[FIRST CM10.2] with kernel 3.0.101[DEVELOPMENT STOPPED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xenLiam

Nov 16, 2013
A little tip for those who experience a bit of battery drain (please note that these work for me. Whether they work for you or not is no longer my responsibility, and as always, a backup should be created before modifications are done. I will not be held responsible if something breaks, yada yada yada):

1) Download the CM 10.2 3.0.101 Kernel (Build 2) from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527990 -- make sure it is Build #2 (the latest as of time of writing) or newer, as it will have the interactiveX governor. (credits to yazidkucrit for the kernel)
2) Make a backup (recommended)
3) Flash the new kernel using CWM, then wipe your cache and dalvik cache (DO NOT wipe data/factory reset).
4) Enable Developer Options by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping the "Build number" entry 7 times.
5) Go back, then tap Performance. Press OK if asked to, then tap Processor.
6) Tap "CPU governor" and select "interactiveX" then tap OK. Enable "Set on boot" so that it sets the governor everytime the device starts up.
7) Go back, then tap I/O Scheduler, select "row" then tap OK. Enable "Set on boot" so that it sets the scheduler everytime the device starts up.
8) Go back, then tap "Allow purging of assets" to enable it.
9) Reboot your phone.

I've noticed a significant change in battery life. Before I did this, my battery would run out in like 2 to 3 hours. Now, I'm listening to music and battery time is significantly improved.

Of course, as stated before, this works for me. I am not sure if it will work for you, and that if something breaks, I am not responsible. We downloaded a newer build of the kernel because the kernel that comes with this ROM does not include the "X" governors. I haven't noticed a significant lag or negative effect by using these steps, however if something goes wrong, please go back to your previous configuration (select "ondemand" in CPU governors, as it is the default one).

The interactiveX governor sets it so that the CPU is scaled down to the minimum while the phone is on standby so that it reduces battery drain, but still has the snappiness and responsiveness of "ondemand" during use.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

my experience was quite bad...

I flashed the ROM 10.2 and flashed gapps for Cm 10.1.2..
on start it said Bluetooth force closed or something.. then another popup for keyboard which was popping up regularly
then I noticed my menu and back button were not responding at OK just vibration..I had to use home key fr everything.
dalvik cache factory reset everything tried..

again I am on whisps ROM...

That also happened to me. Use the gapps specifically made for CM 10.2 (Android 4.3). To do that, copy it to your SD Card, reboot to CWM, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and then re-flash both CM 10.2 and the new gapps flashable zip. It will work as expected now. I was about to return to 10.1 but when I tried this I got those solved.

The link to the proper gapps file: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

gapps for CM 10.1.x does not work for CM 10.2.

trendchanger

May 6, 2013
mumbai
thanx broo

A little tip for those who experience a bit of battery drain (please note that these work for me. Whether they work for you or not is no longer my responsibility, and as always, a backup should be created before modifications are done. I will not be held responsible if something breaks, yada yada yada):

1) Download the CM 10.2 3.0.101 Kernel (Build 2) from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527990 -- make sure it is Build #2 (the latest as of time of writing) or newer, as it will have the interactiveX governor. (credits to yazidkucrit for the kernel)
3) Flash the new kernel using CWM, then wipe your cache and dalvik cache (DO NOT wipe data/factory reset).
4) Enable Developer Options by going to Settings > About Phone and tapping the "Build number" entry 7 times.
6) Tap "CPU governor" and select "interactiveX" then tap OK. Enable "Set on boot" so that it sets the governor everytime the device starts up.
7) Go back, then tap I/O Scheduler, select "row" then tap OK. Enable "Set on boot" so that it sets the scheduler everytime the device starts up.
9) Reboot your phone.

I've noticed a significant change in battery life. Before I did this, my battery would run out in like 2 to 3 hours. Now, I'm listening to music and battery time is significantly improved.

Of course, as stated before, this works for me. I am not sure if it will work for you, and that if something breaks, I am not responsible. We downloaded a newer build of the kernel because the kernel that comes with this ROM does not include the "X" governors. I haven't noticed a significant lag or negative effect by using these steps, however if something goes wrong, please go back to your previous configuration (select "ondemand" in CPU governors, as it is the default one).

The interactiveX governor sets it so that the CPU is scaled down to the minimum while the phone is on standby so that it reduces battery drain, but still has the snappiness and responsiveness of "ondemand" during use.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

That also happened to me. Use the gapps specifically made for CM 10.2 (Android 4.3). To do that, copy it to your SD Card, reboot to CWM, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and then re-flash both CM 10.2 and the new gapps flashable zip. It will work as expected now. I was about to return to 10.1 but when I tried this I got those solved.

The link to the proper gapps file: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

thousand thanks bro..I was told that it would work so I tried..and vickyg.coolest. plz add this link. on 1st page....

Androidoo

Aug 29, 2013
indore

9) Reboot your phone.

i am using gapps of cm 10.1.x...will that affect the rom??
till now i haventt faced any problem...

blinqipa

Aug 12, 2012
Prizren
1979?
that is not possible.. i've got 5000+ the most of the time

No need to use them .Better to be updated .I wouldn't recommend ,but if you haven't faced any problem ,it may be OK for you .Just don't get surprised if you face any App crash or sth like that

Sent from my GT-S7500 using xda app-developers app

ThaTr1kz

Nov 16, 2013

9) Reboot your phone.

Awesome! Thank you, this saved a bit of my battery, awesome!
Anyway first I've tried the 10.1.x gapps and everything seemd to be fine, anyway now I have the new gapps (20130813) and everything is better.

ShadowsDie

May 21, 2013
Galati
the boot speed is incredible!!
is this normal?
i mean its great, 20 sec max
its the kernel or the cm itself?

vickyg.coolest

Dec 4, 2012
indore

9) Reboot your phone.

will add your post in op
not working:
1.The flashlight can't be used in the camera.
2.bluetooth

Quadrant score:1979:confused:
-----------------
Sorry for my poor English:crying:
never use benchmarks they are of no use
for bluetooth replace libs from mini 2cm 10.2 rom
Any way to enable the Flash in Camera ?

i dont think so :(
the boot speed is incredible!!
is this normal?
i mean its great, 20 sec max
its the kernel or the cm itself?
it is the kernel mainly and of course cm 10.2

Reactions: Pimo92

ThaTr1kz

Nov 16, 2013

jsgage

May 1, 2012
bolton
Offline Charging

On your next major tweekage plz look into offline charging there are still two battery logos fighting every 2min or so and the LCD back light is in 99% of the time... surly its not helping on draining , charging has to be longer, with the lcd baclkight constantly on..

there a few permission error and a missing .so ... ive been making logcat/dmesg trying to narrow down..

Give yourself a good pat on the back ..well done..

ive on managed to get trebon compiled once without errors :)

jsgage

May 1, 2012
bolton
It deffo needs work on power consumption lost 30% battery . playing tapped out .. not bad maybe .

.but it was pluged in via powered usb still lost 30% charge..... omg

eagerly awaiting rev 3 :)

Reactions: trendchanger

Neo Android

Apr 11, 2013
many apps (whatsapp, facebook, tweetcaster, keep, etc) force close and stop working after install kernel 3.0.101 build 2 and apply CPU governor.. trying to bring it back by set default, but no use.. still have the same problem.. please help me.. and sorry for my bad english.. 。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i am just sharing the latest cm 10.2 build of thewhsisp with some changes to make it usable
    all credits goes to thewhisp for this bug free rom and to yazidkucrit for compiling kernel from source
    I JUST DID SOME ALTERATION TO GET IT WORKING AND USABLE FOR DAILY USE
    AND YES THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I AM ASKING TO PRESS THANKS COZ I DESERVE IT :p
    FOR LATEST AND BETTER CM 10.2 GO TO THIS THREAD
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

WORKING-
    1 Ril
    2 WiFi (disable WiFi optimization )
    3 Offline Charging ()
    4 FM radio
    5 WiFi tethering
    6 Candy crush and other games
    7 Notifications
    8 Home button wake
    9For Camera:
    It is working after replacing these libs.
    Use JB+ Camera
    Panorama + Camcorder + Camera all are working. (Credits blinqipa and k9999gada )

NOT WORKING
    Camera Only
    1bluetooth file transfer
    2Option "Wi-Fi optimization" is not working, please disable it

build 2 changelog-
    camera fixed
    usb charging working partially (
    it doesn't work on overclocking the phone or when the bluetooth or gps is on )

Screenshot_2013_11_25_01_47_35.png
    Screenshot_2013_11_25_01_48_07.png
    Screenshot_2013_11_25_01_48_46.png
    Screenshot_2013_11_25_01_50_12.png
    battery life improved

How to install:
    1) You must have custom recovery installed on your device.
    2) Download ROM .zip
    3) Download Google apps
    4) Put both .zip files on your device (either internal or external storage)
    5) Boot your device into recovery mode
    6) Make nandroid backup (if needed)
    7) Wipe data/factory reset (not needed if installing above previous cm10.2 build)
    8) Format /system (only if the previous ROM is CM 10/10.1)
    9) Install the ROM .zip file
    10) Mount /system, install Google apps
    11) Done.

NOTE- first boot will take some time.
    NOTE 2 - i am uploading this rom because it is not in goo.im folder of the whisp
    NOTE 3 - We are here to help each other so please don't tell me that i should not share someones work.i am just helping everyone . i did some work also to get it working so please i would appreciate support from all of the ace plus users

FOR THOSE WHO WANTS TO KNOW HOW I DID THAT HERE IT IS
    -
    1 Extract kernel 3.0.101 boot.img by yazidkucrit
    2 Extract boot.img from cm 10.2
    3 Copy ramdisk of cm 10.2 to ramdisk of kernel 3.0.101 boot.img by yazidkucrit
    4 Repack the kernel
    5 Flash in cm 10.2 rom
    6 Done
    ...........Thanks to .........
    thewhisp and yazidkucrit
    PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL
    PLATFORM_VERSION=4.4.2
    CM_VERSION=11-20140105-UNOFFICIAL-trebon
    TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_trebon
    TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug
    TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release
    TARGET_BUILD_APPS=
    TARGET_ARCH=arm
    TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a-neon
    TARGET_CPU_VARIANT=cortex-a5
    HOST_ARCH=x86
    HOST_OS=linux
    HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.11.0-14-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-13.10-saucy
    HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release
    BUILD_ID=KOT49H
    keep waiting a little :)
    New build soon

WILL UPLOAD 2nd BUILD WITH NEW KERNEL AND CAMERA FIXED (MAY BE BLUETOOTH ALSO):D:good:
    AND THIS TIME I WILL UPLOAD ON DEV HOST :)

9) Reboot your phone.

my experience was quite bad...

I flashed the ROM 10.2 and flashed gapps for Cm 10.1.2..
    on start it said Bluetooth force closed or something.. then another popup for keyboard which was popping up regularly
    then I noticed my menu and back button were not responding at OK just vibration..I had to use home key fr everything.
    dalvik cache factory reset everything tried..

again I am on whisps ROM...

Here is the link fr CM10.2
    I would suggest dropbox users to copy to their account first then download from ur dropbox account so that my link won't get DEAD as it happened in main page

https://db.tt/dJkaw9gt

I am just helping thread owner.. If he feels its not justified plz delete my post... And thank u vickyg.coolest fr u awesome job!