[GUIDE][TUT]make/Port any bootanimation..USING VIDEO/FRAMES

Search This thread

deathviper

Feb 1, 2012
www.facebook.com
make/Port any boot animation
USING VIDEO/FRAMES

Firstly download these:-

1.Boot animation creator.(the main desc.txt file creator{software by despotovski01})
2.Image Resizer.(it resize your images)
3.Video pad editor.(it converts your video in image frames)
{NOTE:- THESE ALL SOFTWARE ARE FREE, NOTHING ILLEGAL 'OR' AGAINST XDA TERMS }

MAKING NEW BOOTANIMS
STEPS:-
1. Install the Video pad editor, it is bundle software………….. open PhotoStage Slideshow Producer(avaliable in that bundle)
1.jpg

3. Click on add media and select your video your choice(Here I m using wheelie Fire)
2.jpg

4. Select your video in media List panel
3.jpg

5. Then select ADD TO SHOW.
6. By this your video is added
7. Now click on QUICK CREATE (the magic wand button on top).
4.jpg

8. See the setting and press EXPORT NOW.
9. A dialog box now appears click “Add to Sequence end”.
10. In resolution use custom(240X320).
5.jpg

Congratulation your video frame created……..
6.jpg

1. Open bootanimation creator(download link ^ up).
7.jpg

8.jpg

3. click Choose Folder(make sure ur frame is in a folder like rootfolder>frame folder>frame file pics. In root folder there should not be any other file except the frame folder like in next screen shot)
9.jpg

4. Now select the folder (rootfolder, in which the frame folder exist)
10.jpg

6. Now its step.2 select add loop>select movie1(folder name it sholud be 1 or more) in dropbox list>set loop matter to you.
7. Click next save you boot anim…..
(more info click here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27221250#post27221250)
Your boot anim created…

PORTING BOOTANIMS
If your bootanim is not your device compability use this like in screen shot u can see pic is larger…
11.jpg

1. Install the image resizer(download link ^ up).
Open the folder of bootanim and select all then right click select Resize Pictures.
12.jpg

2. Select custom in radio button, in droplistbox select stretch to then enter resolution(i.e.240X320) pic13….
4. Then delete the larger resolution pic
5. After that all pic are in 240X320
6. Open bootanimation creator(download link ^ up).
13.jpg

1. Open bootanimation creator(download link ^ up).
7.jpg

8.jpg

3. click Choose Folder(make sure ur frame is in a folder like rootfolder>frame folder>frame file pics. In root folder there should not be any other file except the frame folder like in next screen shot)
9.jpg

4. Now select the folder (rootfolder, in which the frame folder exist)
10.jpg

6. Now its step.2 select add loop>select movie1(folder name it sholud be 1 or more) in dropbox list>set loop matter to you.
7. Click next save you boot anim…..
(more info click here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27221250#post27221250)
Your boot anim created…
BOOT ANIM PORTED…..​

FOR QUERY/QUESTION REPLY………….
NOTE: IF YOU ARE COPING MY GUIDE/TUT PLS FIRST TELL ME ON XDA(@deathviper), gmail(exploreaamir2011@gmail.com), facebook(www.facebook.com/exandrok), g+(Aamir Ali)

YOU CAN THANKS ME FOR MY HELP

Red Devil

Oct 25, 2012
Mumbai
Nice guide.. I own a legacy phone.. which is MDPI .. most of the times when we build new ROMs for our device from source.. the bootanimation is prebuilt and the bootanim is for hdpi or higher.. most of the times.. so I think this will help us a lot !! :) Thanks

synt3k

Jul 31, 2012
Austin, TX
Now that I have a valid bootanimaion.zip file that works if I place it in /system/media, is it possible to somehow make it so that I can easily install it by flashing it via TWRP? Manually copying the file over and setting the correct permissions can get tedious when flashing new nightlies on a nearly daily basis..

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Now that I have a valid bootanimaion.zip file that works if I place it in /system/media, is it possible to somehow make it so that I can easily install it by flashing it via TWRP? Manually copying the file over and setting the correct permissions can get tedious when flashing new nightlies on a nearly daily basis..

Correct, you can create a flashable.zip quite easily to be flashed either phone specific or to nearly any phone with the same screen size (or different size but it may look terrible)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bitemeoftn

Feb 2, 2011
Correct, you can create a flashable.zip quite easily to be flashed either phone specific or to nearly any phone with the same screen size (or different size but it may look terrible)

Does the video have to be in a specific format? I.E. mp4, h.264, avi? I'm trying to use an mp4 file and everytime I get to the part where I'm supposed to export the only option I get is to create.

synt3k

Jul 31, 2012
Austin, TX

Unfortunately I don't have access to any Windows PCs, only Mac & Linux. Is there a way to package my bootanimation.zip file so that I can "install" it via TWRP, which essentially would just be to copy that file to /system/media and set the permissions. How can I do this?

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Unfortunately I don't have access to any Windows PCs, only Mac & Linux. Is there a way to package my bootanimation.zip file so that I can "install" it via TWRP, which essentially would just be to copy that file to /system/media and set the permissions. How can I do this?

no worries, there is zero need for windows, actually if anything i would prefer Linux
just take a working flashable.zip ROM for your phone and extract contents
throw away all folders inside but META-INF
place bootanimation.zip in same folder level as META-INF (not in META-INF but same level if you know what i mean)
then open up META-INF/com/google./android
open the updater script in gedit or whatever unix format text editor
erase all in there and replace with something like
Code:
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
ui_print("Installing Bootanimation");    
package_extract("bootanimation.zip", "/system/media");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/media/bootanimation.zip");
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "umount", "/system");
ui_print("Enjoy your new Bottanimation by:synt3k");
now save
Then zip up bootanimation.zip and META-INF
name it whatever
sign it (lots of methods to do so, ask if you need help)
flash away!

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Does the video have to be in a specific format? I.E. mp4, h.264, avi? I'm trying to use an mp4 file and everytime I get to the part where I'm supposed to export the only option I get is to create.

couldn't tell you, ask OP as this isn't my thread
all bootanimations I have made have been by different methods but plan to try this out
but i would assume MP4 should be fine

po8pimp

Request you add the restrictions on the video files you use... I tried doing this with a video of 26sec, which was around 500 frames. Did not work. Broke it down to around 200 and it worked. I have not pushed until the limit was reached. Don't know if it is frame amount or size limit. Also if you use jpg vice png or bmp, you will save a lot on size. DVDVideoSoft, Fotosizer, and Advanced Renamer to build mine.

zubsz

Nov 4, 2011
Birmingham, UK
blank

all I'm getting is a blank screen when booting. I've followed all the steps and even resized my images to match my device. 800X480 for samsung galaxy s2. I've also changed the permissions and moved it to system/media I'm on 4.3 custom aosp rom.

Last edited:

meanhacker

Aug 21, 2012
if I want to share an animation, are there any good GIF making programs that will make small file-sized animations so I can share on the forum? thanks!

Something wrong happened for me.. the tablet is stuck at the end of the bootanimation..
After couple of restarts and wiping dalvik the system starts and i managed to replace it with the original bootanimation.
So like po8pimp said.. I hope you add some restrictions.

.. @demkantor

Package_extract gave me a status 6 error.
So I added " _dir " created two folders system/media.. then included the zip inside it and installed without errors.

Thank you.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
It depends on your folder structure if you need _dir or not

Top Liked Posts