1,731 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,492

By noname81, Senior Member on 2nd November 2011, 08:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th November 2013, 11:45 PM |#7301  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 4,352

More
Hey dudes, I've been using lmt for the awesomely configurable pie for a while now on my A700 tablet. I just got my Pollux Windy set up and it works perfect on that too but when installing it on a secondary account on either tablet, the back button won't work. After a quick scan of the thread, I see others have issues with the back key but for me it's just with a secondary account. My son saw my lmt pie and wanted it so I set it up, then soon after got the other tablet, set that up and noticed this error, so checked and it happens on both tablets, both running CM10.2. I may just use CM Pie on the secondary account but wondered if anyone had an idea why this happens?

12th November 2013, 11:47 PM |#7302  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSO of Stormwind

started log, opened lmt, started service, rotated device clockwise and back to portrait then stopped. i hope i did it right.
The problem is simple: when in portrait mode the engine detects the gestures as the screen is landscape. IE I double swipe up in portrait and i get double swipe left shortcut. And so on.

Hi, I had a look into your trace and it confuses me! You said, that you made the trace with v2.0 RC4, right? I see traces from LMT's native lib which don't match the RC4 version:

D/LMT::TouchServiceNative(5735): New orientation: 0

In v2.0 RCs I added some values to the trace line and it should look like:

D/LMT::TouchServiceNative( 7808): Orientation: 0, 1080, 1920

Does your ROM come with LMT builtin? Did you set LMT as system app? Even if you are using RC4 it seems like your libTouchServiceNative.so is an old one!?. Can you check if you have a libTouchServiceNative.so in /system/lib. If yes, just delete/rename it...
13th November 2013, 12:00 AM |#7303  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyjenkins

Hey dudes, I've been using lmt for the awesomely configurable pie for a while now on my A700 tablet. I just got my Pollux Windy set up and it works perfect on that too but when installing it on a secondary account on either tablet, the back button won't work. After a quick scan of the thread, I see others have issues with the back key but for me it's just with a secondary account. My son saw my lmt pie and wanted it so I set it up, then soon after got the other tablet, set that up and noticed this error, so checked and it happens on both tablets, both running CM10.2. I may just use CM Pie on the secondary account but wondered if anyone had an idea why this happens?

LMT's back and menu buttons need root permissions. I don't know the current status of root for the second user!? Which root app are you using? SuperSU added root support for multi user a while ago but in case of CM you are using superuser atm, right? Hth!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
13th November 2013, 12:10 AM |#7304  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 4,352

More
Aha! That must be it, I use SuperSU (built in su causes bootloop with my font installer app) but on secondary accounts, su doesn't work by default. I'm hesitant to use SuperSU to allow root on my son's account so he'll just have to use CM Pie! Thanks for your answer :thumbup:

Tapatalked that shiznit.
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobyjenkins For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scoobyjenkins Ad-Free
13th November 2013, 01:12 AM |#7305  
OP Senior Member

More
Next RC v5. Step by step we're coming closer to v2.0!

- Introduced chained key command feature (e.g. "582 20 20 20 66" to open Chrome bookmarks)
- Fixed Pie status info notification clock format
- Changed pie status info mem usage from kernel info to VM stats
- Added Android 4.4 support
- Fixed pie popup in the middle problem
- Fixed crashes for non root users
- Added shortcuts as action support
- Reduced memory footprint and improved performance
- Decoupled pie status info from animation time
- Added shift effect for pie (test e.g. 3-5 pixel)
- Added app drawer shortcuts for Nova, Apex and Holo Launcher
- Added pie pointer feature to be able to reach whole content via pie
- Fixed gestures and ISAS for all screen orientations

Fyi: There are a lot of useful settings possible via settings command line tool, e.g.

settings put system screen_brightness_mode 1
settings put system screen_brightness 255

Since LMT can handle scripts I don't know what settings I should still add as explicit actions. What is your opinion?

Edit: Deleted due to new RC...
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to noname81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noname81 Ad-Free
13th November 2013, 01:13 AM |#7306  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
I've got two questions, I've asked one a few times, Itd be great to get some feedback.

1. The memory info above the pie on mine is wrong, says only 50mb available when it's closer to 600mb. And lmt keeps restarting, so I get the notification constantly. I'm wondering if it's cuz it thinks I'm out of memory so it's shutting it down?

2. Can somebody give me an example of what exactly to write in as a key? KEYSTROKE_POWER doesnt turn the screen off. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong. Can't tell if I'm supposed to be entering something else.... Thanks

Tapatold from my Galaxy S4 running Wicked v7
13th November 2013, 01:25 AM |#7307  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCity86

I've got two questions, I've asked one a few times, Itd be great to get some feedback.

1. The memory info above the pie on mine is wrong, says only 50mb available when it's closer to 600mb. And lmt keeps restarting, so I get the notification constantly. I'm wondering if it's cuz it thinks I'm out of memory so it's shutting it down?

2. Can somebody give me an example of what exactly to write in as a key? KEYSTROKE_POWER doesnt turn the screen off. I'm just wondering what I'm doing wrong. Can't tell if I'm supposed to be entering something else.... Thanks

1) I changed the meminfo in RC5. Did you already test it? Before I queried /proc/meminfo (since Android is managing most of the memory by itself, this info was not useful) and now I show the VM stats. LMT is not restarting because of this low mem in meminfo but because it's either crashing or because it's being purged by the system. A logcat from a restart would help to analyze it.

2) It should be a number so for KEYCODE_POWER put a 26.
13th November 2013, 01:28 AM |#7308  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Yeah I want sure if the updates you were doing were strictly for kit kat or not. But I saw in your post it had kit kat support, so I downloaded it and everything is fine. Thanks.

13th November 2013, 04:03 AM |#7309  
Thanks Meter: 164

More
I'm guessing that there's really no way to have the status bar darken with the the rest of the screen when it is transparent in 4.4?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th November 2013, 05:56 AM |#7310  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Really wish in new version will have some way to allow normal usage in edges. It's annoying I can't press buttons on edges. The pie requires a little swipe to trigger, so why should it interfere with normal button taps?
13th November 2013, 11:25 AM |#7311  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1,051

More
RC5 seems to be working fine in n4 kk gnome ak kernel 126.

Thanks!

Nexus 4 / Cataclysm / Franco / V4A
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nachordez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nachordez Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, gesture, launcher, lmt, pie

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)