[ROOT][GUIDE]SGS4[I9506-E330s][DOWNLOAD][4.4.2 SUPPORT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Please read the guides below before asking questions

========================================================================================================================

This CWM and Root Method is tested from many users and at least by me on this devices GT-I9506 and SHV-E330S!!

========================================================================================================================

USE THIS GUIDE WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DO AND YOU DONT CARE ABOUT KNOX WARRANTY 0x1b !!!

IF YOU DONT WANT TO VOID YOUR KNOX WARRANTY STOP READING THE TEXT BELOW AND GO OUT OF THIS THREAD..... Thanks !!!

----- SHORT DECLARATION - ODIN3 -----

PDA refers to the build version of the firmware

Phone refers to the baseband/modem version

CSC is the consumer software customisation and is specific to geographical region and carriers. It contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS etc for your service provider.

CSC has nothing to do with what languages the firmware supports and it will not add keyboard language support either.

.PIT refers to the partition information table you only need it if you screw up your partition table or if the firmware specifically requires it because of a change in the partition table layout. It's very likely you may never have to use this.

If the package only contains one .tar archive then it will have everything, pda+phone+csc, in the one file.

If it has multiple .tar archive then:
• The .tar with modem in the name is the phone/baseband bit of the package
• .tar with csc/multi-csc in the name is the csc bit of the package
• .tar with code/PDA in the name is the PDA part of the firmware package

If this is the case you will need to put these .tar archives in the specific areas of Odin to flash the update

Get -->Odin3<-- Just extract Odin folder and keep the odin3.ini file in it.

I use v1.85 in this guide you can use also the latest version... it doesnt matter.

----- FLASHING WITH ODIN3 v1.85 -----

1. Just download the CWM version you want from the 2nd post. It must be a .tar or .tar.md5 file!!

2. Reboot your phone to download mode.

To get download mode shut down the device. After it shuts off completely simultaneously press the Down volume key + press the power button .

You should see a warning asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, press volume up. You are now in download mode!

3. Start Odin

4. Click on the PDA button and browse to the .tar or .tar.md5 file that you downloaded in step 1

5. PLEASE DO NOT PUT .PIT FILE AND DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TICK REPARTITION!!!

6. Connect the USB cable and wait for the ID:COM section to turn yellow

Should look like this screenshot:

ja4j.png

7. Click start to flash

8. Do not disconnect the cable or turn off the device, it will reboot when it finishes.

-- ROOT METHOD SGS4 I9506 + E330S --

The following root file was made for the E330S and works also on I9506.

The only difference to the original file is that i changed the Korean superSU.apk with the International free superSU.apk from great Chainfire´s thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

Now you are able to read the text and dont need to learn Korean language ;)

1. Download ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip and Latest UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip package fom Chainfire!!!!!

3. Transfer the file ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip and UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip to the extSDCARD(the SDCARD where you afterwards plugged in!!) or the SDCARD(from your device)

4. Turn off your Device

5. After device completely OFF - Enter Recovery
-->Entering Recovery:
- Hold Volume UP + Power Button
- When device turns ON, RELEASE POWER BUTTON when it says RECOVERY BOOTING (ignore the text "SECURE FAIL: Recovery" since you flashed CWM ....)
- Will Enter Recovery

6. Select install Zip

6.1 Select choose zip from external SDCARD(if you transferred it on SDCARD where you afterwards plugged in!!) or choose zip from SDCARD(from your device)

7. Select file ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip

8. Move to YES - Install ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip touch it or Push the Power button

9. Return to CWM main menu

10. Select install Zip

10.1 Select choose zip from external SDCARD(if you transferred it on SDCARD where you afterwards plugged in!!) or choose zip from SDCARD(from your device)

11. Select file UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip

12. Move to YES - Install UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip touch it or Push the Power button

13. When update procedure finished, REBOOT.

Now your device is rooted!

Cheers

If i forgot something or it is wrong just post here in thread :) Thanks!

Last edited:

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Cwm - versions - download

On this Post you can dowload the CWM to flash it with ODIN to your device.

FOLDER: 1_CWM_FILE_I9506_E330S

1. Chenglu_cwm_recovery_6.0.3.7(0905)-fix-exSdcard.tar <-- build from Chenglu @Chenglu aka github: xiaolu

2. Philz_Touch _CWM_6.3.7_V5.15.0_unofficial.tar <-- a unofficial build by unknown from @Phil3759 - Philz Touch CWM -- github: philz_touch_cwm6

Many thanks to this persons!!! a big -> :) ^^

FOLLOWING CWM IS SPECIALLY TESTED AND MODIFIED FOR GT-I9506!! (NOT TESTED ON E330S!!)

FOLDER: 1.1_CWM_FILE_I9506

1. Philz_Touch__CWM_6.3.7_V5.15.0_unofficial_(fixed_preload).tar <-- a unofficial build modified for I9506 by xenix96 from @Phil3759 - Philz Touch CWM -- github: philz_touch_cwm6

2. CWM_6.0.4.6_Non-Touch_GT-I9506.tar <-- a unofficial CWM build from @dridri85 -- github: dridri / android_device_samsung_ks01lte

Happy debloating guys :)

Last edited:

Cr4z33

Oct 14, 2011
Salento, Italy
Thanks xenix96!
If it wasn't for you I would still be with a castrated beast. :D

I just want to ask if this custom version of Phil's Touch has less features compared to the common one we all know? :)
Otherwise I will have to install the CWM, but I don't like it.

Sent from my (soon rooted) Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE+ (GT-I9506)

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Thanks xenix96!
If it wasn't for you I would still be with a castrated beast. :D

I just want to ask if this custom version of Phil's Touch has less features compared to the common one we all know? :)
Otherwise I will have to install the CWM, but I don't like it.

Sent from my (soon rooted) Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE+ (GT-I9506)

I use this unoffcial release of philz cwm cause it has much more features and mostly all features working. :)

aroma file manager, terminal, script thing i didnt tested and really never used it.

the chenglu cwm got only the basic features of cwm like we all know from source. for all who dont want more its also great ;)

ok kids and wife waiting for to make breakfeast :)

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cr4z33

Oct 14, 2011
Salento, Italy
I use this unoffcial release of philz cwm cause it has much more features and mostly all features working. :)

aroma file manager, terminal, script thing i didnt tested and really never used it.

the chenglu cwm got only the basic features of cwm like we all know from source. for all who dont want more its also great ;)

ok kids and wife waiting for to make breakfeast :)

Cheers

Yeah I choosed the same.

I only suggest you to add at step #6 of the flashing tut the link to the Samsung USB drivers as it's a common thing people might forget to install and therefore the device wouldn't be detected when connecting by USB. :D

Now thanks to you I can finally back everything up with Titanium and flash another ROM (the NEE one)!
Remember to setup a Beer button so that we can offer you one. ;)

Reactions: xenix96

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yeah I choosed the same.

I only suggest you to add at step #6 of the flashing tut the link to the Samsung USB drivers as it's a common thing people might forget to install and therefore the device wouldn't be detected when connecting by USB. :D

Now thanks to you I can finally back everything up with Titanium and flash another ROM (the NEE one)!
Remember to setup a Beer button so that we can offer you one. ;)

well if you take a look to my signature and push to the thread with firmwares....then go to rooting section theire i wrote the samsung drivers ....

on this currently thread i thought everyone knows that we need driver to communicate with device....

but your 100% right i have to explain that for those who dont know that.

so i will add this evening

i got a beer button under my avatar but for that you guys dont need do anything.

spare your beers for real developer ;) !!!

i hope we get some devs for this device :)

I just gathered informations - tested - and share it with you guys. nothing special for me.

cheers

boart

Apr 10, 2005
I have chosen Philz Touch CWM and im not able to mount my external SD card. Did you guys have the same problem?

I alwys get the message: Can't mount /external_sd/

But internal SD card is working.

Edit: Ok... was able to get access to external SD card with Chenglu's CWM

Last edited:
Reactions: bjpafa

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have chosen Philz Touch CWM and im not able to mount my external SD card. Did you guys have the same problem?

with philz cwm there is also no problem with extsdcard. i can make backups,restore and install from extsdcard :)

darealxilef

Nov 25, 2012
Freiburg
this morning I got really happy reading this thread :good::good::good::good: - luckily a way to get my I9506 (probably one of the very first delivered ones in germany) rooted

many thanks for generating a way to root!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW: Are there already some other modem versions available or does anyone have some experiences with the dfiferent modem versions?

Last edited:

Same problem here. No ext sd card access here with Phils.
Do you remove the sd before going into CWM? Format is exFAT.

Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9506 mit Tapatalk 2

funkyirishman

Jul 22, 2011
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Well finally the root is here cheers the beers are on their way..........

Anywho have not done the root yet. Before I do is there a way of backing up what I have no so if something happens(touch wood) I can revert back to what I have now?

Also in a dummies guide sentence what is the knox warranty googled it and still not sure

Cheers

Cr4z33

Oct 14, 2011
Salento, Italy
Well finally the root is here cheers the beers are on their way..........

Anywho have not done the root yet. Before I do is there a way of backing up what I have no so if something happens(touch wood) I can revert back to what I have now?

Also in a dummies guide sentence what is the knox warranty googled it and still not sure

Cheers

I actually had my contacts saved on the Google account and you can do the same.
Save the SMS with SMS Backup & Restore.
Everything else can be moved to your computer and back.
I then rooted the phone, installed Titanium Backup and went on with a complete apps, data and settings backup.

Even after flashing the NEE firmware everything (but root and CWM) was there without the need of a restore.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE+ (GT-I9506)

funkyirishman

Jul 22, 2011
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Cheers

Went to load the tar file using odin but when I connected the phone it installed the software and then opened Odin and loaded file and then connected phone but it did not go yellow see below it went a light blue?

Anyone know what maybe causing this?

ago8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please read the guides below before asking questions

This CWM and Root Method is tested from many users and at least by me on this devices GT-I9506 and SHV-E330S!!

USE THIS GUIDE WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DO AND YOU DONT CARE ABOUT KNOX WARRANTY 0x1b !!!

IF YOU DONT WANT TO VOID YOUR KNOX WARRANTY STOP READING THE TEXT BELOW AND GO OUT OF THIS THREAD..... Thanks !!!

----- SHORT DECLARATION - ODIN3 -----

PDA refers to the build version of the firmware

Phone refers to the baseband/modem version

CSC is the consumer software customisation and is specific to geographical region and carriers. It contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS etc for your service provider.

CSC has nothing to do with what languages the firmware supports and it will not add keyboard language support either.

.PIT refers to the partition information table you only need it if you screw up your partition table or if the firmware specifically requires it because of a change in the partition table layout. It's very likely you may never have to use this.

If the package only contains one .tar archive then it will have everything, pda+phone+csc, in the one file.

If it has multiple .tar archive then:
    • The .tar with modem in the name is the phone/baseband bit of the package
    • .tar with csc/multi-csc in the name is the csc bit of the package
    • .tar with code/PDA in the name is the PDA part of the firmware package

If this is the case you will need to put these .tar archives in the specific areas of Odin to flash the update

Get -->Odin3<-- Just extract Odin folder and keep the odin3.ini file in it.

I use v1.85 in this guide you can use also the latest version... it doesnt matter.

----- FLASHING WITH ODIN3 v1.85 -----

1. Just download the CWM version you want from the 2nd post. It must be a .tar or .tar.md5 file!!

2. Reboot your phone to download mode.

To get download mode shut down the device. After it shuts off completely simultaneously press the Down volume key + press the power button .

You should see a warning asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, press volume up. You are now in download mode!

3. Start Odin

4. Click on the PDA button and browse to the .tar or .tar.md5 file that you downloaded in step 1

5. PLEASE DO NOT PUT .PIT FILE AND DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TICK REPARTITION!!!

6. Connect the USB cable and wait for the ID:COM section to turn yellow

Should look like this screenshot:

ja4j.png

7. Click start to flash

8. Do not disconnect the cable or turn off the device, it will reboot when it finishes.

-- ROOT METHOD SGS4 I9506 + E330S --

The following root file was made for the E330S and works also on I9506.

The only difference to the original file is that i changed the Korean superSU.apk with the International free superSU.apk from great Chainfire´s thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

Now you are able to read the text and dont need to learn Korean language ;)

1. Download ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip and Latest UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip package fom Chainfire!!!!!

3. Transfer the file ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip and UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip to the extSDCARD(the SDCARD where you afterwards plugged in!!) or the SDCARD(from your device)

4. Turn off your Device

5. After device completely OFF - Enter Recovery
    -->Entering Recovery:
    - Hold Volume UP + Power Button
    - When device turns ON, RELEASE POWER BUTTON when it says RECOVERY BOOTING (ignore the text "SECURE FAIL: Recovery" since you flashed CWM ....)
    - Will Enter Recovery

6. Select install Zip

6.1 Select choose zip from external SDCARD(if you transferred it on SDCARD where you afterwards plugged in!!) or choose zip from SDCARD(from your device)

7. Select file ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip

8. Move to YES - Install ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip touch it or Push the Power button

9. Return to CWM main menu

10. Select install Zip

10.1 Select choose zip from external SDCARD(if you transferred it on SDCARD where you afterwards plugged in!!) or choose zip from SDCARD(from your device)

11. Select file UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip

12. Move to YES - Install UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip touch it or Push the Power button

13. When update procedure finished, REBOOT.

Now your device is rooted!

Cheers

If i forgot something or it is wrong just post here in thread :) Thanks!

Cwm - versions - download

On this Post you can dowload the CWM to flash it with ODIN to your device.

FOLDER: 1_CWM_FILE_I9506_E330S

1. Chenglu_cwm_recovery_6.0.3.7(0905)-fix-exSdcard.tar <-- build from Chenglu @Chenglu aka github: xiaolu

2. Philz_Touch _CWM_6.3.7_V5.15.0_unofficial.tar <-- a unofficial build by unknown from @Phil3759 - Philz Touch CWM -- github: philz_touch_cwm6

Many thanks to this persons!!! a big -> :) ^^

FOLLOWING CWM IS SPECIALLY TESTED AND MODIFIED FOR GT-I9506!! (NOT TESTED ON E330S!!)

FOLDER: 1.1_CWM_FILE_I9506

1. Philz_Touch__CWM_6.3.7_V5.15.0_unofficial_(fixed_preload).tar <-- a unofficial build modified for I9506 by xenix96 from @Phil3759 - Philz Touch CWM -- github: philz_touch_cwm6

2. CWM_6.0.4.6_Non-Touch_GT-I9506.tar <-- a unofficial CWM build from @dridri85 -- github: dridri / android_device_samsung_ks01lte

Happy debloating guys :)

another one :) ^^^^^^
    ^^ last one ................
    Is it possible to root without flashing CWM?

Yes, flash a pre-rooted stock rom with Odin.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Strange question, but what is e330s compared to 9506? Don't understand.

Not a strange question at all. They are very similar devices. In fact, it shouldn't be too dificult to 'port' a GT-I9506 rom to the SHV-E330S/K. I had a 4.2.2 I9506 rom running on my E330S a few weeks ago.