[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (tilapia) [STABLE & WEEKLIES]

Search This thread

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
SlimRoms Tilapia, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
dexter93, Tylog, SlimRoms
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-01-02
Last Updated 2015-01-01

Last edited:

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
Some hints:

1. Be sure you are on latest CWM or TWRP recovery!!!!!!

2. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working. If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course

3. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 or 4.4 rom (as well format system manually please)

Last edited:

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
Reporting Bugs

When you submit a bug you want to make sure that nothing from your side is causing it. Otherwise your developer might be hunting a bug which doesn't really exist.

The best way to achieve this is by doing the following.

1. Make a nandroid backup.

2. Perform a full wipe (factory reset + wipe /system)
Now we have two different ways depending on what kind of problem you're having.

3a. When you're having a problem with a ROM function, flash just the ROM without GAPPS etc. and boot back into the system. You will boot directly onto the homescreen.

3b. When you're having a problem with a 3rd party app in combination with our ROM then flash the ROM and GAPPS.
Boot now back into the system. You will boot to the setup wizard.
Log in to your Google account but make sure that you untick "Restore from my Google Account to this phone/tablet".
Finish the setup and open the playstore and download only the app you're having problems with.

4. Start a logcat recording and reproduce the bug (if possible more than once) while taking the logcat. If you don't know how to get a logcat read this tutorial or this.

5. Post the logcat in a txt file (this is important because you otherwise clog up the threads with your log) in the correct thread.
Please also write detailed description how we can reproduce the bug.

6. Restore your backup from point 1 and wait for a fix (don't ask for ETAs).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3andala and shevich

Gabrieltan

Jun 20, 2012
Hey guys,

as you know SlimTeam does not own anymore tilapia......so this build is currently completly untested. Means...do a nandroid before please and give feedback.

thanks and cheers and have fun

kufi

so sad to hear slimteam does not own anymore tilapia.. anyway, thanks for hard work..;)

doiutzu

Dec 22, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 11
Flashed. ?. It booted fine, no need to wipe like in 4.3. 3g is working, and i didn't have to manually insert apn data. But there are no slim options in settings ?.
Thanks
PS: the new Google launcher is in this gapps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

webnorka

Jul 20, 2010
Menorca
Well I'm happy with maguro version, son I'll try this one with my tilapia tablet. Thanks

Installed and restoring apps from store. No problems at this moment.

Is any way to get "tablet mode" for this rom?

Last edited:

outlawmodzz

Dec 18, 2012
great work

Stable and fast, I'm using faux kernel but I can't get that darn rotation fixed/ ultimate rotation will work for now.
Thanks for the tilapia love.

kamaliqwan

Jun 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
no

latest 2.6.3.2 will work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply & info.. :good:

i just flash via latest cwm..and it works great..! :highfive:
for now..i just noticed that keyboard is keep showing on homescreen & screen rotation is not working...

keep it up guys! and i have the new Nex7 deb and would like to have SlimKat runnin on it too!! :cool:
i can be the tester if u need one :p

bmbaker

May 30, 2010
berlin
Google Pixel Tablet
Just flashed your latest build GPS works sometimes and OK google works fine :) location doesn't activate in Google now it just keeps on saying turn on location services! Great job though :)

edit: did a factory reset and full wipe and all works fine :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

zard

Jul 19, 2005
During bootup, error "Unfortunately, messaging has stopped". Not a big deal though, but if anyone feels like getting rid of that, it is the mms.apk that needs to be deleted.

Other than that, everything else seems fine.

kamaliqwan

Jun 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
During bootup, error "Unfortunately, messaging has stopped". Not a big deal though, but if anyone feels like getting rid of that, it is the mms.apk that needs to be deleted.

Other than that, everything else seems fine.

yeah..same error here.and camera also no go..

but others is good..hope tiles customizations coming soon..its the most important features..! :)

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
for camera we just need to wait for the 4.4 binaries google will hopefully release soon. I think the effort to hack now around to get the old camera blobs working and then reverting in some days back to the new is not really usefull. So a bit wait on camera

Mms....lmao unbelievable that google still not solved it in the source....next build will have mms fixed ;) Man everything we need to do on our own :p

hehe

cheers

kufikugel

Aug 12, 2012
new version is up guys

with mms fix

Fixes new version:
- added dalvik optimizations....so speed up step one :p
- reworked and adapted status bar clock and date customization to 4.4
- added some of our camera features (smart captchure, jpg quality, color filter, gps indicator)
- reworked the complete camera to the new google style. Google stoped it after they finished the photo camera interface lol. So all into new PIE style + some fixes + more consistent now
- added a bunch of Mms/SMS fixes
- activated on supported devices lockscreen transparency on nav and statusbar
- some stability fixes
- fixed some google 4.4 code derps
- a lot small stuff

have fun and cheers

PS. the camera features for tilapia of course you cannot use right now :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms Tilapia, ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
    dexter93, Tylog, SlimRoms
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-01-02
    Last Updated 2015-01-01
    Some hints:

1. Be sure you are on latest CWM or TWRP recovery!!!!!!

2. Not all gapps packages right now are nice working. You can try others but at least I know that the one linked here is working. If you have other gapps which are working you can link it here of course

3. Full wipe when coming from any 4.3 or 4.4 rom (as well format system manually please)
    guys new build is up

advanced Auto brightness configuration
    start music player when head set is connected
    add back full blacklist support
    add back increasing ring feature
    add back call stats features
    add back multiline notification for missed call
    add back in call vibration
    add back browser history page
    add back advanced low battery indicator
    add back notification shortcut feature
    add back battery icon customization the new way
    several fixes for sprint network apns
    a lot small fixes again

have fun test and report back please
    new version is up guys

with mms fix

Fixes new version:
    - added dalvik optimizations....so speed up step one :p
    - reworked and adapted status bar clock and date customization to 4.4
    - added some of our camera features (smart captchure, jpg quality, color filter, gps indicator)
    - reworked the complete camera to the new google style. Google stoped it after they finished the photo camera interface lol. So all into new PIE style + some fixes + more consistent now
    - added a bunch of Mms/SMS fixes
    - activated on supported devices lockscreen transparency on nav and statusbar
    - some stability fixes
    - fixed some google 4.4 code derps
    - a lot small stuff

have fun and cheers

PS. the camera features for tilapia of course you cannot use right now :p
    hey guys,

new build is up.

Due that now longer we had no update their are really to much changes to write them all down lol. A lot features went back were partly redefined like navbar and navring....etc etc

Just discover it :)

Official binaries are included now.....please do a backup and then a CLEAN FLASH!! IT IS ABSOLUTLY NEEDED!!!!!. Otherwise you will get problems :)

thanks and have fun and report back