FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Any full size weighted stylus that is confirmed to work?

249 posts
Thanks Meter: 54

By jkcarp94, Senior Member on 15th October 2013, 01:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th November 2013, 10:45 PM |#61  
UK
Thanks Meter: 358

More
I can confirm that the Wacom Bamboo Feel for Galaxy Note is superb. Has great accuracy and is more comfortable than the Samsung black S Pen in the image above.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th November 2013, 02:06 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jah

I can confirm that the Wacom Bamboo Feel for Galaxy Note is superb. Has great accuracy and is more comfortable than the Samsung black S Pen in the image above.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Do you have a link for the one you bought so I can make sure I get the right one please?

Thanks a lot mate
14th November 2013, 08:17 AM |#63  
UK

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack880

Do you have a link for the one you bought so I can make sure I get the right one please?

Thanks a lot mate

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00C...AC_SX110_SY165

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th November 2013, 08:30 AM |#64  
Flag ~ Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I got with both the Wacom Bamboo Feel V2 (CS-3002) and Samsung's large S Pen (ET-S200EBEG) an offset of 0.5 - 1 mm.
14th November 2013, 01:59 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizune

I got with both the Wacom Bamboo Feel V2 (CS-3002) and Samsung's large S Pen (ET-S200EBEG) an offset of 0.5 - 1 mm.

Which one do you prefer?
14th November 2013, 04:55 PM |#66  
Flag ~ Stuttgart

More
Neither. I returned them because the offset was very annoying when I was drawing.

But if I had to choose one of them, I would go for the Samsung S Pen. The offset of the Bamboo pen is slightly smaller, but for a price of 40€ (in Germany) you should get a flawless product, which isn't the case here.
14th November 2013, 06:23 PM |#67  
UK

More
Quote:

Neither. I returned them because the offset was very annoying when I was drawing.

But if I had to choose one of them, I would go for the Samsung S Pen. The offset of the Bamboo pen is slightly smaller, but for a price of 40€ (in Germany) you should get a flawless product, which isn't the case here.

I've tested both on my Note 3 and prefer the Wacom Bamboo for Note.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th November 2013, 07:37 PM |#68  
UK

More
Quote:

Finally managed to test the Bamboo for Note on the new 10.1 and yes there is a slight offset unlike with the Note 3. But if you switch off the S Pen pointer the effect of offset seems less.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th November 2013, 09:46 PM |#69  
Flag ~ Stuttgart

More
If you can get used to the offset and are still willing to pay 40€ (or whatever the price in your country is), then, I agree, the Bamboo V2 is the better choice.

However, I planned to use the Note not only for taking notes at the university, but also for drawing. And here's the problem I already mentioned: I previously drew only traditionally, so it's very irritating to me that strokes don't appear right under the pen's tip, but rather 1 mm below. That problem has nothing to do with the pointer overlay, but the way I'm used to draw. I need a perfectly accurate pen, and right now this is only the case with the stock S Pen. Too bad it's so small...

Anyway, that's why I didn't recommend the Bamboo V2 - it is quite useless for drawing and thus not worth the 40€ IMO.

I hope you understand my point.
17th November 2013, 05:54 AM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Wacom was having a new product launch (cintiq companion) few days ago. I saw there is a bamboo stylus feel on display. So, I tried it out with my note. See the attached picture as the outcome.

I didn't know if the stylus is a v1 or v2. But there are 2 versions, 1 is normal version, another is the heavier premium

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-b...44-Ut/2013+-+1

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Premium HD app
17th November 2013, 06:06 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsuru

Wacom was having a new product launch (cintiq companion) few days ago. I saw there is a bamboo stylus feel on display. So, I tried it out with my note. See the attached picture as the outcome.

I didn't know if the stylus is a v1 or v2. But there are 2 versions, 1 is normal version, another is the heavier premium version.

-----
Hmm... cant seem to attach photo using crab app. Will attach layer using laptop.

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Premium HD app

The heavier one is probably the carbon version which is the same as the v1 with better materials.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)