Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ported onto a Nokia N9

Search This thread

usmanjavid

Feb 27, 2011
multan/BHakkar/pakistan
While the Nokia N9 might be Nokia’s first and last efforts at a MeeGo device, it certainly does not meant that developers for the handset have given up entirely as well. As you can see in the photo above, one particular developer has uploaded the picture onto his Twitter account, clearly showing what appears to be Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean running on the N9. We can’t tell if this is for real or if it is a fake, but if it is real, this is most definitely good news for N9 users who might be looking to give their device a new lease on life, much like how the HP TouchPad saw a recent surge in popularity due to its ability to run Android ROMs on it. It’s also hard to tell how far along this port is, but we will be sure to keep an eye out for more news regarding its status and availability, so stay tuned!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AyCNP06CEAAxbg5.jpg

i hope for n9 forum and xda work on this greetings from pakistan

hackint0sh

May 25, 2008
Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg
Hey,

how can we get behind this? Want to know how to get this Android, etc. Would also like to see a Nokia N9 section.. think it's one of the most amazing smartphones ever built.. like N900. Classic.

As I recently got a brand new n9 64gb as a present by my girlfriend today <3 :good::laugh: :silly: *happy*

Kind regards from Germany

Sleeper1979

Sep 18, 2012
Would love to see that!

I am ready working over the android port for the N9 as i have it with me as my 4th spare device. If i get 100 people at least asking or supporting this, i am ready starting this.

Really hope that you will start working on the N9. :fingers-crossed: I really love the phone, and I think it's a shame that it was pretty much left to die by Nokia. I've heard rumours about maybe a Jolla Sailfish port? I ain't no genius when it comes to programming, but, I do have a Nokia N9 and the will to help out in whatever testing you might need done. :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While the Nokia N9 might be Nokia’s first and last efforts at a MeeGo device, it certainly does not meant that developers for the handset have given up entirely as well. As you can see in the photo above, one particular developer has uploaded the picture onto his Twitter account, clearly showing what appears to be Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean running on the N9. We can’t tell if this is for real or if it is a fake, but if it is real, this is most definitely good news for N9 users who might be looking to give their device a new lease on life, much like how the HP TouchPad saw a recent surge in popularity due to its ability to run Android ROMs on it. It’s also hard to tell how far along this port is, but we will be sure to keep an eye out for more news regarding its status and availability, so stay tuned!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AyCNP06CEAAxbg5.jpg

i hope for n9 forum and xda work on this greetings from pakistan
    Pretty cool. I like the design of that device, as well as the Lumia, so this might make for a fun project phone.
    I am ready working over the android port for the N9 as i have it with me as my 4th spare device. If i get 100 people at least asking or supporting this, i am ready starting this.