FORUMS

[RECOVERY][GT-P51XX] Unofficial ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.4.5 (Normal + Touch)

1,168 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,145

Thread Closed Email Thread
17th November 2013, 06:12 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1,387

More
Hey shak, what's the problem with new cwm touch builds? I prefer it over the regular. I've tried twrp before but its just not for me.
Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Eat Play Google
17th November 2013, 12:06 PM |#32  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 29,233

Donate to Me
More
i will upload latest CWM notouch 6.0.4.5 later again, as flashable tar.md5 as well. you can add this to op when i posted it if you want. only give credits for me.
recoverybuilder never worked for me for p31xx
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android-Andi Ad-Free
17th November 2013, 02:11 PM |#33  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
CWM 6.0.4.5 Non-Touch from 14./15. Nov. 2013

P5100
Flashable ZIP: GT-P5100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.4.5_Non-Touch-UNOFFICIAL.zip
Odin-Flashable: GT-P5100_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.4.5-UNOFFICIAL.tar.md5

P5110
Flashable ZIP GT-P5110_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.4.5_Non-Touch-UNOFFICIAL.zip
Odin-Flashable: GT-P5110_ClockworkMod-Recovery_6.0.4.5-UNOFFICIAL.tar.md5
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android-Andi Ad-Free
17th November 2013, 10:36 PM |#34  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsgun357

Hey shak, what's the problem with new cwm touch builds? I prefer it over the regular. I've tried twrp before but its just not for me.
Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Eat Play Google

The way touch works you can't build it from source you have to use the recovery server but it hasn't been working for quite a while for our tabs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to shakatu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shakatu Ad-Free
18th November 2013, 01:08 AM |#35  
Flag Bronx,NY
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Why is it called unofficial cwm?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
18th November 2013, 01:25 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 1,387

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by derride8

Why is it called unofficial cwm?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Because its not being built by cwm but from their source.

Eat Play Google
The Following User Says Thank You to samsgun357 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samsgun357 Ad-Free
21st November 2013, 04:35 AM |#37  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
And this boys and girls is why we don't have an updated CWM touch for our device.
If they would allow people to build the touch version from source there wouldn't be a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CWM Touch Fail.png
Views:	880
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	2405679  
The Following User Says Thank You to shakatu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shakatu Ad-Free
26th November 2013, 05:24 AM |#38  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I synced sources from the CM11.0 repo and tried to build for our device but it failed. Something about there not being a CM11.0 branch (although I did try to pull files from the CM10.2 branch but whatever).
So instead I tried building from the CM10.2 branch and it was fine but still can't get touch build using the online CWM builder.
I'm not too confident our device will receive official support for CM11 but who knows...

Edit: I don't have time to try this now, but maybe these forks on my GitHub will build CM11... https://github.com/shakatu?tab=repositories
26th November 2013, 09:47 PM |#39  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
PhilZ-NON-Touch-Recovery 6.00.1 (Advanced CWM)
PhilZ-NON-Touch-Recovery 6.00.1 (Advanced CWM) 26.11.2103
(CWM Base v6.0.4.5; Advanced Edition v6.00.1)

Missing Features from PhilZ TOUCH:
  • all gui options, include touch code
  • name the backup folder with current ROM name
  • custom zip install menu (Free Browse Mode + custom startup folder)
  • Create Update.zip from current ROM or from pre-existing backups
  • misc nandroid settings menu (but /preload is included by default and I added option to toggle compression under backup format menu)

Not good like PhilZ Touch but much better then CWM (for me)!

Quote:

Please don´t mirror my files without my permissions! Link to this Thread/Post for Download

P5100
GT-P5100_PhilZ-NON-Touch-Recovery_6_(Advanced-CWM).zip

Odin flashable:
GT-P5100_PhilZ-NON-Touch-Recovery_6_(Advanced-CWM).tar.md5

P5110
GT-P5110_PhilZ-NON-Touch-Recovery_6_(Advanced-CWM).zip

Odin flashable:
GT-P5110_PhilZ-NON-Touch-Recovery_6_(Advanced-CWM).tar.md5

Credits:
Thanks @Phil3759 for his Advanced CWM
Main-Thread for PhilZ Touch Recovery: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2201860

Use on your own risk! I am not responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards!

I don´t have a P51XX so i can´t test. It compiled it from source without error (and P31XX Build is working great!).

Please press the "Thanks"-Button if you use / like my work
Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

. @shakatu you can link to this post in OP if you want
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android-Andi Ad-Free
27th November 2013, 04:04 AM |#40  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Prompt How to build CM11 & CWM
Okay I got my repo all nice and set up and went to build CM11.0 for the p5110 and after one fail that I was able to fix, there's another fail now from a commit to the CM code 2 hours ago!

Anywho, if someone were to set up a build environment for CM11.0 like the literally millions of guides out there, but before running "repo sync" do this:
Code:
$ touch .repo/local_manifest.xml
$ gedit .repo/local_manifest.xml
Then in your new file copy this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="shakatu/android_kernel_samsung_espresso10" path="kernel/samsung/espresso10" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="shakatu/android_device_samsung_p5100" path="device/samsung/p5100" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="shakatu/android_device_samsung_p5110" path="device/samsung/p5110" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="shakatu/android_device_samsung_omap4-common" path="device/samsung/omap4-common" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-11.0" />
</manifest>
Now repo sync and you SHOULD have a proper build environment for p5110/p5100 as long as CyanogenMod get's THEIR code right...
I can't fully test it as I didn't get the build to complete but like I said that wasn't due to MY repo...
(This is kinda on topic cuz if you get it to build you'll also have a CWM image using the CM11 repo)
2nd December 2013, 04:08 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 8,373

Donate to Me
More
Hi @shakatu, I posted here before, but, once again, I want to thank you for your efforts
I want to make a little request, if possible: may you change the recovery path associated to the external sd card from /storage/sdcard1 to /external_sd?
I don't know how easy this could be, I know it's kind of regressive, but this could keep the ROM Manager app working
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread