FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[VOLVO SCT] Volvo Sensus Connected Touch (car - navi - audio)

353 posts
Thanks Meter: 85

By RichieB, Senior Member on 18th September 2013, 07:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th November 2013, 03:49 PM |#331  
Thanks Meter: 461

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

Here are all the free APKs from the Asteroid Market available to me for the Smart ...and the rest of them are too large to share as an attachment.

Okay, it suddenly occurred to me that 7-zip can split files to help in situations where there is a upload size limitation. I've split the rest of the oversized APKs into equal parts and included them with this post. I had to append the extra ".zip" extension in order to upload them, so you'll need to remove the extension after downloading them in order for 7-zip to detect them as split parts and combine them.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donaldta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donaldta Ad-Free

8th November 2013, 03:54 PM |#332  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xadax

iGO is badly integrated, the only key that has any function on the steering wheel is the exit button. Scrolling/prev/next, none of them work.

I still can't believe Volvo is (still) selling this solution giving the impression that it is for safety that they've crippled the unit, but the main reason is to keep control over iGO and asking a ridiculous price, just to keep it on par with RTI (Volvos own navigation system).
I'm glad those days are over.

I had the RTI and I loved the method of entering destination with steering wheel buttons. Now I would like to tweak the Parrot to do the same but I am not competent enaugh to do this with android...
8th November 2013, 04:08 PM |#333  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaanusj

I had the RTI and I loved the method of entering destination with steering wheel buttons. Now I would like to tweak the Parrot to do the same but I am not competent enaugh to do this with android...

I don't think this is easy to do, since iGO is closed (source). The steering control signals are already available within the SCT, many other apps use them. If it was easy to control most Android apps by default, it would have been done already by Parrot. I don't know if it is possible to have better results with TomTom using the steering controls.
8th November 2013, 04:18 PM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks you all, at this moment I have root the device, installed Google market and flitsmeister by the cp methode.

I need only some help to add the flitsmeister app in the "whitelist.xml".
Can someone give me advice how I can realize this.
Thanks in advance.
8th November 2013, 04:22 PM |#335  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

I got to ask how exactly did you "install the apk" because some of the instructions in this thread tell you to push apps into the /system/app directory. As opposed to using "adb install {filename.apk}" or using a 3rd party file explorer app to facilitate the installation. The reason I ask is because pushing packages directly into the app directories may or may not create the appropriate directories necessary for the package's Native Developer Kit (NDK) libraries which are usually put into the /data/data/{package.name}/lib

Donaldta, 'adb install' and install from ES File Explorer both work fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to twcoolen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift twcoolen Ad-Free
8th November 2013, 04:23 PM |#336  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xadax

I don't think this is easy to do, since iGO is closed (source). The steering control signals are already available within the SCT, many other apps use them. If it was easy to control most Android apps by default, it would have been done already by Parrot. I don't know if it is possible to have better results with TomTom using the steering controls.

I think jaanusj is (still) searching for a Android Softkey Keyboard replacement which allows him to use the directional keys to select the from a palette of characters and the d-pad center to enter text into an input field. That way he can duplicate the Volvo Road and Traffic Information (RTI) input on his Asteroid Tablet. The problem with this is that most Android devices are touch screens so the ergonomic implementation is to use the arrow keys to control the the text cursor while doing text input. So far, I've only seen this implement in a small number of Android TV devices but not as a third party keyboard app.
8th November 2013, 04:26 PM |#337  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by perlu

Rooting worked like a charm!

Is there any way to install Waze on the rooted device? It doesn't show up in Google Play on the SCT, so I tried downloading it to a nx7 and copy+install the apk, but it crashed with "UnsatisfiedLinkError":

Code:
E/WAZE    ( 2495): Error: Could not load library  - exiting! Couldn't load waze: findLibrary returned null
W/System.err( 2495): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load waze: findLibrary returned null
W/System.err( 2495): 	at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:429)
Not sure which lib it is missing though...
Anyone tried the Asteroid version? Where can I get the apk to try?

I have installed Waze 3.7.6.0 without any issues. No linking errors. Waze is not present on Google Play for SCT. Try to download Waze apk from 4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=146707 (use Google Translate) and install it via adb install.

Then add to whitelist.xml to allow Waze to be shown while driving.
<!-- Common section for applications -->
<user>
<package name="com.waze"/>
8th November 2013, 04:29 PM |#338  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesbroeder

Thanks you all, at this moment I have root the device, installed Google market and flitsmeister by the cp methode. I need only some help to add the flitsmeister app in the "whitelist.xml".

I have added most apps that have passed through this forum, including the SCT native ones.
I haven't tested it yet (make a backup of the original first) unzip, push, replace the original (original has user/rights root:root 644) and reboot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip whitelist.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.5 KB, 102 views)
8th November 2013, 04:29 PM |#339  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesbroeder

Thanks you all, at this moment I have root the device, installed Google market and flitsmeister by the cp methode.

I need only some help to add the flitsmeister app in the "whitelist.xml".
Can someone give me advice how I can realize this.
Thanks in advance.

Use 'adb pull /system/etc/whitelist.xml' to download the file to your computer. There edit it with a editor (eg. ultraedit or notepad++). The format of the file is quite self explanatory. Just duplicate a line and add the package name (not apk name!) to that new line. After that use 'adb push whitelist.xml /mnt/sdcard' to get the file on the sdcard. Then use 'cp /mnt/sdcard/whitelist.xml /system/etc' to get the file to the proper location again.

Or you can install a file explorer like ES File Explorer and change it on the SCT itself. Haven't tried that myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to twcoolen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift twcoolen Ad-Free
8th November 2013, 05:07 PM |#340  

More
Quote:

I think jaanusj is (still) searching for a Android Softkey Keyboard replacement which allows him to use the directional keys to select the from a palette of characters and the d-pad center to enter text into an input field. That way he can duplicate the Volvo Road and Traffic Information (RTI) input on his Asteroid Tablet. The problem with this is that most Android devices are touch screens so the ergonomic implementation is to use the arrow keys to control the the text cursor while doing text input. So far, I've only seen this implement in a small number of Android TV devices but not as a third party keyboard app.

iGO uses its own keyboard anyway, so a separate keyboard app is not an option, this solution has to come from iGO itself.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by twcoolen

Use 'adb pull /system/etc/whitelist.xml' to download the file to your computer. There edit it with a editor

Perhaps a small shell or cmd script which includes all installed apps in the whitelist.xml is useful.
A listing of all apps is given by:
Code:
pm list packages
8th November 2013, 05:14 PM |#341  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twcoolen

Use 'adb pull /system/etc/whitelist.xml' to download the file to your computer. There edit it with a editor (eg. ultraedit or notepad++). The format of the file is quite self explanatory. Just duplicate a line and add the package name (not apk name!) to that new line. After that use 'adb push whitelist.xml /mnt/sdcard' to get the file on the sdcard. Then use 'cp /mnt/sdcard/whitelist.xml /system/etc' to get the file to the proper location again.

Or you can install a file explorer like ES File Explorer and change it on the SCT itself. Haven't tried that myself.

Editing via ES File Explorer would be my preferred method, but I think that involves making a copy of the file into /mnt/sdcard then editing it and copying it back over. Especially, since Window apps tend to corrupt Linux text files by appending a ^M (0x0D) aka carriage return at the end of each line. Some parsers do not handle this superfluous addition very well.

In case you're wondering of how you can find the "package name" of an APK, there are a couple of ways. The easiest is to use Google Play to find the details of the app because the package name will be a part of the url. For example, Waze's detail URL is:

Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waze
Which means the package name is "com.waze" and you can verify this using DumpSYS with the following command

Code:
adb shell dumpsys package com.waze
However, if you have installed the package from an alternate repository then you'll have to query the list of installed packages using Package Manager:

Code:
adb pm list packages
But then you'll have to figure out by the package name which one belongs to the application and that's not always obvious.

Something that I'd like for someone to test if you can use a wildcard in the /system/etc/whilelist.xml file for the SCT for example:

Code:
<!-- Common section for applications -->
<user>
  <package name="*"/>
  <package name="com.android.certinstaller"/>
  <package name="com.android.defcontainer"/>
If that works then you won't have to fuss with the file every time you install a new APK. Otherwise there's an app for the Parrot Asteroid Smart & Tablet which might work for the SCT that is called, "Asteroid Tweaker". One of the options is to toggle the safety controller. I'm not sure if it'll work for the SCT but it is worth a try.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car audio, sct, sensus connected touch, volvo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)