Evervolv KITKAT [4.4.4] Nov. 4, 2014

Search This thread

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Now Presenting Evervolv KitKat for the Skyrocket​

sigpic2219132_1.gif

For those that don't know what Evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

If you would like to contribute to Evervolv, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Current version: 4.0.0p1

Bug Reporting:
Please provide the following info:
If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.

Downloads:

Evervolv 4.4.4 Evervolv kernel Nov. 4, 2014

Camera works but video is borked.

[URL="http://d-h.st/94H"]Evervolv Beta Jan. 28, 2014

Evervolv MD5 Jan. 28, 2014

Evervolv Beta Dec. 14, 2013 <-- ART works in this one
[http://d-h.st/77S"]Evervolv MD5 Dec. 14, 2013[/URL]

Evervolv the 3rd Rom *now with working camera*
Evervolv the 3rd, MD5 verification file

Evervolv 2nd Edition Rom
Evervolv 2nd Edition MD5 file
Dev DB Link for 2nd Edition

Check 3rd post for Strangeness and other notes.

Evervolv 1st Edition
DEV DB Link

Latest Gapps:
Link to PA Gapps on XDA
CM11's link to KK gapps
Thanks for the reminder @Smittiegee19

Source:
Evervolv Github
Stable Branch: Jellybean-4.3

Changelog:
Nightly changelogs are available on download page
or you can view them at the Gerrit Code Review

Special Thanks to:
Team Chopsticks - who got us kit kat faster than light!
CyanogenMod
Evervolv - for the great source code!
@Smittiegee19 - Tester for 2nd edition Many thanks!

XDA:DevDB Information
Evervolv KitKat, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727

Contributors
Kiltnar
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: Newest CWM
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-11-17
Last Updated 2014-11-04

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Signature && Strangeness

Want to show you use this Rom? Add this to your signature:
sigpic2219132_1.gif

Right click on the picture above and click on copy image location, then paste it in your signature.

Known Strangeness with Kitkat:
Apps saved to your sdcard will have the links disabled with a reboot, please move them to your phone for the time being.
1st boot will not have vibration, after you reboot it will come back.
Softkey lights may flash - this is a notification alert... Voicemail, messages, etc. Low battery will also cause it.
Google audio feedback (when Google talks to you) is broken at the moment. All other audio works though. == fixed in 2nd edition
Art is Broken .. Causes a no boot situation. Make a nand if you attempt it. *You've been warned* == Fixed in newer builds

Last edited:

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
Just a reminder. Apps on your SD card will be wiped out on a reboot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

EDIT: Dev DB link added to OP

Last edited:
Reactions: bzzybfrm313

x61tab

Dec 11, 2012
Does the Google search return an audible feedback?

I don't have this room but I have been using the KitKat launcher for quite a while now. It seems the Google sound issue is only with the English (US). The way I solved this problem is to:
1: Long press on the Screen
2: Go to Settings
3. Voice
4. Language
5. Select English
6. English (Canada).

AndroidGee209

Aug 26, 2012
California
So i flashed this rom last night and i was getting a weird battery percentage, now i cant acces my internal memory. basically i cant flash a different rom unless i odin to stock. THANKS . . . .

alanjames01

Dec 21, 2012
Augusta, Ga
I don't have this room but I have been using the KitKat launcher for quite a while now. It seems the Google sound issue is only with the English (US). The way I solved this problem is to:
1: Long press on the Screen
2: Go to Settings
3. Voice
4. Language
5. Select English
6. English (Canada).

Thanks for the feedback but still not working. I'm on 4.4

soupysoup

Jun 13, 2013
norwich
So i flashed this rom last night and i was getting a weird battery percentage, now i cant acces my internal memory. basically i cant flash a different rom unless i odin to stock. THANKS . . . .

WOW, be happy anyone is even updating this phone at all, u say thanks in CAPS like its the devs fault, U flashed this rom knowing full well what the possible outcomes can be, dont blame anyone but urself,if u dont like the work stay on stock, but dont ever discredit a dev for the hard work and time they put into giving u a kitkat rom on a phone that was never meant to go past 4.1, so next time instead of being an AS* about it, git a little feedback that will help, dont just be sarcastic, this dude doesnt get paid to make sure YOUR phone works perfect, matter of fact he doesnt get paid at all for this, so be thankful, or stay on stock...4.4 is still very early in the game, there are going to be issues so stay away if u cant deal with it...

Smittiegee19

Aug 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA

Your brain is damaged. Nothing about the ROM not mounting your SD will affect your recovery. Even if that's the case you take the implied risk of flashing custom firmware that may break your phone. Upgrade to the new iOS and go back to the sandbox little one

Sent from my skyrocket running something better than yours! BOOM!

Kiltnar

Sep 23, 2012
Greenwood
What is an Alpha release?

An alpha release is one that is working, but may include many bugs. You take the risk of flashing even known good Roms, and your phone locking up/soft bricking/hard bricking. It's a risk we all take. I'm always the first one to flash a rom, and test it. Then I let others try it out. If it doesn't work out, please provide a log, that way I can help others and prevent any more problems. As it's been said on many roms, no log, it didn't happen. Or if you can't get/provide a log, please be as specific as possible. Saying weird battery, no internal memory doesn't tell me anything. Which Gapps package you used, did you check MD5sum before flashing, anything specific that you installed before it stopped working correctly is much appreciated.
Thanks,
~Kiltnar

EDIT: That said, I do this for fun. Let's try to have fun while we're here.
EDIT2: Manually cherry-picked the commit to fix battery issues. -Thank xplodwild - he was the original committer. Expect a 2nd edition Alpha in a day or two to get it closer to CM-11 status.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now Presenting Evervolv KitKat for the Skyrocket​

sigpic2219132_1.gif

For those that don't know what Evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

If you would like to contribute to Evervolv, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Current version: 4.0.0p1

Bug Reporting:
    Please provide the following info:
    If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.

Downloads:

Evervolv 4.4.4 Evervolv kernel Nov. 4, 2014

Camera works but video is borked.

[URL="http://d-h.st/94H"]Evervolv Beta Jan. 28, 2014

Evervolv MD5 Jan. 28, 2014

Evervolv Beta Dec. 14, 2013 <-- ART works in this one
    [http://d-h.st/77S"]Evervolv MD5 Dec. 14, 2013[/URL]

Evervolv the 3rd Rom *now with working camera*
    Evervolv the 3rd, MD5 verification file

Evervolv 2nd Edition Rom
    Evervolv 2nd Edition MD5 file
    Dev DB Link for 2nd Edition

Check 3rd post for Strangeness and other notes.

Evervolv 1st Edition
    DEV DB Link

Latest Gapps:
    Link to PA Gapps on XDA
    CM11's link to KK gapps
    Thanks for the reminder @Smittiegee19

Source:
    Evervolv Github
    Stable Branch: Jellybean-4.3

Changelog:
    Nightly changelogs are available on download page
    or you can view them at the Gerrit Code Review

Special Thanks to:
    Team Chopsticks - who got us kit kat faster than light!
    CyanogenMod
    Evervolv - for the great source code!
    @Smittiegee19 - Tester for 2nd edition Many thanks!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Evervolv KitKat, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket SGH-I727

Contributors
    Kiltnar
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Newest CWM
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-11-17
    Last Updated 2014-11-04
    A build is going will test it tonight or tomorrow. Since this is mainly aosp the fixes come mostly from them. A dev from herc side got a good build with almost everything working. Letting you guys know.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
    Evervolv Beta 4.4.1

Alright, as it seems the newer kernel won't be ready for some time I made another build. I used Philz touch to install, so it's ok to use. ART still is not functional, neither is video. These are being worked on. Will be adding Torch in the next build. This is Android 4.4.1 as well. 4.4.2 coming soon.
    I'm working on getting this to Official Status, Thanks everyone for checking this out.
    ~Kiltnar

(EV updater won't update until after Official Nightlies start)
    2nd Edition is up!!
    Updated all -caf files, system-core, celox-common, msm8660common, qcom-common. Much more stable, ART remains broken (will be working on that next), battery issue is fixed, parsing error on play store is fixed. I got 30ish hours on the 1st edition, can't wait to see if it's improved. Say thanks to @Smittiegee19 , he had the battery issue, and was kind enough to test this again.
    Enjoy!

EDIT: Dev db link is also updated in OP. And I forgot to mention, this is compiled with Linaro.
    Lots of updates coming. Spent the day patching files. Will build tonight and have a 2nd edition tomorrow. Sorry about the battery thing. Will be fixed in the update tomorrow.

Sent from my skyrocket running something I built.