Search This thread

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
[WWE][ROM] ★ ☆ ★ 23-Apr ● DeepShining 29019 | 21916 ● Rhod 2.10 Sense 2.5.2021 ★ ☆ ★

Banner1_6.png
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4738649&postcount=2
intro.gif

bannerdown.gif

WWE GSM ROM
Please make sure to read the FAQ and TIPS & TRICKS
Additional Cabs at second post

ADVISED FLASH METHOD SEQUENCE:
1. Task29 > 2. Flash S2 HTC Europe Stock ROM > 3. Flash Deepshining ROM > 4. Hard Reset > 5. Setup personnal configurations > 6. Soft Reset.
This will prevent frozen issues, crashes, battery drain and others well known bugs.

FLAVOURS

Titanium - No manila present, only the latest Winmo build + HTC Apps
Sense - With the latest WM Build + Manila 2.5 + Extra Tabs
Touchstone - Near standard Stock Rom With the latest WM Build + Manila 2.5 - "Stripped" Rom
Co0kie - CHT Mod + .Sincity Theme + Manila 2.5 and WM latest build

titanium.jpg
Sense.jpg
Standard.jpg
co0kie.png

★ ☆ ★ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ★ ☆ ★

["]

Latest ROMs - DOWNLOAD HERE:

23-Apr-2011: DeepShining 29019.Sense details:
. WinMo 29019.
. Fixed Home Tab Quicklinks
. HTC Peep Security update (Twitter fixed).
. New deepshining ROM theme (wallpapers, ActionScreen and Lockscreen).
. Commanager Classic icons.
. Some shortcuts fixed (Total Commander and Lockdevice)

20-Apr-2011: DeepShining 29019.Touchstone details:
. WinMo 29019.
. Fixed Home Tab Quicklinks

19-Apr-2011: DeepShining 29018.Touchstone details:- REMOVED from server
. WinMo 29018.

2-Apr-2011: DeepShining X14.28245.Touchstone & Sense & CHT details:
. WinMo 28245.
. New drivers from RHOD 2.10. (tentative to fix SOD that some users reported).
. HTC Peep Security update (twitter).
. Youtube sound fixed and a BIG thanks to WildChild.
. Tentative to fix the Chinese display support.
. Fixed some missing features in Total Commander.
. New Power Management tweaks to extend battery life even further.
. Improved perfomance.
. HTC Packages updated.
. Removed .Sincity Theme (for now) from the Co0kie ROM.

8-Mar-2011: DeepShining X13.29008.Touchstone & Sense details:
. WinMo 6.5.3 29008
. Manila 2.5.2021
. HTC Packages updated

No HTC Messaging Client, to install it, flash the Rom first, download and install HTC Messaging Cab from my second post and soft reset.

==================================================

# Mirror for my Roms thanks to f1ip
# Another Mirror thanks to mikeaffec

myfaq.gif

Q: I am a newb, what do I need to do to getting started flashing Roms?
A: You need to read with patience this thread.

Q: I am newbie, where can i find a stock rom?
A: Here is your Answer.

Q: I can not download from DeepShining.mobile, where can a find a mirror?
A: You can find a mirror for all my Roms here thanks to F1ip.

Q: What are the differences between 218** and 235** Roms?
A: 218** are the old Com 2 builds with the start menu on top and 235** are the new Com 5 builds with start menu on bottom.

Q: This ROM is in English, where can I find my native Language for Manila 2.5 Sense?
A: Do not recommend changing Manila language there are severall side effects like loosing notifications.

Q: Radio 4.49.25.91 is suggested by the chef, can I use I different Radio version?
A: Yes you can, but if you feel that the Rom is not working properly or BATTERY DRAINS FASTER change to the advised radio.

T-Mobile MMS Settings Fix & Size Increase - thanks to terryYew

Q: AT&T users with data connections issues...How to solve this?
A: Please read this post from b24zero.

Q: I have no ringtone and youtube videos cannot be played...is there a fix for it?
A: Dont install Opera 10, if you did, remove it.

Q: Blacklight issues, my device goes in suspend mode every 6 seconds...is there a fix for it?
A: Solution here.

Q: How to disable the LockScreen
A: Solution here

Q: Garmin users Ram issues, why Garmin doesn´t run?
A: Use Total Commander and change the follow registry entry like this:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE]
"limit"=dword:00000000

Q: There is a new WM6.5 build, can we have it...can we have it?
A: Don´t rush the chef he may be busy. Also a new build does not mean that is better.

Q: I need "this" and "that" and "these" and "those" not in this FAQ, where can I find it?
A: First use the Search this Thread tool and if you can not find it than ask for it on this thread

Q: My wife is wasting all my money and I love this Rom so much that I wanna to give away some bucks, how can I make my contribuition?
A: Click here ;) https://www.paypal.com/pt/cgi-bin/w...cb0621aa94a5f6fa451543ea87377b15521baa3d60b80

=================================================

HELP ME FORUM QUICK LINKS:

Keyboard Config | T-Mobile MMS Settings Fix & Size Increase | French Azerty Cab | T-MOBILE KEYB ALT FIX + VOICEMAIL + MY ACCOUNT | WiFi No StandBy | Speaker issues | Blacklight 6 secs issue | MMS size increase | How to Disable WM6.5 Smartlock | Notifications Settings | Set Left Softkey to Phone | Edit ActionScreen "Navigation" to your favourite navigator | AT&T users Network/MMS Settings | Power button to ActionScreen | SMS from People Tab | TaskBar Volume Fix | ADD xT9 Languages | Start Menu - 3/4/5/6 Items Wide | Volume ring fix with VoiceCommand | About SOD | Left softkey to Lockscreen | Voice Command low ring fix | Complete font substitution | Keyboard Fixes NEW

mytips.gif
& Tricks

How to improve battery life
  1. If you do not use 3G, goto Start\Settings\Personnal\Phone click on the Band tab an change your network type to "GSM".
  2. Make sure that on Wi-Fi Settings the Power Save Mode is set to "Best Battery"

How to FREE some RAM and boost Manila Speed
  1. Make sure that there are no apps running in background:
    Start > TaskMgr and end task for everything. Sometimes Commanger and activeSync do not close properply.
  2. Run cleanRam once in a while.
  3. Stop MyPhone service:
    Start > Internet > Microsoft MyPhone, and stop service in MyPhone Settings. You can start service again when you wish to sync your data.
  4. Disable smartlock and save 2/3 Mb:
    Start > Settings > System > Smartlock and untick everything.
  5. Dont use Weather & Animated wallpapers, instead use animated wallpaper and choose a static one:
    Home Tab > Menu > Home Wallpaper > Animated Wallpaper > Albums > MyDevice > My Wallpapers and pick one of those listed.
  6. Avoid 16/20 or 25 Quick links in Home Tab, the more quicklinks you have there the less speed you'll have too.
  7. Do not install Opera 10 Betas and HTC Messaging Client.
  8. Make sure to disconnect WI-Fi when you do not need it.
  9. Disable Manila Tabs you do not use or care about: Settings Tab > Personalize > Home screen Tabs > and untick Tabs you do not want (ie: Documents and Footprints Tab reduce system Mem and Speed)
  10. Stop services of those Manila Tabs you just Disable: Open Total Commander > Registry > HKLM > Software > HTC > Manila > HTCService > And then rename the files. For example, I have disable Documents Tab and Footprints Tab so I will rename the DocIndexerService.dll to DocIndexerServiceXXX.dll and the FootprintsService.dll to FootprintsServiceXXX.dll.
  11. Disable press and vibrate > Settings Tab > Other > Touch Options > Untick " Vibrate the device..."

===================================================

Untitled-1_17.gif

DeepShining X12 roadmap - whats next:

===================================================

Thanks to:
Airxtreme for Oskitchen Zero
xkaiser for DeepShining icons
Wild Child for the Youtube fix.
MikeAffec for the Mirror
CookieMonster for Cookies hometab.
OliNex for Hard-SPL Unlocker for Rhodium
ace10134 for the fixs and reviews at The Wingster

THANKS TO DONATORS
27-12 - 15€
06/11 - 20€
24/10 - 10€
22/10 - 5€
20/10 - 15€
15/09 - 25€
14/09 - 20€
11/09 - 10€
10/09 - 10€
08/09 - 10€
04/08 - 13€
14/08 - 10€
25/07 - 50€
23/07 - 4€
19/07 - 20€

Lost track of other previous donations :eek:

If you like my work and want to show your appreciation for my efforts...

Last edited:

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
additional Cabs

Additional Cabs & ServicePacks :

- T-Mobile My Account

- AT&T compilation cab thanks to rightjb

- Steve 007 - Taskbar 4 Colors Windows 6.5.x

- Brians Windows 6.5 Taskbar

- Microsoft Voice Command 1.6.23562 - Warning: It may low ring volume.

- Old Black ActionScreen - NEW

- CleanRAM - NEW

- HTC Messaging Client 2019.2421 - NEW

- Keyboard Fixes - Thanks to thewingster - NEW

- T-Mobile MMS Fix thanks to thewingster - NEW

--------------------------------------------------------

CHEFs CHOICE:

Taskbar:
Dark Ninja Taskbar - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=639842

News Reader:
YomoMedia - http://yomomedia.com/reader.php

Utilities:
Manila Birthday - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=605879

Sports:
F1 Pocket 2010 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=645766
TeamStats - http://www.mbovin.com/ts/

Mods:
CHT Home Tab - Co0kie’s Home Tab Mod for HTC Sense 2.5
HomeScreenJump - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=687078

Last edited:

ind0mi

Jun 26, 2008
Kool ur making Rhodium Roms! i often had ur roms on my Diamond..
gonna try it 2nite!

what150

Aug 25, 2009
Hey mate

I already flashed and I must say that I got good feeling about this ROM,

most of the things that didn't work in other ROMs work well in this one

like YouTube, video in album, excel.... BUT

The icons in the start menu is not very sharp mate...it's a bit blur and feel out of date.

Moreover many icon in start menu are duplicated such as e-mail icon...you got 3 e-mail

icons in there ...lol

&

It's a bit laggy in the album tab.

(I already HR once after flashed.)

Hope you'll consider to romove & polished some of the icons in start menu.

All the best.

Cheers : )

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
hey for the collections tips and tweaks can you make it into a cab too much input man please

Hi guntcent,

There are some guys that do not want to apply some tweaks and others do, thats why I did not make a general cab file.

Anyway I need to double check some tweaks because this list was made for the HTC Diamond users and for a different Rom.

Take care

fcp2004

Jul 21, 2009
dotcompt here!? @ the Rhodium section?! :eek:

Man, if you make Rhodium Roms like you did for the HTC Diamond I will be a very happy man.

I will give it a try wright now.

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
Hey mate

I already flashed and I must say that I got good feeling about this ROM,

most of the things that didn't work in other ROMs work well in this one

like YouTube, video in album, excel.... BUT

The icons in the start menu is not very sharp mate...it's a bit blur and feel out of date.

Moreover many icon in start menu are duplicated such as e-mail icon...you got 3 e-mail

icons in there ...lol

&

It's a bit laggy in the album tab.

(I already HR once after flashed.)

Hope you'll consider to romove & polished some of the icons in start menu.

All the best.

Cheers : )

Thanks for your comments. In a future version I will change the icons for a more eye candy version. This was my first Rhodium Rom since I left the HTC Diamond development, it is a kind of beta and I am now working on a new one.

It is time to do some tweaking, like battery perfomance among other tweaks and small improvements.

Take care

ko0ky

Jul 11, 2007
Michigan
thanks but no thanks

well, I do appreicate you're attempt to help the community, but geez, you could have included the .exe to install the rom, especially since you already have it.

surely you dont care, thanks but no thanks I wont be installing this rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, almost forgot about the Thanks button that only a few deepshining users are using. Joe Bleau made me thinking and I will probably use my Thanks Meter as a reference to release a new ROM. This said, my next goal is 100 thanks and at this moment 69 thanks are missing.

This will probably be the end of deepshining development. :D:D:D
    Hi guys,

There are almost 2000 downloads since ROMs were released last friday and I am just curious to know if battery life is worst or better with X14.

Could you please provide some feedback.

Thanks
    dot
    X14 released for Sense, Touchstone and CHT ROMs

Hi guys,

A lot of a hard work but it is finally here:

2-Apr-2011: DeepShining X14.28245.Touchstone & Sense & CHT details:

. WinMo 28245.
    . New drivers from RHOD 2.10. (tentative to fix SOD that some users reported).
    . HTC Peep Security update (twitter).
    . Youtube sound fixed and a BIG thanks to WildChild.
    . Tentative to fix the Chinese display support.
    . Fixed some missing features in Total Commander.
    . New Power Management tweaks to extend battery life even further.
    . Improved perfomance.
    . HTC Packages updated.
    . Removed .Sincity Theme (for now) from the Co0kie ROM.

Latest ROMs - DOWNLOAD HERE

Have fun
    dot
    It's quite incredible that you have only a Thanks Meter of 30 @ the present. :confused: Come on guys, click the Thanks button on some of dotcompt's posts. If you don't see the Thanks button next to Quote then check bottom left of this page and switch to the XDA 2010 UI instead of the XDA Classic. This said, some have a high score in part because of tag teams like in the NRG Rhodium thread for example.

I have been testing the DeepShining X14.28245.Sense on my spare Tilt 2 since a couple of days & it's fast & fluid. Thanks dotcompt for your continuous development of ROMs for our Rhodiums! :cool:

This said there are a few things that bugged me so here are some fixes that could be integrated in the nextROMs:

Autolock on screen turning off: that is a major annoyance IMO. I don't need the phone to auto lock all the time when it's lying on my desk. I searched for a switch or app to enable/disable in Start but could not find any. After searching the thread: auto lock returns 12 results, autolock returns 16 and lock returns 220 with a bunch of registry tweak fixes but that's not viable to disable/enable on the fly.

It turns out that it's the LockDevice V1.6 by Daniel Herrero rey that is cooked currently but w/o the GUI link to change the settings. Using Total Commander, I found the LockDeviceGUI.lnk in phone/Windows and copied it to Start but I got an error on running it. The solution was to download the LockDevice_V1.6.CAB from Herrero's thread Et voilà! A new LockDevice link in Start Menu and no more swiping to unlock every few minutes. :) Maybe it should be disabled by default w/ info in the FAQ's about the LockDevice GUI app?

Next, looking in the Start Menu, I saw the bland File Explorer and then in Tools an other File Explorer but with the logo of the awesome Total Commander. :confused: And when adding a quicklink on Home or Programs tabs, one can see the same thing in the popup program list choices.

So, using said Total Commander (a.k.a. Tools/"File Explorer" or "Explorer" on the Action screen): > navigate to Windows > Start Menu > Tools > tap & hold "File Explorer" & rename it to the proper Total Commander. After doing that, while still in TC, move the link to Start\Programs so you can put it next to File Explorer. I use TC 20 times a day so no reason to mislabel it and hide it in Tools IMO. ;) I made a small cab that changes the TC icon to a better one found in the ROM in the same style as the one for the File Explorer. Just copy the cab to memory card & run from there AFTER renaming the link.

The Call History metro style icon on the slider bar really clashes with the rest and it's smack in the middle by default so after some research, it turns out that the files in this ROM for that tab are:

6BECE1ED_manila, 13C88F06_manila, 17148F3B_manila and 461884d8_manila.

I extracted only them from theuser's Slider Tab Icons Pack cab and cabbed them for your convenience. Those blue book/phone/history icon files are in this ROM's Windows directory but their name was shortened by 1 digit so that clashing metro thing could take it's place. :confused:

Finally, the cooked bnm7bnm's Colored HTC Comm Manager tab + 11 Buttons has nice color icons but for some reasons the slider switch are RED when turned off. An eyesore and it attracts the eye on stuff that's turned off. :confused: So I made an other simple cab to fix this. BTW it would be nice to have the same style of colored icons (for consistency & fast visual identification) in the Slider > Settings tab. ;)

Thanks for your feedback mate, your post was very usefull and I will make some changes in a future update taking your review in consideration.
    i reflashed and now it works perfect, no more terminating my data connection when i press the end key
    Now if Dot could get youtube working with High Quality videos and sound, that'd be the last rom i'd flash on my tilt2:D

Thanks to a awesome help from a XDA Member I finally fixed the Youtube sound problem.

Working on X14...It will be a blast.