Chainfire 3d pro driver won't install on nook color

Search This thread

zeddymac

Jan 4, 2012
I have cm7.1.0 running on SD card but it will not install the driver is there away to install manually it will not install on cwm either any help will do thanks u

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

gallahad2000

Jul 9, 2009
I have cm7.1.0 running on SD card but it will not install the driver is there away to install manually it will not install on cwm either any help will do thanks u

Need more info... Did you get the .zip files?
Did you put them on your SD card?
Did you unzip them first?

zeddymac

Jan 4, 2012
I have the 3 files in zip and unzipped on the root of my SD but I haven't even got to that part yet I can't get the cf3d driver to install it says can't write to /system

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
It's been a while since I used an sd install, but I remember having to remount the sd as writable for some stuff. There are some apps to do this, including Remount RW (i think it's called) and File Explorer/Root Explorer.

zeddymac

Jan 4, 2012
Have u seen any tutorial on it or is it pretty easy to do I have file explorer and can get root explorer/ or remount

gallahad2000

Jul 9, 2009
I have the 3 files in zip and unzipped on the root of my SD but I haven't even got to that part yet I can't get the cf3d driver to install it says can't write to /system

You should have 3 zip files, if you unzipped those, it won't work.

Are you running Android off the SD card?
In that case, transfer the files over usb. If you are running android off the uSD, android labels one partition of your uSD as "sd card" and CF3D may only be looking in that partition. Transferring the files over usb will put them in the appropriate partition.

zeddymac

Jan 4, 2012
OK I got root explore and was able to install the cf3d driver so I will erase the three already unzipped and use the zipped ones thanks for ur help

Last edited:

temper89

Apr 17, 2008
I have the same problem with my Incredible S. I cannot install drivers (NOT plugins). After the installation Chainfire asks to install drivers. I tried both CWM 3+ and simple options - but it doesn't work. The smartphone's stuck and after manual reboot Chainfire asks to install drivers again.
Could you please explain how you managed to install drivers with root explorer?

zeddymac

Jan 4, 2012
Open root explorer then click on /system then mount r/w after that try to install the driver again

racks11479

Jan 2, 2011
Fresh Meadows
For some that are having issues with write permissions for chainfire. Try updating Busybox and see if that helps. It worked for me when I was having the same issues from

-Racks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

y0sekk

Nov 9, 2013
I Cant Install To ChainFire A Games

Sir ..

Can You Help Me To My Problem

Its Because To ChainFire 3d v3.3

I Cant Install A Games In Chainfire Because They Need The Missing File

To Run The ChainFire ..

Please Help My Problem Thanks ..:p