1,009 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,152

By sbrissen, Inactive Recognized Developer on 12th November 2013, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2013, 04:22 AM |#191  
Thanks Meter: 2,613

Donate to Me
More
Just wanted to make a note, seen a few comments on the lack of recent apps when longpress home.
after a bit of pondering... if you havent noticed yet longpress home acts as menu press....
simple solution. remap right menu captive button to APP_SWITCH. so for now those of us that heavily use the recent app feature can still feed out multi tasking needs.

simple as editing the /system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl from

Code:
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
TO

Code:
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
key 139 APP_SWITCH VIRTUAL
save changes, exit, reboot, profit
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to runandhide05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift runandhide05 Ad-Free
19th November 2013, 05:12 AM |#192  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05

Just wanted to make a note, seen a few comments on the lack of recent apps when longpress home.
after a bit of pondering... if you havent noticed yet longpress home acts as menu press....
simple solution. remap right menu captive button to APP_SWITCH. so for now those of us that heavily use the recent app feature can still feed out multi tasking needs.

simple as editing the /system/usr/keylayout/sec_touchkey.kl from

Code:
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
TO

Code:
key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
key 139 APP_SWITCH VIRTUAL
save changes, exit, reboot, profit

Finally have recent apps again, thanks for this workaround.

Update: retraining myself to longpress home instead of hitting menu is harder than I expected.
19th November 2013, 05:12 AM |#193  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
What is everybody using for a kernel with this?
19th November 2013, 05:42 AM |#194  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Anyone having trouble when turning the phone on? Whenever I press the power button the menu and back lights come on, but the screen doesn't come on. Have to press and wait 2 or 3 times to get it to work. Also can't open in private tabs on the stock Internet browser without it force closing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
19th November 2013, 06:33 AM |#195  
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
My Google voice texts don't push. I have to open the app to check for new texts.
19th November 2013, 08:16 AM |#196  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues532

What is everybody using for a kernel with this?

I don't think there are any 4.4 AOSP kernels out yet. Getting smooth performance and great battery on stock kernel though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th November 2013, 12:48 PM |#197  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Could someone please tell me what ART is? =/

19th November 2013, 01:11 PM |#198  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Working pretty good the couple hours I have used it. I am getting screen tearing though like vertical sync is off. Any way to fix this?

Also the sensors don't allow Google Sky Maps or Star Chart to work right currently. Other than that, it works well, hopefully there isn't any battery drain.
19th November 2013, 01:15 PM |#199  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgegore1990

Could someone please tell me what ART is? =/

Android Run Time. It is new to Kit Kat. You can do a google search for more info.
19th November 2013, 01:56 PM |#200  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Why is System taking up 6gigs? Just came from TW

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th November 2013, 03:58 PM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosit1

Dalvik or ART?

Sorry forgot to mention I'm using Dalvik. Never toggled ART at all.

I'm also seeing enormous battery drain. Like took it off the charger 3.5 hrs ago and down to 79% battery w/ 30min of screen on and no heavy usage. BBS and Wakelock Detector aren't compatible with 4.4 yet so I can't drill down to specifics, but the culprit appears to be Google Services.

I did have High Accuracy Location Mode set. I just switched to Battery Saving to see if it makes a difference. Google Location Reporting and History are on, because I find their Google Now integration useful and I'd hate to lose it.

This was a clean wipe from a TW 4.1.2 ROM. Used latest CWM. I did restore some user apps + data from TiBu. I'm considering trying a full wipe and reinstall tonight, or possibly just going back to a 4.3 ROM for a little while. Loving 4.4 but this battery drain has been frustrating.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)