83 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By ravisghosh, Member on 27th July 2013, 09:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th October 2013, 11:48 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
3G Prob
Hi..In my Q700 ...3G service option is not showing under mobile network tab.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailgopu

i get to understand that this is a problem with the Dual STANDBY SIM design of the Xolo Q700 and some other Xolo phones.. where there is only 1 network chip and therefore the phone does not permit both the SIM cards to be in use at the same time.. this surely affects the user on voice Calls, when while using one SIM the other SIM comes across as out of network..

similarly while using 3G, thanks to backend network discovery happening on both SIM, the chip altewrnates, thereby killing the 3G connection every now and then..

i am told again that this can be solved by software and an update to the phone could help.. Xolo does not update OTA, what you need to do is go to Xolo website and there they have an update download .zip file that you place in your SDCard and use Xolo Care App to make the update to your phone..

standard caveat is to backup all phone data, SMS, Call logs as the phone resets on update.. hope this helps..

24th October 2013, 09:01 AM |#12  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranaylin

Hi..In my Q700 ...3G service option is not showing under mobile network tab.

Can anyone help me out.

Thanks

Check out for which sim you are trying to get 3g ? It is available only for SIm 1 . Generally 3g option is referred as WCDMA.
The Following User Says Thank You to sachin.gokhale For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sachin.gokhale Ad-Free
12th November 2013, 01:14 PM |#13  
Flag Secunderabad
Thanks Meter: 1

More
GPS Issue resolved
The phone does not come configured to use EPO Assistance data and as a result, GPS location fix just does not work out of the box. In fact, I stood under the open sky in hot sun for over 5 minutes and yet the GPS location could not fixed.

I followed the steps in this post and bam! The GPS fixation happened. It took over a minute but it happened.

My Karbonn A21 was able to determine GPS location in less than 10 seconds under open sky and in under 1 minute indoors. The Xolo Q700 does not do GPS fix while indoors at all.
Quote:

ISSUE #1 - GPS DOES NOT WORK

Camera
In addition, my phone (purchased in Oct 2013) came with a software update applied that caused the camera app to show colour blocks when attempting to photograph in low light. The color blocks went away as soon the camera was pointed to a relatively well-lit scene. Fortunately, the images themselves came out correctly.

A recent OTA firmware from Xolo has fixed the camera color blocks problem also.

Battery
After the recent firmware update, the battery seems to die very quickly (in less than 2 days compared to 2 - 3 days before). Following another tip, I drained the battery completely and charged it fully. Now the battery meter is correctly (almost) showing the battery capacity. It still goes from 100% to 98% in less than 3 mintues, but seems to settle down when it reaches 80 - 85% and thereafter proceeds at a nice and slow pace. Battery life is more than 2.5 days with my average use (up-to 10 calls everyday, WiFi on for Email, WhatsApp, Battery managed by Xolo app).

The Xolo app switches the WiFi every 5 - 10 minutes to enables receipt of Email and WhatsApp updates, then it turns the WiFi off. I even have the "Device Info Live Wallpaper" active, display sleep is 1 minute and device lock is 30 minutes.

Xolo's customer care / repair procedure maybe questionable, but they are possibly the only Indian brand that are issuing regular firmware updates.
14th November 2013, 06:32 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
reboot issue
my xolo q700 reboots automatically,, sometimes even during a call
any solution for it?
16th November 2013, 07:37 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by draago

hi all...i bought dis ph yestrdy..bt till nw i face this same problm twice..my ph wrk by itslf..this happns same whenevr i tried to txt sm1 it open a contct cl them menu gets opend..cant do nething..then i have to reboot my my then it comes to its norml position..ne1 facing the same problm??
plz gv me a solution.....

Hi,

Get an update from the settings-->About Phone-->Software update, this issue will go away.
20th November 2013, 07:31 PM |#16  

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrikant11211

my xolo q700 reboots automatically,, sometimes even during a call
any solution for it?

Even i am facing the same problem. but if you switch off the fone for 5 mins everyday and then again switch it on, the frequency of such rebooting decreases, and i say this from experience.
22nd November 2013, 09:08 AM |#17  

More
Exclamation External speaker not working
Hello guys,
My external speaker doesn't work, I have tried all tips on the thread but to no avail. Yesterday, I was on YouTube watching a video and suddenly the sound disappeared. Since then, I haven't heard anything from the speaker. Now, I have checked that this problem is only with the external speaker because when I plug the headphone in, I can hear everything. But I won't be wearing the headphones all the time, so this problem is worrying me. I won't be able to pick calls up etc.
So can you please help me ASAP.
Thanks
30th January 2014, 10:06 AM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unvishu

Hi

I have been facing one irritating problem (on this otherwise wonderful phone) - the network keeps dropping and coming back on its own
Can some one please update on the kind of problem.
is it hardware related or software?
can i resolve this on my own or have to go to company ?

I am facing the exact same problem not sure if anyone has an solution for this. My network just goes and comes by itself.

Apart from that if i switch sim or add another sim it does not redily detect the network unless i reboot it 2-3 times not sure if the problem is similar. I have 64K sim.
22nd February 2014, 06:29 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Anyone Know, Which Rom Support 3G on both Sim.
4th March 2014, 04:19 PM |#20  

More
Battery drops Suddenly
I have been using the xolo q700 for 6 months now everything is good except that for the past month the battery quickly drops from 40% to 15% in under 10 mins.....please help
6th March 2014, 09:33 AM |#21  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Please Help Bluetooth issue!!,:eek: rolleyes:
Hello,I am unable to use my BT,i cant receive or send files sometimes it says "SD card full"error although I got around 1 gb of space left.lastly I m on MIUI rom and to note this issue I faced in all of the rom except for the stock q700 rom.PLS HLP ASAP.thnx
The Following User Says Thank You to Funbook4u For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Funbook4u Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jell bean, q700, xolo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)