Android 4.3 Release Thread: Speculation, facts, ideas

Search This thread

tyrantsbane

Jun 26, 2012
Hurray for Loser!

Question, does the method in this forum ( zip file that returns everything to unrooted stock) work or should I just odin it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Threezees

Dec 28, 2010
Back on 4.1.2 downloading update. Why couldn't AT&T just release it through kies instead of OTA. It would've made it so much easier!

I think (and maybe it was just my phone) that MG2 wasn't compatible with KIES. It would never work for me (the firmware check through KIES) after upgrading to MG2, stating it was not supported.

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
Initial unconfirmed reports suggest, we DONT have KNOW in the 4.3 AT&T update. This will be the best news if true

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
Uploading the OTA right now. It will only work if you're on 4.1.2.
I'm going to remove everything but the system/kernel and create a flashable zip for everybody.

Do we have the knox in the official version?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I'm going to remove everything but the system/kernel and create a flashable zip for everybody.

Secondly, you mean stock rom or the one i use i.e. Your 4.1.2 which is superior then the stock. Lol

Fendulon

Sep 21, 2010

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Secondly, you mean stock rom or the one i use i.e. Your 4.1.2 which is superior then the stock. Lol

I imagine he hasn't had the opportunity to mod the ROM yet. It'll just be the stock 4.3 ROM.

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012
I imagine he hasn't had the opportunity to mod the ROM yet. It'll just be the stock 4.3 ROM.

Don't think my question was clear. I asked to flash the ota flashable file which loserskater is cooking for us, we need to be on stock 4.1.2 or Srx 4.1.2

Fendulon

Sep 21, 2010
Don't think my question was clear. I asked to flash the ota flashable file which loserskater is cooking for us, we need to be on stock 4.1.2 or Srx 4.1.2

Ahhh, I see what you mean now. Well, I can't answer that with any certainty.

Also, as far as I can see, this does indeed have knox.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050358&fm_seq=55362

This indicates we do anyway.

Last edited:

loserskater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 6, 2008
Palmdale, CA

Haven't actually flashed yet.

And yes, you will be able to flash it on any rom.

Knox is there.

Reactions: loserskater

HiKsFiles

Aug 7, 2010
Québec city
Any knowledge as to wheter or not it'll be safe to flash on a i747m or if we can expect the same kind of data problems canadian users are experiencing with the leaked version ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to personally thank loserskater and enewman for their time, and at least one device, on this update. Their hard work is definitely appreciated by me. Thanks guys.
    Kies will not work to update to 4.3 because it is OTA only. I have upgraded everything including bootloaders but will not be testing a downgrade because I do not want to go back to 4.1.x and because I need this device. @enewman17 has an extra device that he might try it on. One thing I noticed is that wifi was not working until I upgraded the bootloader and that is similar to the tmo release, which isn't a good sign because if it is similar to the tmo release, downgrading is how a few of them have hard bricked.

Auto root does work, and it works well. No need to mess with selinux at all. Knox has caused a few issues and will likely need to be removed but selinux hasn't been causing any issues yet. Another thing is that I've rebooted multiple times and root has been perfect.

I'm going to warn everyone. if you update to this I don't think you can downgrade your bootloaders. I just bricked my extra S3 trying to downgrade. I can't say for sure that is what caused it but I'm fairly certain. So please do not flash any of the recovery flashable bootloaders we have floating around in the threads if you have updated to the new 4.3 OTA
    First of all thanks for doing this...
    Have a question for you... Ur ROM doesnt have root. So can i root it? Or there is no reliable rooting method for 4.3 version. Last i used cf root in 4.1.2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Doing a system dump right now and then will try auto root

I am guessing that they used patch files inside? Like they did with the ATT S4 4.3 update. This would probably be why you would have to be on 4.1.2 firmware? Hopefully we can get the FULL Odin style package from it if this is the case.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

That's correct. I doubt we'll see a odin tar. Not sure what AT&T's MO is, but I don't like the lack of odin files.
    I'm going to do what I did with the 4.1.2 OTA update. Flash it and dump everything then create a flashable zip.
    Here is the stock OTA update. flash in recovery. This was taken straight from my device.
    This will put you at stock 4.3! No root, custom recovery, or any kind of modification was made to this.
    You MUST be on stock 4.1.2 or it will fail to flash. Use this if you were on the 4.3 leak or if it says you're up to date.

I shoudn't have to say it but I747 only!

Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291680116

NOTE: Some users on the Tmo forums have complained of not being able to flash anything other than 4.3 in odin after upgrading. You should be able to flash a cutom recovery, but if you're unsure about 4.3 and want to stick with 4.1.x then DO NOT flash this. I'm currently working on a modified 4.3 with only system, boot.img, and modem and will have something up soon.