus on Linux Mint with OpenSSH while running DroidSSH on the phone but could not mount device by any means.

Scanned my device with ‘X-Ray’ app which reported that device or firmware I am using had been patched and is not vulnerable to any of the exploit available at the moment.

I desperately need rooting to remove pre-installed bloatwares and applications to free internal memory which is very less. I am trying to root phone for the last several days but every method has failed. Can any one help???

I have attached PDF file containing complete details of System Memory Map, MTD Tables, Symbolic Links, Directory Permissions and File Permissions of my android phone. I hope some one having knowledge of android system can help me by suggesting custom exploit after going through these details.

Attachments

• CallBar.jpg
    CallBar.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,035
  • System.pdf
    182.7 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

Intex12345

Jan 2, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Realme 3 Pro
How to Root Patched Android 2.3.5 on SpreadTrum SC6830

I have attached PDF file containing complete details of System Memory Map, MTD Tables, Symbolic Links, Directory Permissions and File Permissions of my android phone. I hope some one having knowledge of android system can help me by suggesting custom exploit after going through these details.

Attachments

• System.pdf
    182.7 KB · Views: 160

Siddharth358

May 19, 2013
Somewhere In The Earth
Hey, I also have a spreadtrum sc6820 device and i rooted it successfully using the software ICS Root Unlocker.
Just search for it on google and download it.Then follow the instructions.Hope it helps :)

immangal

May 11, 2013
Hey, I also have a spreadtrum sc6820 device and i rooted it successfully using the software ICS Root Unlocker.
Just search for it on google and download it.Then follow the instructions.Hope it helps :)

Do you mean this:
Code:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidroot/

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Do you mean this:
Code:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidroot/

Getting errors like:
"Read only file-system"
"No such file or directory"
"Operation not permitted"

Intex12345

Jan 2, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Realme 3 Pro
CallBar A1 SC6820 Stock ROM Available

UPDATE

Original Stock ROM of CallBar Mobiles is available on following official link.

Millions of Thanks to Company's Sales Head Officer in my country to whom I talked on Mobile. He was kind enough to spare his precious time and guided me to download StockRom and flash it properly. Without naming him on this public portal, I would like to tell that he is Great Person.

There are 3 Stock ROMs for Models CallBar A1, CallBar A2 and CallBar Tab7 available under the Modem Driver Download Section. The Rar File includes all tools and software required for flashing.

Here is the link

Last edited by a moderator:

Intex12345

Jan 2, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Realme 3 Pro
SpreadTrum SC6820 CallBar A1 Rooted

Successfully rooted CallBar A1 Mobile through ResearchDownload.

Requirement - Stock Rom (pac file) and CWM Recovery Image.

While flashing original ROM through ResearchDownload Software, I simply replaced the path of Recovery.img file to CWM Recovery image file. After Flash was over. Restarted phone in CWM Recovery and applied update.zip from sd-card containing SuperUser Files.

Its done.... Rooted.

Took me almost months to get success. I kept experimenting whenever got time. At one time also bricked.... any way finally I am done.

jhenu

Oct 22, 2013
Shanghai
Intex12345 Can you make a tutorial for the rooting ?

Successfully rooted CallBar A1 Mobile through ResearchDownload.

Requirement - Stock Rom (pac file) and CWM Recovery Image.

While flashing original ROM through ResearchDownload Software, I simply replaced the path of Recovery.img file to CWM Recovery image file. After Flash was over. Restarted phone in CWM Recovery and applied update.zip from sd-card containing SuperUser Files.

Its done.... Rooted.

Took me almost months to get success. I kept experimenting whenever got time. At one time also bricked.... any way finally I am done.

Hello Congrats on getting your phone rooted. very happy for you ... Can you make a Tutorial for noobs like me ... which will definitiely help the spreadtrum community....

Intex12345

Jan 2, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Realme 3 Pro
SpreadTrum Rooting

Hello Congrats on getting your phone rooted. very happy for you ... Can you make a Tutorial for noobs like me ... which will definitiely help the spreadtrum community....

I also dont know much about rooting but after several tries i successfully rooted my SpreadTrum. (CallBar A1 Mobile). It was very difficult because I rooted another Samsung Models with much ease.
All methods for my CallBar had been unsuccessful, till I got original firmware. SO In my method, you need firmware first. If you have original firmware then write back. I would surely like to help you.
If you have CallBar Mobile then I will write the steps in details so that you can root your mobile. But as far as my knowledge is concerned all Spreadtrum phones dont root with common method.

jhenu

Oct 22, 2013
Shanghai
Hai intex12345,

I have samsung s-gt7262 mobile. It has spreadtrum sc6820 processor. The firmware are available at samsung-updates.com for india region.
So I have firmware and odin downloaded.
Pls guide me further.

Sent from my GT-S7262 using xda app-developers app

Intex12345

Jan 2, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Realme 3 Pro
Hai intex12345,

I have samsung s-gt7262 mobile. It has spreadtrum sc6820 processor. The firmware are available at samsung-updates.com for india region.

Bro, you have a newer phone and people are still trying to root this.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2500162

If you find CWM Recovery image which may be working for your Model then it would be better because I tried to find CWM for your model but found none. Any way... you may try random CWM images for your mobile.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2165554

From the above link you need some tools, software, images:

First of all you will need Research Download Tool so download Package Debug Tools.
Working CWM Recovery Image for your model. At the moment no specific is available so try Random CWM images.... You may try one after another image.
FDL files so download FDL file set also.

Remember, Research Download can revive even dead phone.

(Windows XP is better for using Research Download because SpreadTrum Mobile drivers don’t install in Windows 8.... You may try on both windows though. For me, it worked on XP so I had to install VMWare with XP on my Windows 8)

1. Install SpreadTrum Drivers.......
2. Run Channel Server (You will find in Debug Tools package)
3. In the setting select 115200 baud rate.
4. Run Research Download
5. Channel Server should have green light when Research Download is run. If not, change Com Port and Endian Setting in the Channel Server.
6. Open Firmware (pac file) through single gear icon.
7. Open the setting (two gears Icon). Make sure that baud rate in Research Download is also 115200
8. Replace fdl1 and fdl2 with the files available with you.... (Try different sets you have downloaded.... Hit and trial.... I would suggest you to try first without replacing these files)
9. In the Recovery row, replace the path of file to the CWM Recovery image file Downloaded by you. This is Custom Work Mode Recovery file. By changing this file, Research Download will flash CWM Recovery instead of Normal Stock Recovery. In case Custom Work Mode Recovery image is not flashed, mobile will still have normal Stock Recovery BUT without advanced features. But for Rooting you need Custom Work Mode Recovery. So try image suitable for your model. There is none specific for your model so you may try one by one after flash is over....
10. Go to the Calibration Tab.... uncheck all boxes..... if you dont, it may trouble you. Flash may fail. I was stuck for days on this step. Then I tried this setting and worked for me. One more guy has also reported to have worked this step for him. Another will report soon because he is also stuck on that.
11. Press Play Button.
12. Dont plug your mobile yet. Switch it off. Thereafter, plug in mobile in Computer USB while holding Volume - button.
13. Flash will start.
14. After the flash is complete, Reboot the Phone.
15. It’s should boot ...... Hopefully it would.
Now you have phone with firmware flashed with CWM Recovery Image installed on it.

Now comes the part of installing Super User files. Download SuperUser Zip from official web site.

16. Place Zip file containing SuperUser files on the root of sd-card.
17. Shut down Phone.
18. Switch on phone while holding vol(-) and power button. (Your model may have different combination for entering into Recovery Mode) It will reboot phone in CWM mode. Apply zip file containing SuperUser files from sdcard.
19. Reboot. It’s rooted.

I am not responsible, if you bricked your mobile in the process. I bricked my own handset once... But Research Download can revive even dead phones so mine was also brought back to life.... As long as you have firmware with you.... You make take risks.

Best of luck.... If you are stuck on any step.... Just tell me. I have tried to cover all steps... But some steps may require detailed instructions for newer people.

Reactions: jhenu

jhenu

Oct 22, 2013
Shanghai
CWM recovery.img required

Thanks a lot to intex12345 for penning down your journey.

I'm the one posted recently in that thread, No activity as of now.
If you find CWM Recovery image which may be working for your Model then it would be better because I tried to find CWM for your model but found none. Any way... you may try random CWM images for your mobile.

I tried all available/possible combination of kernel for the processor/mobile. Everything Bricked my phone. So I have started the process of creating my own CWM recovery :) Wish me Good Luck.
Once I have access to working CWM I think I can go further.

Intex12345

Jan 2, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Realme 3 Pro
I tried all available/possible combination of kernel for the processor/mobile. Everything Bricked my phone. So I have started the process of creating my own CWM recovery :) Wish me Good Luck.
Once I have access to working CWM I think I can go further.

Good Luck Dear.... I would like to see your handset working again. You may atleast flash original firmware to keep it working.... By the time you root it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hai intex12345,

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2165554

From the above link you need some tools, software, images:

First of all you will need Research Download Tool so download Package Debug Tools.
    Working CWM Recovery Image for your model. At the moment no specific is available so try Random CWM images.... You may try one after another image.
    FDL files so download FDL file set also.

Remember, Research Download can revive even dead phone.

(Windows XP is better for using Research Download because SpreadTrum Mobile drivers don’t install in Windows 8.... You may try on both windows though. For me, it worked on XP so I had to install VMWare with XP on my Windows 8)

1. Install SpreadTrum Drivers.......
    2. Run Channel Server (You will find in Debug Tools package)
    3. In the setting select 115200 baud rate.
    4. Run Research Download
    5. Channel Server should have green light when Research Download is run. If not, change Com Port and Endian Setting in the Channel Server.
    6. Open Firmware (pac file) through single gear icon.
    7. Open the setting (two gears Icon). Make sure that baud rate in Research Download is also 115200
    8. Replace fdl1 and fdl2 with the files available with you.... (Try different sets you have downloaded.... Hit and trial.... I would suggest you to try first without replacing these files)
    9. In the Recovery row, replace the path of file to the CWM Recovery image file Downloaded by you. This is Custom Work Mode Recovery file. By changing this file, Research Download will flash CWM Recovery instead of Normal Stock Recovery. In case Custom Work Mode Recovery image is not flashed, mobile will still have normal Stock Recovery BUT without advanced features. But for Rooting you need Custom Work Mode Recovery. So try image suitable for your model. There is none specific for your model so you may try one by one after flash is over....
    10. Go to the Calibration Tab.... uncheck all boxes..... if you dont, it may trouble you. Flash may fail. I was stuck for days on this step. Then I tried this setting and worked for me. One more guy has also reported to have worked this step for him. Another will report soon because he is also stuck on that.
    11. Press Play Button.
    12. Dont plug your mobile yet. Switch it off. Thereafter, plug in mobile in Computer USB while holding Volume - button.
    13. Flash will start.
    14. After the flash is complete, Reboot the Phone.
    15. It’s should boot ...... Hopefully it would.
    Now you have phone with firmware flashed with CWM Recovery Image installed on it.

Now comes the part of installing Super User files. Download SuperUser Zip from official web site.

16. Place Zip file containing SuperUser files on the root of sd-card.
    17. Shut down Phone.
    18. Switch on phone while holding vol(-) and power button. (Your model may have different combination for entering into Recovery Mode) It will reboot phone in CWM mode. Apply zip file containing SuperUser files from sdcard.
    19. Reboot. It’s rooted.

I am not responsible, if you bricked your mobile in the process. I bricked my own handset once... But Research Download can revive even dead phones so mine was also brought back to life.... As long as you have firmware with you.... You make take risks.

Best of luck.... If you are stuck on any step.... Just tell me. I have tried to cover all steps... But some steps may require detailed instructions for newer people.