[ROM][I605]Official Nightlies CM11.0[KTU84P][4.4.4]

Search This thread

forrestcate

Dec 25, 2012
Google Pixel 7
what recovery are you using?

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Just wanted to add that this is the first time running AOSP for quite some time. Overall CM11 is pretty damn good for such an early release. It still has a few quirks, that will keep it from being my daily, but I do look forward to trying it again after a few updates.

Glad you are here

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: droidstyle

ztotherad

Aug 17, 2011
Illinois
OnePlus 9 Pro
Found a HUUUUUUUGE bug. This doesn't seem right to me... am I missing something? Am I on KitKat or JellyBean? Lol
7aquha9y.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

aha, your phone must be confused

nosit1

May 19, 2010
Arizona
After installing this ROM and restoring my backup of GMD Gesture Control via Titanium Backup, I was unable to use any gestures. Even after updating to the newest version (which fixed 4.4 compatibility according to the dev) it didn't work. I was able to get it working by uninstalling the app and redownloading it. Just posting my solution for anyone else affected. I'll continue to post any bugs I find, but this is pretty damn solid for such an early release!! Been using it as my DD since Friday (11/15).

Dalvik or ART?

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Just wanted to make a note, seen a few comments on the lack of recent apps when longpress home.
after a bit of pondering... if you havent noticed yet longpress home acts as menu press....
simple solution. remap right menu captive button to APP_SWITCH. so for now those of us that heavily use the recent app feature can still feed out multi tasking needs.

simple as editing the /system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl from

Code:
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
key 139 [COLOR="Red"]MENU [/COLOR]VIRTUAL

TO

Code:
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
key 139 [COLOR="red"]APP_SWITCH [/COLOR]VIRTUAL

save changes, exit, reboot, profit

nacjacks

Nov 7, 2008
Just wanted to make a note, seen a few comments on the lack of recent apps when longpress home.
after a bit of pondering... if you havent noticed yet longpress home acts as menu press....
simple solution. remap right menu captive button to APP_SWITCH. so for now those of us that heavily use the recent app feature can still feed out multi tasking needs.

simple as editing the /system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl from

Code:
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
key 139 [COLOR="Red"]MENU [/COLOR]VIRTUAL

TO

Code:
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
key 139 [COLOR="red"]APP_SWITCH [/COLOR]VIRTUAL

save changes, exit, reboot, profit

Finally have recent apps again, thanks for this workaround.

Update: retraining myself to longpress home instead of hitting menu is harder than I expected.

Last edited:

celyko

Jan 4, 2013
Google Pixel 3 XL
Moto G Stylus 5G
Anyone having trouble when turning the phone on? Whenever I press the power button the menu and back lights come on, but the screen doesn't come on. Have to press and wait 2 or 3 times to get it to work. Also can't open in private tabs on the stock Internet browser without it force closing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

NeoandGeo

Jan 25, 2011
Working pretty good the couple hours I have used it. I am getting screen tearing though like vertical sync is off. Any way to fix this?

Also the sensors don't allow Google Sky Maps or Star Chart to work right currently. Other than that, it works well, hopefully there isn't any battery drain.

Last edited:

guardianali

Dec 18, 2009
Why is System taking up 6gigs? Just came from TW

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

PreReqs: Unlocked Bootloader

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0:
    - Copy CM11.0 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

BUG LIST
    -BT Voice Search

[Nightlies] http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i605

[GAPPS 4.4] http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps#Downloads

Change log http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/i605/next

Source http://github.com/CyanogenMod
    be on the lookout for a cm12 thread in the next week ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
    Almost there. Accelerometer, light, gyro, barometer, and prox sensors are working. Need to fix gravity, linear accel, magnetic, and orientation. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    update OP with a new build. L900 is coming next.
    new build up. Probably last one before I push for nightlies.