FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEME] "Official" Xperia YELLOW theme (Topaz)

127 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By Georges2251, Senior Member on 24th November 2013, 09:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I found it incredibly puzzling that Sony didn't include a yellow theme in their arsenal so I decided to change that by making one as "authentic as possible": changing the Xperia wallpaper + a lockscreen with an HD picture (the one I thought Sony devs would choose). Considering Topaz is the semi-precious stone usually associated with Yellow, I couldn't find a better name.

This also theoretically works with any Xperia phone with the new Themes system. So please, if you are using another Xperia and it worked, please tell me.

Phones tested so far:
  • Xperia T
  • Xperia V

Push to system/app using:
  • Owner: Read, Write
  • Group: Read
  • Other: Read

Special Thanks:
PS: You are free to do what you want with this theme, include it in your rom, edit, mirror etc.

Download: (you are free to add mirrors so I can include them here)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5ag...RxWEtUMXM/edit
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Georges2251 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Georges2251 Ad-Free

24th November 2013, 09:23 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tripoli

More
Screenshots:

The Following User Says Thank You to Georges2251 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Georges2251 Ad-Free
24th November 2013, 09:36 PM |#3  
Deep South
Thanks Meter: 162

More
There is no link bro. Just a question.

Is this for honami ui?
What is the name of the png for the settings background?
The Following User Says Thank You to Pangkoy08 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pangkoy08 Ad-Free
24th November 2013, 09:41 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tripoli

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangkoy08

Is this for honami ui?

Ugh, I feel like such a dumbass. I swear I had uploaded it on xda's server. Done anyway.

It's for any (recent) Sony UI that uses Timescape.
I don't know the name, it came in with Timin8r's XperimenT ROM. Sorry couldn't help...

I see you have a V. Can you please report back once done?
The Following User Says Thank You to Georges2251 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Georges2251 Ad-Free
24th November 2013, 09:50 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangkoy08

Is this for honami ui?

He's running XperimenT. The app settings background is by me, you can get it here.
Should work on V too.
24th November 2013, 09:51 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tripoli

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMiN8R

He's running XperimenT. The app settings background is by me, you can get it here.

@Georges2251, like @Pangkoy08 says, there's no download link!

Just added it on google drive
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5ag...RxWEtUMXM/edit
I also forgot to set the file as public, please try again.
25th November 2013, 07:13 AM |#7  
Deep South
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMiN8R

Should work on V too.

Thanks bro and I don't think smc tile is the same with honami for settings background. Tried to modify it once still didn't work..
25th November 2013, 04:39 PM |#8  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 625

More
Confirm it works on V (Honami Experience V1). Thanks for your work, it looks great against black.
The Following User Says Thank You to peter-k For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peter-k Ad-Free
26th November 2013, 02:47 AM |#9  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 122

More
If you have honami conversation white version, you can hardly read the text as it's too bright.
26th November 2013, 03:45 AM |#10  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 625

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noehmyerae

If you have honami conversation white version, you can hardly read the text as it's too bright.

That's why I said it looks good against black ... and it really does. On my white Honami I can't even read sms messages.

Probably that's the reason why they didn't include a yellow one from factory. Factory themes have to perform on both bright and dark environments.

That's also why most of the themes are not fish and not meat. More perfect would be brighter themes for the darker environments, and darker/vivid themes with brighter Wallpapers for the white ROMs.
27th November 2013, 02:34 AM |#11  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-k

That's why I said it looks good against black ... and it really does. On my white Honami I can't even read sms messages.

Probably that's the reason why they didn't include a yellow one from factory. Factory themes have to perform on both bright and dark environments.

That's also why most of the themes are not fish and not meat. More perfect would be brighter themes for the darker environments, and darker/vivid themes with brighter Wallpapers for the white ROMs.

Right. Unless the honami conversation is modified with black text on colored bubbles, it will be perfect.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)