Root Sony Xperia L (C2104 / C2105) Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Build [15.3.A.0.26]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Selvyn

Jul 9, 2013
I installed and rooted with vroot but from some another source (because it showed estimated download time over 2h) the superuser app was all in chinese, after second attempt with your second attached file everything is fine. Thanks

Last edited:

s3nr1

Oct 29, 2011
Any downside in keeping the Kinguser (now called "Superuser") app for SU? I mean the rooting method came with it, chances are there are some tweaks, etc. specific for Kinguser? Or am I thinking too much. :p

Well afer restoring from TB all the toasts are chinese but I it's fast at least.

Last edited:

Rohit@91

Jun 12, 2013
Kolkata
Waledac said:
Note :- If you want to change the Kinguser (Chinese Superuser app) to SuperSU , just download SuperSU from Playstore , open it , it will ask for Root Permissions , grant it , then follow the screen instructions to update the binary. Now open SuperSU , go to Settings and click on "Install SuperSU into /system" . Your phone will reboot and Kinguser will automatically get uninstalled :)

OR

Download this file - LINK
Extract it somewhere and run 'runme_win.bat' .

Screenshot_2013-10-30-01-01-22.png

Credits :
Chinese for the VRoot
@DooMLoRD
Attachment link is broken.

leos0

Jun 24, 2012
Cracow
Could somebody upload runme_win.bat? I've downloaded supersu from google play, and everytime i run it, its updating binaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method works on both locked and unlocked bootloader devices!!!

Screenshot_2013-10-30-01-09-20.png

1. Make sure you are running Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Build 15.3.A.0.26. Go to Settings > About to verify this.

Screenshot_2013-10-30-01-12-02.png

2. Enable USB Debugging , Go to Settings > About phone and tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options, now Go to Settings > Developer options to enable Enable USB debugging mode.

3. Enable Unknown Sources. Go to Settings > Security and check Unknown sources.

4. Download vRoot from here - http://www.mgyun.com/vroot
    Yeah it is in Chinese, so bear with it :p , download it and install this software just click next next like u install any other software :p

Screenshot_0.png

Screenshot_1.png

5. Open the vRoot and Connect your phone Xperia L to your PC , you will see a green Root icon in vRoot, click on that to start the rooting process. See the below screenshot.

Screenshot_2.png

6. When it is finished your phone will restart automatically and vRoot will show something like the below screenshot.

Screenshot_4.png

7. Congratulations your phone is now rooted :p. To verify see the Kinguser app , see the note below to replace it with SuperSU.

Screenshot_2013-10-30-01-00-59.png

Note :- If you want to change the Kinguser (Chinese Superuser app) to SuperSU , just download SuperSU from Playstore , open it , it will ask for Root Permissions , grant it , then follow the screen instructions to update the binary. Now open SuperSU , go to Settings and click on "Install SuperSU into /system" . Your phone will reboot and Kinguser will automatically get uninstalled :)

OR

Download this file - LINK
    Extract it somewhere and run 'runme_win.bat' .

Screenshot_2013-10-30-01-01-22.png

Credits :
    Chinese for the VRoot
    @DooMLoRD
    If any one has problem removing kinguser via SuperSU (In my case, SuperSU always failed to get root access from kinguser), Download Root VROOT.zip (2nd attachement) from here, extract it somewhere and run "runme_win.bat"
    Kinguser is replaced by SuperSU now
    phone not detected

My phone is not being detected by the software ie,the -ROOT button is not coming up!!!!
    WHAT SHOULD I DO????????
    My phone is not being detected by the software ie,the -ROOT button is not coming up!!!!
    WHAT SHOULD I DO????????

I hope you have enabled usb debugging, then most probably a driver issue

see this
    thanks! working like a charm.