16th November 2013, 10:14 PM |#41  
Account currently disabled
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 15,927

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

The firmware bootloader (like the bios of an PC.) is not flashable. It can only be reload via JTAG. Download mode is in that bootloader. That's why it always shows p6810.

Recovery partition is in mmcblk0p6, Same for all 7.7 models. Odin doesn't have assert to recognize model.

Did you flash the p6800 recovery? If you use an p6800 PIT, you should use the p6800 recovery to match the partitions.Preload for p6800 is 11 and 10 for p6810. You can always backup the whole partiton with dd cmd. dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=<a file>. but it would be the whole partition size.

Don't know why my 2.6.0.0 can't boot on your tab. if your PIT is from stock roms, it should work. The only thing I think of may be recovery partition is resized.

There are data in /efs which is unique to p6800 and p6810 but only encrypted partition affected.

Try unpacking the initramfs of the recovery.img to study the mount points. The img is similar to a zImage or boot.img. It is probably the fstab not match.

Good luck!

Yes, you would think it would work. Partitions are identical to that of a P6800. The stock 3e recovery works. Flashing the P6810 recoveries were just an experiment to see what partitions were recognised, but as suspected, not useable. The official TWRP P6800 2.6.1.0 Recovery flashed ok and successfully backup system, data etc, but no option for the preload. I am sure your 2.6.0.0 does have that option (when I used for "P6810" parttioned device), It will flash but no boot. I tried studying the pit with the pit magic pc program, but my knowledge is limited there.

I thought a successful Odin flash would indicate the recovery parttion size size is ok (with other recoveries being able to load)? I might unpack the recovery just to see as you suggest, but I was really hoping for "flash and play" simplicity for users using the guide.

Users going to the trouble of using the guide probably don't want to backup/restore manually (PITA), custom recovery is the way to (if possible).

A little bewildering since my tab is effectively now a P6800 with same partitions.

Appreciate your time taken and input mate.

Cheers,

UpInTheAir

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

16th November 2013, 11:22 PM |#42  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 5,330

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir

Yes, you would think it would work. Partitions are identical to that of a P6800. The stock 3e recovery works. Flashing the P6810 recoveries were just an experiment to see what partitions were recognised, but as suspected, not useable. The official TWRP P6800 2.6.1.0 Recovery flashed ok and successfully backup system, data etc, but no option for the preload. I am sure your 2.6.0.0 does have that option (when I used for "P6810" parttioned device), It will flash but no boot. I tried studying the pit with the pit magic pc program, but my knowledge is limited there.

I thought a successful Odin flash would indicate the recovery parttion size size is ok (with other recoveries being able to load)? I might unpack the recovery just to see as you suggest, but I was really hoping for "flash and play" simplicity for users using the guide.

Users going to the trouble of using the guide probably don't want to backup/restore manually (PITA), custom recovery is the way to (if possible).

A little bewildering since my tab is effectively now a P6800 with same partitions.

Appreciate your time taken and input mate.

Cheers,

UpInTheAir

TWRP can assign extra partitions to backup but there is something missing in the source.
For my TWRP2.6.0.0, I only add the EFS partition to the backup list. Preload(HIDDEN) was not included.
To increase 4xxM to internal SD. I have already merged that partition to DATAFS....

When my tab was bricked, I dump the PIT file to study. This is the format of PIT I found out.
pitformat.txt

This is the stock PIT for p6800:
p6800_TGY_PIT.zip

Hope these might help
Daniel
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
16th November 2013, 11:55 PM |#43  
Flag Phuket, Thailand

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

TWRP can assign extra partitions to backup but there is something missing in the source.
For my TWRP2.6.0.0, I only add the EFS partition to the backup list. Preload(HIDDEN) was not included.
To increase 4xxM to internal SD. I have already merged that partition to DATAFS....

When my tab was bricked, I dump the PIT file to study. This is the format of PIT I found out.
Attachment 2396335

This is the stock PIT for p6800:
Attachment 2396324

Hope these might help
Daniel

Thanks for that mate.

I'll take another look later on. Family time today and off to the beach

The Following User Says Thank You to UpInTheAir For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UpInTheAir Ad-Free
17th November 2013, 12:19 AM |#44  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks for that mate.

I'll take another look later on. Family time today and off to the beach

I was thinking that you would be up in the air but not the beach... lol
Enjoy!

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
19th November 2013, 05:07 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,
to all of you.
Actually, I am totally new to all this android field, I have a question, actually, I have GALAXY TAB 7.7 running the 3.2 original version(BASEBAND VERSION P6800DDKL4), I want to load custom recovery into that, I want to know, Will this recovery work in that?
Thank You.
Regards,
MOBILGEEK
22nd November 2013, 03:08 PM |#46  
Flag Phuket, Thailand

Donate to Me
More
Hi daniel,

Unfortunately your pit was no better and made no difference.

Hoping to test out the new recovery for you. Seems Goo server is having it's issues again........

Edit, Goo is working again.

No luck, P6800 2.6.3.0 fails to flash on my re-parttioned P6810. Just hangs at recovery.img

Code:
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> recovery.img
There must be some slight difference to that of the official 2.6.1.0 which has no problems with the re-partition

Will test the P6810 2.6.3.0 recovery tomorrow when I re-partition back to P6810 again.

Thanks for all your improvements here mate.

Cheers
22nd November 2013, 05:14 PM |#47  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi daniel,

Unfortunately your pit was no better and made no difference.

Hoping to test out the new recovery for you. Seems Goo server is having it's issues again........

Edit, Goo is working again.

No luck, P6800 2.6.3.0 fails to flash on my re-parttioned P6810. Just hangs at recovery.img

Code:
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> recovery.img
There must be some slight difference to that of the official 2.6.1.0 which has no problems with the re-partition

Will test the P6810 2.6.3.0 recovery tomorrow when I re-partition back to P6810 again.

Thanks for all your improvements here mate.

Cheers

I think I might know why your re-partition p6810 didn't work.
To unify the fstab among different models, we use the by_name links in /dev/block/plactform
official twrp use cm9 kernel which use the old links. They are acturally paths in the file system.

New kernels has the new links
They are in /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by_name for partitions
For p6800:
FACTORYFS would be mmcblk0p09
DATAFS would be mmcblk0p10

These links seems defined in the firmware bootloader.

Even though you change the PIT, those link might not change. That is FACTORYFS still point to mmcblk0p8 as p6810
That means it can't access the proper /data partition and hang.

Browse the directory: /dev/block/platform
you might find different directory names and entries

If you upack the recovery.img you may change the mount points to your devices mount points

Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
22nd November 2013, 06:02 PM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
No luck here updating with either file, mobile odin states - Partition could not be found in file
Using bodivas' JB rom.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium
22nd November 2013, 08:29 PM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Could not flash new CWM 6.0.4.5 (Unofficial) 22/11/2013 via Mobile Odin

Partition could not be found in file
22nd November 2013, 08:42 PM |#50  
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by northender

No luck here updating with either file, mobile odin states - Partition could not be found in file
Using bodivas' JB rom.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Blast

Could not flash new CWM 6.0.4.5 (Unofficial) 22/11/2013 via Mobile Odin

Partition could not be found in file

I use dd to flash so I don't have problem.
I use the new tar to pack. May be there is compression issue.
Let me repack again.

Edit: If you have 7z, drag the file out. Mobile Odin recognize .img files

File is re-tared and updated to the upload site now. Please download again... Sorry for the inconvinence..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
22nd November 2013, 09:18 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Using the recovery.img file worked ...thanks.
...and may I also thank you for all the work you've done to keep our Tab7.7 alive.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to northender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift northender Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)