FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

To delete

2,370 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,637

By DilanChd, Recognized Contributor on 21st November 2013, 10:24 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
To delete
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DilanChd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DilanChd Ad-Free

21st November 2013, 10:25 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris

More
To delete
21st November 2013, 10:34 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 196

Donate to Me
More
Or if you don't feel like deleting all your data, you could just change this registry entry:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo] 
"PhoneMobileOperatorName"="000-AT"
Restart and check for updates. GDR3 will start downloading.

NOTE: You do not need to change back this entry, as this is always the first to receive updates (was first to receive Portico, GDR2 and now GDR3)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlvinPhilemon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlvinPhilemon Ad-Free
21st November 2013, 10:43 PM |#4  
Flag Varese
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinPhilemon

Or if you don't feel like deleting all your data, you could just change this registry entry:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo] 
"PhoneMobileOperatorName"="000-AT"
Restart and check for updates. GDR3 will start downloading.

NOTE: You do not need to change back this entry, as this is always the first to receive updates (was first to receive Portico, GDR2 and now GDR3)

SamWP8 Tools allows to change it in 3 clicks
The Following User Says Thank You to djadry For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djadry Ad-Free
21st November 2013, 10:45 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 196

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djadry

SamWP8 Tools allows to change it in 3 clicks

You could use my method if you like to live dangerously
21st November 2013, 11:05 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinPhilemon

You could use my method if you like to live dangerously

Restart is not necessary
22nd November 2013, 06:56 AM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
Aside from "fixing" the registry writing component of RPCComponent (and hence breaking the interop-unlock hack and various apps which rely on that component, such as SamWP Tools), what does this update provide? My ATIV S is not literally bug-free, but it's close enough at this point that I would need a pretty major step forward to make up for the regression that losing registry write access would be...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
22nd November 2013, 03:37 PM |#8  
Flag Varese

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Aside from "fixing" the registry writing component of RPCComponent (and hence breaking the interop-unlock hack and various apps which rely on that component, such as SamWP Tools), what does this update provide? My ATIV S is not literally bug-free, but it's close enough at this point that I would need a pretty major step forward to make up for the regression that losing registry write access would be...

GDR3 fixed all the problems with the bluetooth sound system of my car... And that was enough for me.
22nd November 2013, 08:44 PM |#9  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris

More
To delete
The Following User Says Thank You to DilanChd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DilanChd Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 10:31 AM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,947

More
Thanks, but I *suspect* that's just GDR3 (the pure MS code), not the Samsung update. I know that improved BT compatibility and functionality was a major item for GDR3.
24th November 2013, 07:26 PM |#11  
Flag Varese

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Thanks, but I *suspect* that's just GDR3 (the pure MS code), not the Samsung update. I know that improved BT compatibility and functionality was a major item for GDR3.

BTW I tried to read the registry value "MaxUnsignedApp" and it's set to 0, and I can't edit it.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread