X Dev Edition now $549.. Recently pay $649??

Search This thread

alex94kumar

Feb 23, 2011
West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Can confirm I just got a pair of the JAX in-ear headphones

Jonn Denver: Hi, my name is Jonn Denver. How may I help you?
Jonn Denver: Hi Alex.
Alex Kumar: Hey there John, I purchased a Moto X Developer Edition a little over a month ago, and now it seems the price dropped. I'm just curious as to see if I'm eligible for any credit, or anything similar
Alex Kumar: I can provide an order number if need be
Jonn Denver: We're sorry for the inconvenience but let me check this for you.
Alex Kumar: Alright
Jonn Denver: Kindly provide the order number then Alex.
Alex Kumar: ______________ (hidden for anonymity)
Jonn Denver: Thank you. Please give me a minute to check on this.
Alex Kumar: Okay
Jonn Denver: Thank you for waiting. Please be reminded that the prices on our online store are subject to change at any time.
Jonn Denver: Having checked your order, I was able to verify that the order was placed September 28, 2013. We are only able to provide adjustments on orders made 14 days prior to the price drop.
Alex Kumar: Oh, alright
Jonn Denver: We apologize for the inconvenience Alex. But as our way of saying thank you for choosing Motorola, we may go ahead and send you a Motorola headset.
Alex Kumar: And for reasons like this, I will keep coming back to Motorola for my purchases; outstanding customer support
Alex Kumar: that would be phenomenal
Jonn Denver: That's great. Let me go ahead and process this for you then. The one we will be sending you is the Sol Republic In-Ear Headphones. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for you to receive it.
Alex Kumar: Perfect. Do I have any choice on color of the in-ear headphones? It doesn't matter to me in the end, but I'm just curious.
Jonn Denver: Yes you do. Please check the following link and choose which color you like: http://www.motorola.com/us/accessor...Ear-Headphones/sol-jax-in-ear-headphones.html
Alex Kumar: I think I'll go with Spearmint
Jonn Denver: Great. Let me reserve one for you then.
Alex Kumar: And also John, I want to thank you for being so helpful
Alex Kumar: and providing such excellent customer support
Jonn Denver: You're welcome Alex. Just kindly also provide your complete shipping address so we can place the order for you.
Alex Kumar: _________________ (removed for anonymity)
Jonn Denver: Thank you. We will send you an email confirmation on the order Alex along with the order number just in case you need to follow up on this.
Jonn Denver: For the meantime, is there anything else I can help you with?
Alex Kumar: I think that's about it
Alex Kumar: Thank you again, John, for everything
Jonn Denver: You're welcome Alex.
Jonn Denver: I hope you found our chat to be helpful. I would request that take a moment to fill out a short survey to tell us how we did after you click 'Disconnect', please remember to click on the 'Close' button within the chat window. The survey should only take about 1 minute to complete. Your responses will help us get better at serving your needs.
Alex Kumar: Just another example of Motorola going above and beyond to help its users :D
Alex Kumar: Have a great afternoon/evening, John
Jonn Denver: You do the same.
You have disconnected.

FSXv13

Mar 15, 2012
That''s unfortunate. Maybe you can try calling again? I spoke to a few people and they all offered gift cards (I returned the phone and reordered). If you're returning it, ask them to send you a shipping label.

Glad I followed your advice to get that shipping label.

I came away with the 100 dollar gift card and the 10% coupon. Let me know if you want the coupon, it's not much but it's a way to say thanks for telling me to call back.

Reactions: chaoslimits

chaoslimits

Mar 19, 2010
Glad I followed your advice to get that shipping label.

I came away with the 100 dollar gift card and the 10% coupon. Let me know if you want the coupon, it's not much but it's a way to say thanks for telling me to call back.
Lol. Sure. I guess I could use it on the dock :laugh:

chaoslimits

Mar 19, 2010
My Dev Ed got arrived earlier today. Officially a Moto X user :D
How do I opt in for soak tests?

daniel2744

May 8, 2010
CA, USA
Hello guys,

So seeing as the Moto X got a price drop, I finally went ahead and got myself one. how long did it take for your Moto X's to be shipped out. I'm hopeful I can get it by friday but I don't think I will :( even tho I got free two day shipping.

chaoslimits

Mar 19, 2010
Hello guys,

So seeing as the Moto X got a price drop, I finally went ahead and got myself one. how long did it take for your Moto X's to be shipped out. I'm hopeful I can get it by friday but I don't think I will :( even tho I got free two day shipping.
Two business days from when it's shipped. I've ordered two. The first was shipped the same day and the second was shipped the next business day.

daniel2744

May 8, 2010
CA, USA
Two business days from when it's shipped. I've ordered two. The first was shipped the same day and the second was shipped the next business day.

alright. i ordered it yesterday at 10:38am so maybe it can be shipped out within the next few hours otherwise hopefully it goes out tomorrow. can't wait to try this phone. have a converted GPe One right now. I want to compare battery life. my one gets good battery life in my opinion so my Moto X should get even better theoretically we shall see.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought my VZW Dev edition on 10/29 for $649 (700 after shipping an all that). Just got off a chat where I asked if I could get a credit. They offered a $100 coupon to be spent in their online store. It's better than nothing so while I can't tell you how far back they'll go, it's worth a try.

Edit: sorry, Moto X Dev edition

Sent from my LG-VS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Same situation. I don't want the accessory coupon so I'll re-order at the new price and return the first device when the second one arrives. Just need to call to verify that there's no restocking fee.
    Was that Moto that offered the Visa gift card? or T-Mobile?

Motorola.
    i called again and the same guy was at the other end of the line, guess i'm fked

I got on the chat support online. Try that. Motorola.com.. I'll post our transcript

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I got on the chat support online. Try that. Motorola.com.. I'll post our transcript

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well i got a $50 coupon, better than nothing.
    appreciate the tip mate.
    I just got off the phone, and David and his supervisor Diana Sotelo told me there was nothing they could do for me even though I just got the phone two weeks ago.

I am now returning the phone and doing motomaker.

Really unfortunate. They told me they don't give out gift cards, I told them that's untrue. We've all heard of the internet by now. I'm waiting for the survey to come now...
    That''s unfortunate. Maybe you can try calling again? I spoke to a few people and they all offered gift cards (I returned the phone and reordered). If you're returning it, ask them to send you a shipping label.