Update 4.4 rollout

Search This thread

ianmedina

Jun 21, 2011
How to flash the update via twrp? I tried transferring it to sdcard then flash it then it fails.. It says something about system app bluetooth.apk...

I need ur help guys. Tell me the step by step

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Sheldor1967

Jul 23, 2011
Akron, Oh
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
OTA?

So, I am already 4.4, but just got an update...I had no idea if it would work or not since I'm rooted, but I accepted it...Notice it said, "Optimizing Apps" after it said "Updating Apps". I had never seen that before...Then it says "Android Updating" and it started...Seems to have worked...not sure it's any less laggy yet...will post if I notice...

tabuser

Dec 12, 2010
Some 20 days after Google announced the Android 4.4 update, and 8 days after they confirmed that the 4.4 ota update was being sent out, and 1 day after Google started rolling out another 4.4 ota update I'm still on Android 4.3.

I'm still scratching my head as to why Google didn't inform customers of the bugs in the KRT16O version to explain to them why they were not recieving the update so long after Google confirmed it was being sent out.

Regardless, I gave up waiting and tried to flash the KRT16S image to my Nexus 7 (2012 wifi), unfortunately what ever I tried I could not get Windows Vista to recognize my tablet while in recovery.

Normally when I connect my tablet to my pc it is imediately recognized by windows. when I connect my tablet to my pc while in adb recovery it will not connect even after clicking the USB driver folders when Windows asks for them.

I've seached xda for suggestions to resolve this, and tried the following:

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and tried installing latest Google USB drivers as well ast the latest Asus nexus 2012 usb drivers. I also tried with USB debugging both on and off, and with my device in both MTP and PTP, again all without success.

I guess I have to wait another week or more for the ota update.

Thanks Google for not just providing an update link in the Google Play store.

Last edited:

musjim

Sep 8, 2013
Some 20 days after Google announced the Android 4.4 update, and 8 days after they confirmed that the 4.4 ota update was being sent out, and 1 day after Google started rolling out another 4.4 ota update I'm still on Android 4.3.

I'm still scratching my head as to why Google didn't inform customers of the bugs in the KRT16O version to explain to them why they were not recieving the update so long after Google confirmed it was being sent out.

Regardless, I gave up waiting and tried to flash the KRT16S image to my Nexus 7 (2012 wifi), unfortunately what ever I tried I could not get Windows Vista to recognize my tablet while in recovery.

Normally when I connect my tablet to my pc it is imediately recognized by windows. when I connect my tablet to my pc while in adb recovery it will not connect even after clicking the USB driver folders when Windows asks for them.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and tried installing latest Google USB drivers as well ast the latest Asus nexus 2012 usb drivers. I also tried with USB debugging both on and off, and with my device in both MTP and PTP, again all without success.

Steps to install Android 4.4 KRT160 KitKat official update on Nexus 7 2013 [For Non-rooted]

Step-1: Download Android 4.4 KRT160 KitKat official firmware for Nexus 7 to the computer. Rename it to update.zip

Step-2: Connect and mount the Nexus 7 USB memory on computer using the USB cable

Step-3: Transfer the update.zip to the SD card of the tablet. The file should be in the SD card root, not in any folder

Step-4: Power off the tablet and enter into the Bootloader Mode. To do so, turn on the Nexus tablet while pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together until the Fastboot menu and Start appear on the screen

Step-5: Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Press Volume Up for a few times until you see RECOVERY then press the Power button to select it

Step-6: An exclamation mark should appear. Hold Volume Up and Power buttons together again. You should see the Recovery Mode menu

Step-7: In recovery mode, select update from SD card then select update.zip using Power button and confirm installation

Step-8: After the installation is completed, the Nexus tablet will boot and it would take about five minutes to boot for the first time

Happy flashing.

Reactions: shezzuk1

Starphish

Jan 23, 2012
I flashed the Google image for 4.4 yesterday, and had to reinstall SuperSU to regain root. Today 4.4 OTA arrived on top of my 4.4 KTR16O, so I'm now updating that...

Just finished update and 4.4 is asking for a backup account. Build now shows KRT16S. But, I've lost root, so back to flash SuperSU from via Wug's Tool Kit

Last edited:

tabuser

Dec 12, 2010
Steps to install Android 4.4 KRT160 KitKat official update on Nexus 7 2013 [For Non-rooted]

Step-1: Download Android 4.4 KRT160 KitKat official firmware for Nexus 7 to the computer. Rename it to update.zip

Step-2: Connect and mount the Nexus 7 USB memory on computer using the USB cable

Step-3: Transfer the update.zip to the SD card of the tablet. The file should be in the SD card root, not in any folder

Step-4: Power off the tablet and enter into the Bootloader Mode. To do so, turn on the Nexus tablet while pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together until the Fastboot menu and Start appear on the screen

Step-5: Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Press Volume Up for a few times until you see RECOVERY then press the Power button to select it

Step-6: An exclamation mark should appear. Hold Volume Up and Power buttons together again. You should see the Recovery Mode menu

Step-7: In recovery mode, select update from SD card then select update.zip using Power button and confirm installation

Step-8: After the installation is completed, the Nexus tablet will boot and it would take about five minutes to boot for the first time

Happy flashing.

I very much appreciate the input. I have a 2012 Nexus 7 (wifi), not a 2013 version.

When I get into the recovery menu the options are "reboot system now", "apply update from ADB", "wipe date/factory reset", and "wipe cache partition"

there is no menu option for "select update from SD card".

bobbytomorow

Jun 18, 2010
West Coast
I very much appreciate the input. I have a 2012 Nexus 7 (wifi), not a 2013 version.

When I get into the recovery menu the options are "reboot system now", "apply update from ADB", "wipe date/factory reset", and "wipe cache partition"

Do you know how to use adb and adb sideload? You can always choose "apply update from adb" and then on your PC "adb sideload <filename of update.zip>"

tabuser

Dec 12, 2010
Do you know how to use adb and adb sideload? You can always choose "apply update from adb" and then on your PC "adb sideload <filename of update.zip>"

This conversation had its start a number of posts ago where I could not get Windows Vista to recognize my nexus 7 while in recovery no matter what xda recomendations I followed.

The most recent responder suggested an alternate procdure to which you see my response.

arturooo

May 11, 2013
Gliwice

Download file - http://click.xda-developers.com/api...13088e35.zip&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13849803778656

Then go to recovery, choose "apply update from ADB" turn on in CMD adb, and enter command adb sideload <filename.zip>
I just done that steps and it has worked ;)

tabuser

Dec 12, 2010
Download file - http://click.xda-developers.com/api...13088e35.zip&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13849803778656

Then go to recovery, choose "apply update from ADB" turn on in CMD adb, and enter command adb sideload <filename.zip>
I just done that steps and it has worked ;)

Please refer to above post my computer does not recognize my nexus 7 while in recovery.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Please refer to above post my computer does not recognize my nexus 7 while in recovery.

Originally Posted by tabuser

Happy flashing.

Thanks

My Response:

rcsrich

Jan 30, 2011
Richmond, VA

Why the 2012 N7 does not have the ability to flash updates from the stock recovery is beyond me and a serious oversight that Google should fix...my GS3 stock recovery has the option and it is "locked down" Samsung we're talking about here. Not everyone has access to a PC, Google.

waxlabo

Jan 3, 2011
This conversation had its start a number of posts ago where I could not get Windows Vista to recognize my nexus 7 while in recovery no matter what xda recomendations I followed.

The most recent responder suggested an alternate procdure to which you see my response.

Do you have USB debugging turned on? Also do you have PdaNet installed? That would help with the drivers.

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Hi guys I have a 2012 n7 wifi but I still havent got the ota yet. Im in uk. Anyone else not getting ota??

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

hasbrobot

May 22, 2010
It's not been released unto the masses via ota yet.

Why is the right door always locked?

jwhistler

Aug 23, 2010
TCL 10 5G
Moto G Stylus 5G
Not getting past 4.4 boot screen

N7 (2012) on JWR66Y, rooted, unlocked with TWRP 2.6. Placed OTA in the root folder and flashed via TWRP. All installed fine and when reboot, it stays on the new boot screen and doesn't go past. Had to restore via TWRP to 4.3

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Tried again and during the flash process I get "Failed" when updating partition table...

Last edited:

hazwheel

Feb 19, 2011
Essex
Hi guys I have a 2012 n7 wifi but I still havent got the ota yet. Im in uk. Anyone else not getting ota??

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

I'm in the UK too and didn't get it so I flashed it with wugfreshes toolkit. Funny thing was, as soon as it booted up I got the update sent through for the 16S update :what:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Syncd

Nov 17, 2013
So, I am already 4.4, but just got an update...I had no idea if it would work or not since I'm rooted, but I accepted it...Notice it said, "Optimizing Apps" after it said "Updating Apps". I had never seen that before...Then it says "Android Updating" and it started...Seems to have worked...not sure it's any less laggy yet...will post if I notice...

I got this too. I flashed the 4.4 image factory, and yesterday got a OTA update saying it was going to update to 4.4...?. Anyway, it was only 1.4 MB so i think it is only some bugfixes. Everything seems to work fine tough.

nigelw

Apr 21, 2006
My Nexus 2012 is now incredibly slow. I'm trying to update some apps and it's taking 10 minutes to download and install a 2MB app. The system is unresponsive, when I try to do something like Tapatalk, it says it's unresponsive.

What are my options? Factory reset?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Base URL android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_nakasi/

filename
    13088e35942c77e4752aa1fdf51d54472509b941.signed-nakasi-KRT16O-from-JWR66Y.13088e35.zip
    To bring us back on topic, I can vouch that at least I have my N7 plugged into my computer with a logcat running, as well as another command window open for the dropbox dialog.

I'm checking the logcat every few minutes in case it does a background download. If I see it before anybody else does, I'll post it within minutes.
    If anyone gets the OTA do this before you reboot:

adb devices

adb logcat -d -f /sdcard/logcat.txt *:V

and post the link.
    I have the notification. What command do I type in Terminal Emulator (I'm having some troubles getting adb to recognize my device)?

Sorry, false alarm. it was just Nexus Update Checker.

vader.jpg