FORUMS

View Poll Results: Which Nexus' do you currently own?

Galaxy Nexus

105 Vote(s)
8.03%
Nexus 7 2012

142 Vote(s)
10.86%
Nexus 4

154 Vote(s)
11.77%
Nexus 10

50 Vote(s)
3.82%
Nexus 5

1,202 Vote(s)
91.90%

[FAQ] Franco Kernel & FKU APK Learner's Lounge

8,093 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,969

By The Gingerbread Man, Senior Member on 18th November 2013, 02:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

The purpose of this thread is to have a place where people can discuss Franco's kernel and the application Franco Kernel Updater and ask questions here. I will provide some FAQs and their answers here also. This thread is more aimed at those who may inexperienced at making software modifications to their devices and I will warn you once you have unlocked your boot loader your warranty may be void and ultimately you as the end user are responsible for your device. This way the development threads can be kept clean, easy to follow and not miss important information which can easily get lost in the jungle of posts. I will allow off topic in this thread for general kernel / app / settings related chitter chatter too.

I personally want to thank everyone involved, each who I have mentioned and others who I might of missed (sorry if I have!) for each person has played their role and contributed information and advice to other members of XDA, perhaps unregistered lurkers too! This is a summery of the best information I could find and been putting together over a number of weeks and I am sharing my knowledge as others shared with me back when I was new and inexperienced, enjoy my thread!

Moderator Disclaimer
This thread isn't aimed to be an advertisement but a place to learn.

Information about the kernel

People generally change kernels for battery savings and to add features the stock one doesn't offer. Franco's kernel has several advantages over the stock one in terms of battery saving saving features, one of my favourite being the removal of MPdecision which in lay-mans terms changes the min and maximum speed the CPU can run at based upon live battery temperature checks. Franco's hot plug driver always keeps 2 cores online and always them to scale from 300mhz to 2.3ghz and based upon load conditions will online cores 3 and 4 if required. When you touch the screen the screen the CPU speed is boosted to approximately 1.5ghz for just over a quarter of a second and when load is reduced the CPU speed is able to lower quickly back to lower speeds thanks to his tuned interactive governor. Franco has created a governor for the GPU named interactive which works very much like how the CPU equivilant does. Franco has added some newer drivers for WiFi which also helps reduce idle battery drain while your on a busy WiFi network. Franco has also added an interface where you can boost microphone, speaker and headphone gain levels for audio enthusiasts as well as an interface to allow screen calibration and load pre set profiles to improve your experience with how your display looks! There's clock speed control, voltage control, governor control, hot plug control. You get the idea its full of cool features which can be controlled with the paid Franco.Kernel Application (see later in the thread for most infos)!

Our Developer

Franco is a no nonsense kind of guy, not a fan of buzz words and often tells it as it is kind of guy. He works exclusively on the nexus line. Generally the phones see more attention than tablets and owns and supports all the nexus phones and tabs from Galaxy Nexus right through to the latest Nexus 5. Special thanks to @JNewms for being Franco's tester while he was awaiting shipment of his Nexus 5 so we didn't miss our favourite kernel in that time!

AllYourBasesAreBelongToUs

So to actually run Franco's kernel you need to install it, there's a few ways;

1 use the FKU application to auto flash or download a zip (see below)

2 flash zip manually in recovery, navigating to the file and installing it

3 flashify application on play store by @cgollner using the application to navigate to the file and reboot into it. This is very handy for .img files

4 fastboot flash boot (filename here).img (requires working adb and fastboot aswell as drivers from Google SDK manager

Guide to fast boot

Franco Kernel Updater (FKU) application help

So you may want to know where you can access Franco's application, it can be bought through google play store. The app will allow you to download and flash a kernel to your device, it will allow to make a whole range changes to the kernel settings but bear in mind it already comes with settings for the best balance between performance and battery life automatically pre-set.

2 Android Pit bear in mind this version might not be as up to date as the Google Play Store Version.

3 But i don't want to pay for an app! Don't sweat it there is a free version on google play store. This free version will only download and flash kernels, you cannot configure the kernel settings in this one but you can use scripts / init.d if you are comfortable working at that level. Please bear in mind this isn't compatible with with all Franco's supported devices yet like the One Plus One.

4 You can find the IMGs and Zips to download and flash the kernel from Franco's server

Beta Version APK

There is a beta tester programme which Google introduced some time around when Jelly Bean was launched. Franco allows users to test the new features which don't always work as its for testing purposes and to gain feed back before the regular app is released to the main public. The beta application updates are managed through Google play store so when a new beta version is pushed you download it through the play store as a normal app update. Beta testing can only take place for downloads from Google Play Store not any other download site.

Sounds good how do i join?

There's three things you need to do before you can get on the beta programme

1 Purchase the paid application as its this one which gets updated

2 You need to be prepared to join Google+ and become part of Franco.Kernel community

3 Click here and choose to become a tester then follow the link to update via play store.

Please note this system is designed by Google not Franco. Some people feel this forces people into using a social media which they might not want to use but unforntunatly its the only way to join the beta programme. The good thing is your Google account used to sign in on your device will have G+ account asosiated with it already and G+ ships with most roms these days.

Applicationz Management

There's been a fair amount of discussion about the per app mode service being killed by swiping away the fku app from recent apps (multi task key), this is due to a bug Google introduced in 4.4.1 but wasn't really made apparent till 4.4.2 arrived.

It is best practice to not swipe away apps from your recent as in doing so you will kill any back ground service an app is running. Android manages RAM different than windows, you don't need loads of free ram for a smooth operating system. If you want to exit an app its best to press the home key or if you really to actually fully close it use back key. Exiting an app using back key shouldn't kill its back ground service.

Whatz is the Per App Modez?

You can set the behaviour you might like for certain apps to either limit max - min CPU speeds, gov controls. Anything you want to be different than the normal CPU set up that you use. Hence, per app mode. Good for gaming or light apps, or if you under clock normally it could give you full speed with the camera for instance, be creative!

(Nexus 5 Only)
@Tzfardaya has kindly taken the time to make a dedicated thread about per app modes, sharing kernel settings and per app modes by downloading and importing other peoples settings for other guys try on their own devices.

Can I Greenify FKU appz?

You can but this will prevent the per app mode service from running in the back ground. That service doesn't hurt your battery or ram even if you don't use it. If your per app mode settings aren't getting applied and you use Greenify double check you haven't disabled it 'by accident'.

What doez this button do?

If you long press any item it will explain its purpose then you can choose to set it on boot if you so desire

How do I set on boot in the app?

Press the phone icon to the right of an item so that two arrows appear. This means it is set on boot. Press it again to un-set on boot to return to default settings after a reboot. Check out the image above.

If you have anything set on set on boot and your using SuperSu with notifications you should actually see one / two Franco kernel updater has been granted super user permissions toast notifications appear. If super user notifications are disabled I find easily within a minute they are set just double check back very shortly after if your not sure.

I'm new here whatz the best settingz for battery and performancez?

The default values will always have the best balance between performance and battery life. How ever feel free to play with various settings to your own preferences.

Device Specific FAQs

I'll post some repetitive questions and answers here, click link for your specific device. A huge thanks to @ApriliaM3 for the extra posts to help get this much more organised!

Universal

One Plus One

Nexus 5

Nexus 7 2013

Nexus 4

Nexus 10

Nexus 7 2012

Galaxy Nexus

Change Log for this thread
The Following 118 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
18th November 2013, 02:59 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester

More
Universal

Cyanogen Romz

Devices which don't use CAF display drivers like Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 2012 and the One Plus One are void from the below statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco

Currently does not work with recent CyanogenMod nightlies or any rom has uses CM sources as a base because they made underlying changes that are now incompatible with Kernels that don't follow their path.

Cyanogen often use different drivers than stock / aosp and ROMs based off cyanogen pull their commits from their github and sources so they don't have to work on these things them selves so those rom devs can work on their features. Cyanogen have a tendency of doing things in their own way. To my knowledge CM roms only work with their shipped kernels.

Franco Kernel work on X Y Z romz?

Franco kernel is designed to run on stock / aosp roms only. Or in the case of the One Plus One where its intended for only Cyanogen Mod 11s. This does not include any unofficial stock type roms like the Android L preview available for certain nexus devices. So to reiterate that again, this kernel is only for the stock rom your device shipped with or upgraded via OTA and compatibility with other roms is purely coincidental. There are some unofficial ports that will add compatibility to certain roms or add extra features. These unofficial ports don't offer any official Franco support and for trouble shooting use the thread the developer set up.

2 Corz always onlinez Y? Quad core specific devices only

It is normal for 2 cores to always be online, its like that by Franco's design. It is meant to save battery in the long run as turning cores off and on again all the time is taxing on the battery according to Franco. It also helps keeps things running smoother. Cores 3 + 4 will activate when system load requirements are met.

Thermal Throttle

Thermal throttle is a system put in place to basicly stop your phones internal chips from cooking them selves! When a temperature reading reaches a condition the CPU limits its performance until the temperature reaches safe levels again. You might notice lags in games while this is happening as thermal throttle only really tends to take place during prolonged CPU intensive operations like gaming or during a reboot. You can see if thermal throttle is taking place if your CPU speeds are limited, check back after a few minutes with your screen being off and things should return to normal. You can increase the temperature at which thermal throttle takes place but personally I don't advice this in case you increase the level too much much and you can cause perminant damage or burn your CPU and require potential expensive repairs. Ambient air temperature can influence the chances of being throttled.

Ma batteryz life suckz!

More often than not bad battery life is from a poor managed application running riot. These applications run in the back ground and stop your phone from resting in low power mode (deep sleep). You can use Better Battery Stats (BBS) to track down the process taking place. Please search to find your answer don't post in the kernel thread asking about wake locks use Google or BBS thread and ask.

Colour Profilez

On any device (to my knowledge) changing any colour multiplyer or gamma level doesn't effect the battery at all.

Fast Chargerz

On nexus 5 and nexus 7 2013 USB fast charge mode won't show AC charging in battery stats, it will only ever report USB. The current way its implemented is that during the USB connection data exchange can take place too, meaning you will be charging at the faster speed and also manage your files on another machine. Rest assured it is working and for proof you can check proc/kmsg.

Antutu Rebootz My Phone Halp!

Antutu has a bug where it crashes around 21% of completing its benchmark. Its not just Franco kernel this effects check out the play store reviews.

I got random rebootz!

If you have an unexpected reboot often it means something wrong has happened and this triggered the reboot for some reason or an other. If you wanted to be helpful then use a file manager and navigate to /proc and find last k-msg and upload it to http://pastie.org. This is a report containing information about what your system was doing before the system shut down. Battery pulls cant generate this report. It is best to post these messages with proc/last k-msg attached to the main kernel thread as Franco needs to see them, he said he probably wont monitor this thread so could easily get missed.

Mirrorz plz

Franco's server is here you can download imgs and zips. Obviously mirrors of the paid application are not allowed and against XDA rules and disrespectful to any dev. It costs less than most pints of beer in the UK. Don't be so stingy!

Return to stock romz

Franco's kernel changes these system files below, so to change them back you can remove the .bak extension, or fastboot system.IMG and boot.IMG from a Google factory image which is probably easier and faster.

Quote:

1 - Rename /system/lib/hw/power.msm8974.so.bak to /system/lib/hw/power.msm8974.so
2 - Rename /system/bin/thermal-engine-hh-bak to /system/bin/thermal-engine-hh
3 - Reboot to the boot loader and flash stock Kernel by downloading the Nexus images and then fastboot flash boot boot.img
4 - If you're using those Moto X dalvik patches you gotta reflash stock system.img, just use the images you just downloaded from 2) and do fastboot flash system system.img
5 - ???
6 - Profit.

Nexus images, google it and its the first hit.

What about OTAz?

Your device will only download an OTA update on a stock rom (not custom roms) and it won't install with a different kernel installed. You will loose root permissions after any successful installation but you can gain it again by flashing the latest SuperSu in custom recovery (see next section below). To get any OTA to install successfully you need 100% stock files which the OTA plans to update, with the matching kernel, boot loader and radio. The updater script checks all these files and will abort if it detects (through md5 checks) if any one part doesn't match what it expects. Generally speaking its easier to fastboot system.img and boot.img to return all the files to original state. Flashing system.img and boot.img will not wipe your personal data / apps / stuff. It just replaces all the files to factory originals. Recovery is optional, if you flash an OTA with stock recovery you keep stock recovery installed. If you flash an OTA with a custom recovery it keep that installed. If you feel adventurous you can ADB side load it using either stock recovery or custom.

Whenz da ETAz?

Please don't ask, its ready when its ready. Some people find it rude asking so just don't go there.

Y I loose rootz?

For various reasons not all known to me but superuser permissions can be changed (especially through OTA) as permissions for certain files can sometimes get reset. I recommend using the latest SuperSu by @Chainfire. If you loose root flash the latest Supersu in custom recovery to regain / gain super user permissions.

CPU Tuningz

Info for governorz and their tunablez

For people interested about various interactive tunables here's some 'light reading' though its not my own wording but there's good information for an understanding.

The interactive governor tunablez

In order of appearance in FKU app, these are just the basic ones with hopefully easy to understand explanation of each function

above_hispeed_delay = when your CPU is at hispeed_freq, wait for this long before boosting speed further in response to continued high load. Measured in milliseconds.

boost_pulse_duration = boost CPU speed to input_boost_freq for this amount of time. Measured in milliseconds.

go_hispeed_load = Go to hi_speed_freq when CPU load at or above this value. Measured by system load percentage.

hispeed_freq = Boost CPU to this speed when go_hispeed_load value has been met. Measured in MHz.

input_boost_freq = Boost CPU speed to this frequency on touch screen events. Measured in MHz.

min_sample_time = The minimum amount of time to spend at a frequency before it can ramp down. Measured in milliseconds.

timer_rate = The sample rate of the timer used to increase frequency. Measured in milliseconds.

Hot plug controlz

This is a system in place which controls how many CPU cores are operating at a single time. The range of the control is from 0 - 100.

0 = Perminent quad core only mode
100 = Permanent duel core only mode
1 - 99 = system load in % required to online more cores.

The value defined is at which level of system load to activate all cpu cores. The closer to 0 this number is then its easier for all cores to be be active. The closer to 100 makes it harder for all cores to be active

Quad core devices have obviously 4 cores and the relationship to each other is

CPU 0 - always on

CPU 1 - always on

CPU 2 - tied to cpu 0. Activated when cpu 0 reaches the required load.

CPU 3 - tied to cpu 1. Activated when cpu 1 reaches the required load.

Quote:

Ok so ahead of launching another r33 test image I'll let you sneak peak the new tunables for the Hotplug driver. There are no changes to the driver algorithm itself, I'm just exposing all these interesting tunables for users that want maximum control and I mean extremely maximum control on how my driver behaves. Feel free to ask away if any explanation is not as good as it could and I'll happy to explain! Here's my documentation:

The load_threshold = first_level, just changed the name of the text to be less ambiguous.

Code:
/* 
 * system load threshold to decide when online or offline cores 
 * from 0 to 100
 */
unsigned int load_threshold;

/* 
 * counter to filter online/offline calls. The load needs to be above
 * load_threshold X high_load_counter times for the cores to go online
 * otherwise they stay offline
 */
unsigned int high_load_counter;

/* 
 * max number of samples counters allowed to be counted. The higher the
 * value the longer it will take the driver to offline cores after a period
 * of high and continuous load
 */
unsigned int max_load_counter;

/* 
 * if the current CPU freq is above this limit don't offline the cores 
 * for a couple of extra samples
 */
unsigned int cpufreq_unplug_limit;

/* 
 * minimum time in seconds that a core stays online to avoid too many
 * online/offline calls
 */
unsigned int min_time_cpu_online;

/* 
 * sample timer in seconds. The default value of 1 equals to 10 samples
 * every second. The higher the value the less samples per second it runs
 */
         unsigned int timer;

Top Tips

Run speaker clean every so often. It really works wonders.
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
18th November 2013, 02:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester

More
One Plus One

Compatible Romz

Stock Cyanogmod 11S

Wah 100z of Kernal which one for old Androidz?

4.4 <r7

Get your downloadz here

Franco has made a version of his kernel made for non cm11s roms. This should run on both aosp and regular cm11. I believe this is a temporary place holder until cm11 and cm11s make some kernel related merges. You can find the post with download link here

Here is fork for Franco Kernel for Mahdi Rom

Cyanomod 11 boot loopz

This kernel is only designed to run on the stock ROM the device ships with, same as any other device. Its highly unlikely Franco will make forks designed for specific roms how ever if you search you might find a modified Franco kernel for your favourite 3rd party rom in the Android Development section. Send me a link to the thread and I'll add a link in this thread.

Can I double tap to awake ma phonz?

This feature is built into the cyangenmod 11s rom and isn't dependant on kernel and functions just fine using Franco Kernel.

Wifi won't turnz on!

There seems to be an issue with the built in theme manager which can cause the WiFi settings to not be able to turn on or off. A simple reboot should fix this

When will colour controlz arrive?

Update 4/8/14 RGB sliders have been added. No Gamma control as of yet

There is some screens which have yellow areas or yellow tint to them. This might be because the glue hasn't completely cured under your screen which could cause the yellowish appearance. The screen was calibrated by Supercurio (to the best of my knowledge). The back end of being able to control the RGB filters is in place and Franco has requested to Supercurio to allow a user interface to control the RGB filter.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
18th November 2013, 03:00 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester

More
Nexus 5

Compatible Kitkat Romz

No order of favouritism here I will list in order posts reporting Franco kernel working with various roms.

1 Stock
2 Beanstalk
3 Purity
4 Cataclysm
5 Mahdi
6 Slimkat
7 T-Rex
8 Omnirom
9 AOSPA
10 Rastakat
11 Carbon Rom
12 Paranoid Android

4.4 < r58

Grab your downloads

Alternative Ports

@big_bum has made a port using influences from all over place, features include Franco + commits from Chaos(neobuddy89), Code blue (engstk) and Uber (Cl3Kener), + -Ofast + Linaro GCC 4.9.1 + BFQ + ZEN + F2F2 + KSM, always on latest 3.4.y and it works on CM too, if you flash the dedicated zip.

Double Tap / Sweep 2 Wakez

linaro build by @LaboDJ

and another by @PhantomGamers

Screen Back light flickers at low brightness

To disable the feature for super low back light feature which some users report flickering back light;

Open up a terminal emulator and type in su to gain root.

Then type in echo 0 > /sys/module/lm3630_bl/parameters/backlight_dimmer

Musicz clipping / glitching / pausing

Believe it or not this is quite a common issue over the history of android, especially quad core devices.

Disabling adblock software seems to of solved this issue for some and helped for others. The issue was a server containing the adblock hosts makes your network busy and causes errors with music.

If you are still facing issues with music not playing back smoothly bump the min CPU speed from 300mhz to 345mhz and that should do the trick. It will cost a little in battery life but your mp3 should work properly.

Flac support got broke in 4.4 and cause the CPU to ramp up high and get hot. Hopefully a fix will come within 4.4.3

When will colour controlz arrive?

THEY HAVE ARRIVED on 14/1/14!!

Download the file you want to your phone (see below) , use a file editor to remove the .txt extension and place the file in Internal storage\franco.kernel_updater\color_profiles\ . Then using the Franco app you can load any profile you have in that location. Turn the screen off and on to successfully load it. You can set on boot without any worry of any damage.

Primary host download (thanks @vomer)

Secondary host download

Here's a video thanks to @vomer on how to load profiles.

@yorici has started off his own thread dedicated to screen calibration, discussion and FAQ, its well worth a look if your interested in an accurate colour reproduction on your display.

Wherez da changlogzz?

You can veiw Franco's github and here

This is an easy summery

Quote:

* instead of running Qualcomms MPDecision to control the CPUs/touch boost I'm running my custom hot plug driver and the touch boost is 100% Kernel based instead of Google's solution that goes from the Kernel to user space, then to a file, then back to user space then back to the Kernel
* I'm using interactive governor heavily tuned, stock uses On demand who wastes too much time in higher frequencies
* Using my GPU governor which is more conservative than stock, and stock makes the GPU sleep at a higher frequency than it should (sleep as in a state between active and slumber, active being when the device is using the GPU, and slumber as in having the GPU device in deep sleep)
* Also has a ton less debugging than stock, which reduces overhead
* Has Wi-Fi patches from Google to reduce, immensely, the WLAN wake locks and general Wi-Fi drainage

That's mostly it in terms of battery improvements, probably something else that I missed, but everything is on my github.

Init.d

It will work on stock rom but you need busybox installed to system/xbin I suggest using one of the many apps on the play store

Quote:
Originally Posted by vomer

so I was thinking that you do not need to put all those quotes in here. How about just this:

Path to CPU:

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/

Path to GPU:

/sys/devices/fdb00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/

Path to Governer:

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/

This is all that is needed. You can like to my init.d post for a ready-made solution too. I doubt many people will want to mess with this manually.

Nexus 5 Specific Voltage Tables PVS 0-6

Someone requested the stock voltage tables, here they are for PVS binning 0-6 (covers all devices) thanks @SetiroN. Of course if you wanted to return to stock voltage unset on boot and reboot is easier. I found this info on the Nexus 5 CPU binning thread

Personal Settings Collections

The Gingerbread Man

vomer

Jamith

Nbsss

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
18th November 2013, 03:01 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester

More
Nexus 7 2013

Compatible Kitkat Romz

No order of favouritism here I will list in order posts reporting Franco kernel working with various roms.

1 Stock
2 Rastakat
3 Paranoid Android

Many old versions were made legacy android builds. Grab your downloads

Android ver F.K Build.

4.3 < r4
4.4 < r17

Alternative Ports

CAF compatible version maintained by @RobbieL811

Sabermod franco.Kernel*(caf & aosp ) by @zaclimon

When will Debz be added?

UPDATE @osm0sis got deb to work on 10/4/14. There's an os-fixed version to try below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Done. New r13: flo-fixed and deb-test up.

http://v.ht/osmod

Native USB-OTG working (ie. no app required), and hopefully fixed the governor issues with deb to make it fully functional (disabled mpdecision service and added interactive permissions tweaks to match the flo ramdisk).

@pietropizzi @poondog @franciscofranco

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietropizzi

Thanks osm0sis, it booted up fine with the fixed deb! Interactive was default and the FREQ-Range is fully used. I'll play some more with it but it looks good till now ! ��

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

Quote:

@franciscofranco Achievement Unlocked: Deb Support!

Someone go quote me in the N5 thread so he sees.

Colour Controlz

RGB sliders have been added in to the FKU beta app so finally we have a little control over our screens colour calibration. Personally I found my display just a touch too warm and now now longer is an issue now I have tuned it.

When you make a profile and save it, upload the file somewhere and leave a link and I'll download the file, then I'll upload to the collection and I'll keep them organised and rename to my OCD standard (I really don't like it when listed items have some starting with capitals and others not and spaces between words).

To load profiles you just need to download them and place the file in SD/Franco kernel updater/colour profiles, then go to the app and look for the desired file. If / when nexus display control app gets updated the same applies but put the files SD/nexus display control/colour profiles.

Nexus 7 2013 Screen Profiles

Snapdragon 600 or S4 Pro?

We have officially a s4 pro chip but better in a few aspects making it close to the snap dragon 600. The differences are explained very well below

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaclimon

Anandtech did open the device and saw that the cpu (APQ8064–1AA) is different from the one on the Original S4 pro. (APQ8064) The main difference is that there's Krait 300 cpu cores instead of Krait 200 like with the S4 Pro inside the Nexus 4, which makes it looks like more of a Snapdragon 600 than an actual S4 pro. The naming however I think is more because of the defafult clock speed (1.5 vs 1.7 in base SD600)

Here's the link if you need it:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7176/n...-mini-review/4

The Gingerbread Man
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
18th November 2013, 03:01 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester

More
Nexus 4

Compatible Kitkat Romz

1 Stock
2 Cataclysm
3 omniROM
4 Purity
5 Carbon
6 Slimkat
7 Paranoid Android
8 OverStock
9 Dirty Unicorn
10 Rastakat

Android ver. F.K Build.

4.2 > r165
4.3 > r193
4.4 > r203
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
18th November 2013, 03:01 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester

More
Nexus 10

Compatible Kitkat Romz

1 Stock
2 Slimkat
3 Rastakat

Android ver. F.K Build.

4.3 r13
4.4 r14
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
18th November 2013, 03:01 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester

More
Nexus 7 2012

Compatible Kitkat Romz

1 Stock
2 Slimkat
3 Rastakat
4 Shiney

Android. FKU Build no.

4.2 > r65
4.3 r75
4.4 > r76

Sysfs Commands (advanced level)

Quote:

Since there's finally a bit of interest in init.d scripts in here, here is a file I've been maintaining as a reference for myself for some time now, containing all the sysfs commands franco doesn't have in the 2nd posts of the GN and N7 threads. They are all set to the defaults as of r36x.

All of this is set in f.Ku, but hey, it never hurts to learn how it all works behind the scenes.

This is not a shell script, and cannot be run as one as-is; it's just a bunch of commands. UV should never be set with init.d in case they are unstable.

Code:
# CPU Clock
echo 1228800 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo 384000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 537600 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/screen_off_max_freq

# UV
echo "1450 1425 1400 1375 1350 1250 1225 1200 1050 900 850 800" > /sys/class/misc/customvoltage/mpu_voltages
echo "1375 1291 1140 950" > /sys/class/misc/customvoltage/iva_voltages
echo "1150 1050 950" > /sys/class/misc/customvoltage/core_voltages

# SR
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/smartreflex/sr_mpu/autocomp
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/smartreflex/sr_iva/autocomp
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/smartreflex/sr_core/autocomp # CORE no longer SR calibrated on FK

# Governor
echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo 15000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/above_hispeed_delay
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boost
echo 80000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse_duration
echo 95 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/go_hispeed_load
echo 729600 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/hispeed_freq
echo 45000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time
echo 85 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/target_loads
echo 15000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate
echo 80000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_slack

# I/O Scheduler
echo 1024 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/read_ahead_kb

echo "deadline" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler 
echo 500 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/read_expire
echo 5000 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/write_expire
echo 4 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/writes_starved
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/front_merges
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/fifo_batch

echo "row" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo 100 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/hp_read_quantum
echo 100 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/rp_read_quantum
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/lp_read_quantum
echo 2 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/hp_swrite_quantum
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/lp_swrite_quantum
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/rp_swrite_quantum
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/rp_write_quantum
echo 10 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/read_idle
echo 20 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/read_idle_freq

echo "cfq" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo 8 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/quantum
echo 125 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/fifo_expire_sync
echo 250 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/fifo_expire_async
echo 16384 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/back_seek_max
echo 2 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty
echo 93 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/slice_sync
echo 39 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/slice_async
echo 2 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/slice_async_rq
echo 7 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/slice_idle
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/group_idle
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/low_latency

echo "bfq" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo 4 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/quantum
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/max_budget
echo 4 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/max_budget_async_rq
echo 125 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/timeout_sync
echo 39 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/timeout_async
echo 20 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_coeff
echo 256 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_max_time
echo 7000 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_max_softrt_rate
echo 304 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_rt_max_time
echo 2000 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_min_idle_time
echo 500 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_min_inter_arr_async
echo "" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/weights

# CAB
echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/s6e8aa0/acl_set

# TCP Congestion Avoidance Algorithm
echo "westwood" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_congestion_control;

# N7-specific

echo 500 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpu_lp_max # LP core no longer used on FK

echo "1125 1100 1075 1050 1025 1000 975 950 925 900 875 850 825" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table

echo 2 > /sys/class/misc/tegra_hotplug_control/cores_on_touch
echo 60 > /sys/class/misc/tegra_hotplug_control/first_level
echo 50 > /sys/class/misc/tegra_hotplug_control/second_level # No longer used in newer driver in FK
echo 25 > /sys/class/misc/tegra_hotplug_control/third_level # No longer used in newer driver in FK

echo 0 > /sys/devices/tegradc.0/smartdimmer/enable
Here's a link to my post of the possible GPU OC frequencies on the N7.

Possible GPU OC Frequencies

Quote:

Here are the possible GPU values I found in the source.

Looking at it again you could probably grab any of the different clock values in the file from the 4 CORE sections starting at line 238, they're all CORE frequencies, just for different parts of the core like vde (video decoding engine), mpe (media processing engine), etc., and generally capping at the stock 416. I imagine they all just ramp within their brackets to whatever the closest one (without going over) is to what we set:

https://github.com/franciscofranco/G...a3_dvfs.c#L238

You'd end up with the following options:

Code:
228000, 234000, 247000, 267000, 275000, 285000,

304000, 332000, 352000, 361000, 380000,

400000, 408000, 416000, 437000, 446000, 484000,

600000, 625000

Edit: Metallice has supplied some more insight on the coded values. So we can mostly disregard the above.

So from https://github.com/franciscofranco/G...clocks.c#L3201 we get:

So in summary? The ones you should use based on the legitimate timings from the code are:

Code:
208, 260, 300, 312, 416, 520, 666, 750
But devs have also added some other intermediate steps in at the following mathematically appropriate spots which are good options and also make sense with other parts of the code (as seen in the first half of my post):

Code:
446, 484, 600, 625, 700
P.S. Don't try to underclock. Instant freeze.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
18th November 2013, 03:01 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester

More
Galaxy Nexus

Compatible Kitkat Romz

1 Stock
2 Paranoid Android
3 Paranoid Saberdroid
4 Slimkat
5 Omni
6 Carbon
7 AOKP
8 Shiney
9 official cyanogenmod
10 unofficial cyanogenmod

Android ver. F.K Build.

4.2 > r384
4.3 r395 JB
4.4 r395 KK

Whoz da Osmodz¿

@osm0sis has played a significant part in the development of the Franco kernel mostly on galaxy nexus and nexus 7 2012. He is a highly respected member and has fingers in several projects around xda including working directly on Franco's kernels for Gnex and N7. He takes Franco's kernel and with some help of the other Franco Dev Team help further optimise settings to ensure you guys always get the best setting for performance and battery. These include modifications to interactive governor and the Franco Dev Team spent along time optimising all the IO schedulers for best performance. These changes all got put through to the main Franco kernel. Since Franco doesn't have much time for Galaxy Nexus with all these newer devices Osm0sis is pretty much the main maintainer for it these days.

Sysfs Commands (advanced level)

Quote:

Since there's finally a bit of interest in init.d scripts in here, here is a file I've been maintaining as a reference for myself for some time now, containing all the sysfs commands franco doesn't have in the 2nd posts of the GN and N7 threads. They are all set to the defaults as of r36x.

All of this is set in f.Ku, but hey, it never hurts to learn how it all works behind the scenes.

This is not a shell script, and cannot be run as one as-is; it's just a bunch of commands. UV should never be set with init.d in case they are unstable.

Code:
# CPU Clock
echo 1228800 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo 384000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 537600 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/screen_off_max_freq

# UV
echo "1450 1425 1400 1375 1350 1250 1225 1200 1050 900 850 800" > /sys/class/misc/customvoltage/mpu_voltages
echo "1375 1291 1140 950" > /sys/class/misc/customvoltage/iva_voltages
echo "1150 1050 950" > /sys/class/misc/customvoltage/core_voltages

# SR
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/smartreflex/sr_mpu/autocomp
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/smartreflex/sr_iva/autocomp
echo 1 > /sys/kernel/debug/smartreflex/sr_core/autocomp # CORE no longer SR calibrated on FK

# Governor
echo "interactive" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo 15000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/above_hispeed_delay
echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boost
echo 80000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/boostpulse_duration
echo 95 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/go_hispeed_load
echo 729600 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/hispeed_freq
echo 45000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/min_sample_time
echo 85 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/target_loads
echo 15000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_rate
echo 80000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/timer_slack

# I/O Scheduler
echo 1024 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/read_ahead_kb

echo "deadline" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler 
echo 500 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/read_expire
echo 5000 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/write_expire
echo 4 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/writes_starved
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/front_merges
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/fifo_batch

echo "row" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo 100 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/hp_read_quantum
echo 100 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/rp_read_quantum
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/lp_read_quantum
echo 2 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/hp_swrite_quantum
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/lp_swrite_quantum
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/rp_swrite_quantum
echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/rp_write_quantum
echo 10 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/read_idle
echo 20 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/read_idle_freq

echo "cfq" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo 8 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/quantum
echo 93 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/slice_sync
echo 39 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/slice_async
echo 2 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/slice_async_rq
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/group_idle

echo "bfq" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler
echo 4 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/quantum
echo 0 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/max_budget
echo 4 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/max_budget_async_rq
echo 125 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/timeout_sync
echo 39 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/timeout_async
echo 20 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_coeff
echo 256 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_max_time
echo 7000 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_max_softrt_rate
echo 304 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_rt_max_time
echo 2000 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_min_idle_time
echo 500 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/raising_min_inter_arr_async
echo "" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/weights

# CAB
echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/s6e8aa0/acl_set

# TCP Congestion Avoidance Algorithm
echo "westwood" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_congestion_control;

osm0sis
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
18th November 2013, 03:01 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester

More
The Gingerbread Man Kernel and Device Settings Post

In this post I'll keep my settings for various settings for others to see and use for reference if they fancy trying some battery saving tweaks. Anything not mentioned or has --- means I have left as default value. Thanks @JNewms, @Nbsss, @vomer and anyone else who i haven't remembered for their testing so far in the main thread.

I will keep this post updated if anyone wants to book mark it for future reference

My devices

Phone; black nexus 5 16gb
Case; official black bumper
Screen protector; cruzerlite tru glass

Tablet; nexus 7 2013 black 16gb
Case; official Asus black flip case
Screen protector, some generic cheap one. Hoping for a @cruzerlite truglass

Nexus 5 Kernel Settings

CPU

Max 2265 (600) MHz
Min 300 (000) MHz
Interactive
Deadline

Hot Plug

Load threshold 80

GPU

450 (000000) MHz
Up threshold 50
Down threshold 25

Governor Control

Boost Duration 0
Go Highspeed Load 90
Highspeed Freq 1190 (400) MHz
Input Boost Freq 300 (000) MHz

Voltage Tables

Reference is the key word for undervolt especially as not all SoC are built to the same quality so any settings may not work for you and cause a reboot. Do not set on boot until you are certain with over 24 hours time without reboot set on boot. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! Voltage tables should be evaluated by the defaults and gradually reducing 25mv each time and isolating each CPU freq (set min and max to the same value). If you don't understand don't do it. Again warning given! Voltage can be reverted back to stock if you unset on boot and reboot, how ever if stuck in boot loop due to your own stupidity then fastboot flash boot boot.img stock kernel.

Per App Modes

Download all my pams, Franco's pam's & all custom paths

Very Low Power

I use this for;

Google Play Books, Omega 500, Hold'em ( low res poker), TriOmonies

Max CPU 729 (600) MHz
Input Boost 300 (000) MHz
GPU 200 (000000) MHz
Hot Plug Load Threshold 100
Go Hi Speed Freq 422 (400) MHz
Go Hi Speed Load 90
GPU Down Threshold 25
GPU Up Threshold 50

Low Power

I use this for very light apps, not CPU intensive tasks like;

Drastic (Nintendo DS emu), Dune 2, Google Maps, Klondike (solitaire), Shít Head

Max CPU 1267 (200) MHz
Input Boost 300 (000)Mhz
GPU 320 (000000) MHz
Go Hi Speed Freq 960 (000) MHz
Go Hi Speed Load 90
GPU Down Threshold 25
GPU Up Threshold 50

Gaming

I use this for games to keep CPU temps down to avoid thermal throttle;

DoomGles, Dungeon Quest, Mighty Dungeons, Monopoly, Nitro Nation, Riptide 2 GP, Sky Force 2014, Worms 2 Armageddon, Worms 3

Max CPU 1267 (200) MHz
Input Boost 300 (000) MHz
GPU 450 (000000) MHZ
Hot Plug Load Threshold 80
Go Hi Speed Freq 960 (000) Mhz
Go Hi Speed Load 90
GPU Down Threshold 15
GPU Up Threshold 25

Misc settings

Vibration amp 80
Headphone boost volume 2
Headset gain boost -1
Speaker gain 5

Google settings

Run time compiler ART
Google now on
Google location reporting and location history on
Location setting high accuracy

Screen Calibration

I use Yorici Calibrated Punch

These are profiles made by me

TGM_WP31(V1) (white point at 31)

TGM_WP32 (V1) (white point 32)

Nexus 7 2013 Kernel Settings

CPU

Max 1512 (000) MHz
Min 384 (000) MHz
Interactive
Deadline

Hot Plug

Load threshold 70

GPU

400 (000000) MHz
Up threshold 50
Down threshold 25

Governor Control

Boost Duration 0
Go Highspeed Load 90
Highspeed Freq 1026 (000) MHz
Input Boost Freq 384 (000) MHz

Voltage Tables

See nexus 5 warning above

Per App Modes

Download all my nexus 7 pams and all custom paths

Very Low Power

I use this for;

Google Play Books, Hold'em (poker), Omega 500, TriOmonies

Max CPU 702 (000) MHz
Input Boost 384 (000) Mhz
Boost Duration 0
GPU 128 (000000) MHz
Go Hi Speed Freq 422 (400) Mhz
Go Hi Speed Load 90
GPU Down Threshold 25
GPU Up Threshold 50

Low Power

I use this for;

Drastic (Nintendo DS emu), Dune 2, Google Maps, Klondike (solitaire), Shít Head

Max CPU 1026 (000) MHz
Input Boost 384 (000)MHz
Boost Duration 0
GPU 200 (000000) MHz
Hot Plug Load Threshold 70
Go Hi Speed Freq 918 (000) MHz
Go Hi Speed Load 90
GPU Down Threshold 25
GPU Up Threshold 50

Gaming

I use this for games to keep CPU temps down to avoid thermal throttle;

DoomGles, Dungeon Quest, Monopoly, Nitro Nation, Riptide 2 GP, Sky Force 2014, Worms 2 Armageddon, Worms 3

Max CPU 1242 (000) MHz
Input Boost 384 (000) MHz
Boost Duration 0
GPU 400 (000000) MHz
Hot Plug Load Threshold 70
Go Hi Speed Freq 702 (000) MHz
Go Hi Speed Load 90
GPU Down Threshold 15
GPU Up Threshold 25

Misc settings

Headphone boost volume 2
Headset gain boost -1
Speaker gain 3

Google settings

Run time compiler ART
Google now on
Google location reporting and location history on
Location setting high accuracy

Favourite Android Game

Its got to be DoomGLES which is the classic doom game we all loved from the 1990s but with improved graphics due to 3D hardware acceleration and using open gles. There is dynamic lighting and cool effects for water and blood, it really refreshes the game and makes it very fun. If you have the .wad files you can play all the full games, doom 1, doom 2, plutonia, TNT and allows you to load custom .iwad please don't ask me for the files for the games I cannot share them . There is a free version, I recommend you have a go and if you like it £1.73 really is bargain for the paid version!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
18th November 2013, 03:20 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gloucester

More
Change logs;

-on going- trying to list compatible roms over all devices

18/11/13 Initial post
18/11/13 fIx many spelling and grammor errors
18/11/13 added screen shots
18/11/13 added FAQ
18/11/13 added voltage tables
18/11/13 added some info about the kernel, features and a small peice about Franco
20/11/13 added device specific placeholders for questions about device specifics
20/11/13 added a poll but cocked it up
20/11/13 added y i lost rootz question
20/11/13 added some colours to text and played with text sizes, leet me know if this works for you visualy?
20/11/13 added 2 cores always online y question
21/11/13 update what about OTA explanation
21/11/13 updated why I loose root explanation and changed its location in the post
21/11/13 added screen shot for why I lost root
21/11/13 added a piece about Osm0sis and Osmod in Galaxy Nexus
21/11/13 updated a few sentences for grammar / spelling errors
21/11/13 added double tap / sweep to wake question
29/11/13 added a basic summarised kernel change log
30/11/13 edited colour control information about nexus 5
1/12/13 feeling quite proud of my thread
4/12/13 added question why colours have reverted back to stock removing the blue tint
5/12/13 edited OTAZ a little more
5/12/13 added instructions for 4 methods to install the kernel
5/12/13 added links to SDK manager and Google factory image page
5/12/13 added Return to stock rom
6/12/13 further editing of OTA and edited return to stock rom
19/12/13 added links for unofficial n5 builds with tap 2 wake
19/12/13 added a link to a lengthy discussion about tunables on galaxy nexus
21/12/13 posted link to very comprehensive guide by @droidphile about governor and tunables, many thanks much better than I could have done and over 1,500 thanks for 1 post is insane!
25/12/13 updated set on boot
27/12/13 another spell check session
15/1/14 updated colour controls nexus 5
16/1/14 removed old stuff for old colour tuning and added link to my drop box containing colour profiles
18/1/14 remove the bit about antutu
18/1/14 edited color control explanation a little
19/1/14 mini faq colour control added with perms from yorici
22/1/14 edited wording for my instructions on colour profile loading
22/1/14 added Q about deb support
7/2/14 updated set on boot section
11/2/14 lots of small improvements and updating 1st post sections
15/2/14 updated double tap etc etc wake section
18/2/14 edited cyanogen ROM
18/2/14 added fast charge
18/2/14 added moar pretty screen shots
23/2/14 major restructure of OP with a post per device. Massive thanks to @ApriliaM3
23/2/14 added a few new pictures
25/2/14 edit and update nexus 5 info, colours, music
25/2/14 added Greenify info to universal
25/2/14 added Wah 100z of Kernal which one for old Androidz for all device showing kernel to use for all supported android versions!
26/2/14 lots of info added for GN and N7-1 thanks Osm0is for the pointers there buddy
26/2/14 added Colour Profilez Q to universal section
3/3/14 added link to guide to fastboot
3/3/14 thread moved from nexus 5 q&a to android general section
9/3/14 edited the info about interactive gov
10/3/14 removes text heavy quotes to remove 6 billion characters from nexus 5 and replaced with links to specific posts
10/3/14 organise post 2 a bit, added a couple of new [email protected]'s
10/3/14 moved items about application settings to post 1
12/3/14 alot of tidy up links, resizing stuff and maintance
13/3/14 tidy up moar links! Added a few more pictures, updated per app mode images and replaced nexus 5 image.
23/7/14 added one plus one. Moved setting post. Edited CPU setting and Pam's. Lots of other stuff I probably forgot.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Gingerbread Man For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Gingerbread Man Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
franco kernel nexus 5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)