Thanks Meter: 5,055

By dzo, Senior Recognized Developer on 19th December 2012, 07:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st November 2013, 10:49 AM |#1201  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzo

Which variant of the s3 are you using and running which OS, the front cam works fine on my i9300 running the latest stock ROM.
Try changing the picture size, the front cam on the s3 uses an odd square picture size by default. If you are running CM then be aware that the CM camera libs are sometimes buggy.

Can you send me a log of the crash if possible.

I'm using s3 international version i9300. Rom I'm using is android 4.2 Slimbean.

I tried changing picture size of the front camera. The results are very interesting.

On initial launch, the first pic I snap regardless of the current resolution choice, it will result in camera error.
One initial launch, if I go settings to change resolution, any resolution will work without error. But if I close and reopen camera and snap again, camera error occurs.

Once I set it to fast capture mode, no more error, even on initial launch. So I guess the bug is avoided by using fast capture.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm very happy with this app again.
21st November 2013, 05:36 PM |#1202  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Is Snap able to save to external sd in 4.4, like Omnirom and CM11?
The Following User Says Thank You to JK-FINN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JK-FINN Ad-Free
21st November 2013, 05:54 PM |#1203  
Flag Cahors
Thanks Meter: 1,440

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK-FINN

Is Snap able to save to external sd in 4.4, like Omnirom and CM11?

Test and say us
23rd November 2013, 12:40 AM |#1204  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
@dzo I mentioned on G+ that I had some ideas. So here goes:

The idea is instead of the long-press menu you'd have a side menu ("hamburger" or whatever you call it) when you swipe right (opposite of gallery).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camera_Design_v1.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	2409428

This is just a photoshopped mockup so you get the idea. I think this allows for much faster and more secure (less error prone) interaction.
Please let me know what your thoughts are (other users too, would you like this?) and whether you think it's possible!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GriffinSauce For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GriffinSauce Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 09:46 AM |#1205  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffinSauce

The idea is instead of the long-press menu you'd have a side menu ("hamburger" or whatever you call it) when you swipe right (opposite of gallery).

Attachment 2409428

This is just a photoshopped mockup so you get the idea. I think this allows for much faster and more secure (less error prone) interaction.
Please let me know what your thoughts are (other users too, would you like this?) and whether you think it's possible!

Looks great!
The Following User Says Thank You to xxLeoxx93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xxLeoxx93 Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 11:16 AM |#1206  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Attachment 2409428

Looks good, I've been thinking about doing something like this. I'll think about how best to implement it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dzo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2013, 07:52 PM |#1207  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:

Attachment 2409428

Yes. Please implement this right now. I bought this even with out trying it based on a reddit thread. I love it. Just two gripes, the menu system blows. I use the old. The new sucks balls. And there is too much noise in HDR captures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
26th November 2013, 04:06 PM |#1208  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
@dzo
thx for the update ! the new ev scale is awesome
however, the ev notification on the setup ring is incorrect if the value is not integer (not a big deal, anyway)

some questions :
- the fractional ev values written in the exif are displayed in a strange format. negative values are shown in decimals but the positives in fractions. is it normal ? how is this value is written in the exif, exactly ?
- earlier you mentioned bracketing as being planned. is this holding true, yet ?
- in the meantime there was a new camera app released with kitkat r2. is it merged ? if not, may we expect it any time ?

thx for the great app !
26th November 2013, 06:25 PM |#1209  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yaz_

@dzo
thx for the update ! the new ev scale is awesome
however, the ev notification on the setup ring is incorrect if the value is not integer (not a big deal, anyway)

some questions :
- the fractional ev values written in the exif are displayed in a strange format. negative values are shown in decimals but the positives in fractions. is it normal ? how is this value is written in the exif, exactly ?
- earlier you mentioned bracketing as being planned. is this holding true, yet ?
- in the meantime there was a new camera app released with kitkat r2. is it merged ? if not, may we expect it any time ?

thx for the great app !

Yes, I'd have to draw icons for all the fractional ev values so it just rounds the value up (with a max of 3).
Exif values (except time and gps data) are written by the HAL so it's not something I have any control over. I write exif for HDR images but I just copy the values from one of the original images.
I'll get around to adding bracketing but probably not for a while.
The latest kitkat AOSP doesn't have much new in it, I've already merged all the useful things from the stand-alone camera that make sense.
The latest google camera on the Nexus 5 actually uses a new API which isn't exposed to the public yet. It looks really cool and should be usable by apps on the Nexus 5 because there's a framework jar for it (com.google.android.camera2.jar). It lets you quickly grab full size exposure bracketed frames (which is how HDR+ works). I'll play with it and see what's possible.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dzo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th November 2013, 12:59 AM |#1210  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
the latest version in the play store is 3.5.5

the one i'm using is v4.0.0? uploaded by you few pages back with new focus animation.

which is actually the newer one?
should i uninstall and use the one from playstore?
27th November 2013, 02:11 AM |#1211  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 1,363

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxx1

the latest version in the play store is 3.5.5

the one i'm using is v4.0.0? uploaded by you few pages back with new focus animation.

which is actually the newer one?
should i uninstall and use the one from playstore?

typo?
the latest in play store for me is 3.5.3..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)