[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S

3,928 posts
Thanks Meter: 21,402

By pawitp, Recognized Developer on 14th November 2013, 10:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2013, 01:36 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 685

More
I did a full wipe (wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format /system), flashed CM11 twice, flashed gapps-kk-2013113.zip and rebooted. I don't have Play Store in app drawer, and I can't add a Google Account using my WIFI connection (browsing websites works) (There was a problem communicating with Google servers. Try again later.) I've rebooted, still no go. Did a full wipe again and flashed the rom and gapps, still no Play Store and I still can't login to Google. Anyone else having this issue? How can I fix it?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to idCyber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idCyber Ad-Free

14th November 2013, 01:38 PM |#42  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bangkok

More
About RAM mode

Due to an oversight, this build wasn't shipped with low RAM mode enabled. If anyone wants to try, you can add "ro.config.low_ram=true" to your /system/build.prop.

This will disable several features such as translucent status bar, lock screen widgets.

Future builds will ship with this option enabled. (This is actually mandated by the Android CTS. Those that prefer the effects over low memory usage must manually remove the config from build.prop. Before anyone asks, it won't be configurable from Settings.)
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2013, 01:47 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Awesome @pawitp
So i am not asking eta, i only want know if you will release a version for i9000b (like in cm9 and all cm10)? Your job in this device is amazing
14th November 2013, 01:48 PM |#44  
Flag Braunau am Inn
Thanks Meter: 426

More
Sweet jesus , thanks for the rom pawitp , i think when you would not be here , i9000 development would not be this what it is now. Thanks so much and much luck for further development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp

About RAM mode

Due to an oversight, this build wasn't shipped with low RAM mode enabled. If anyone wants to try, you can add "ro.config.low_ram=true" to your /system/build.prop.

This will disable several features such as translucent status bar, lock screen widgets.

Future builds will ship with this option enabled. (This is actually mandated by the Android CTS. Those that prefer the effects over low memory usage must manually remove the config from build.prop. Before anyone asks, it won't be configurable from Settings.)

14th November 2013, 01:51 PM |#45  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Bangkok

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_S

Awesome @pawitp
So i am not asking eta, i only want know if you will release a version for i9000b (like in cm9 and all cm10)? Your job in this device is amazing

As per usual, builds for Samsung Captivate and I9000B will be released when it is picked up for nightlies.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2013, 02:01 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Smile
Thanks Pawitp this is amazeballs! Just installed on my SGS, so far so good.
14th November 2013, 02:09 PM |#47  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank you Pawitp! Great job!
14th November 2013, 02:11 PM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 685

More
You guys can add a Google Account successfully and you have Play Store app ? What gapps did you guys flash ? I've tried gapps-kk-20131113.zip , gapps-kk-20131111-artcompatible.zip , gapps-kk-20131110-artcompatible.zip and still no go.
14th November 2013, 02:12 PM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawitp

As per usual, builds for Samsung Captivate and I9000B will be released when it is picked up for nightlies.

So when the cyanogenmod release CM11.0 official will also have for i9000b here? Amazing, millions of thanks to you
14th November 2013, 02:20 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idCyber

You guys can add a Google Account successfully and you have Play Store app ? What gapps did you guys flash ? I've tried gapps-kk-20131113.zip , gapps-kk-20131111-artcompatible.zip , gapps-kk-20131110-artcompatible.zip and still no go.

I didn't "add" a Google account, all my account settings were still in place after upgrading from CM 10.2. Only thing I had to configure again was homescreen widgets which were lost.

Yes the Play Store is present and appears to be working.

I flashed gapps-kk-20131113.zip
14th November 2013, 02:23 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 1,305

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowanDDR

I didn't "add" a Google account, all my account settings were still in place after upgrading from CM 10.2. Only thing I had to configure again was homescreen widgets which were lost.

Yes the Play Store is present and appears to be working.

I flashed gapps-kk-20131113.zip

Exactly the same for me.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)