Unlock Bootloader Guide

Search This thread

alematt

Nov 17, 2012
I don't see the moto g and it says the the warranty will be gone. Is it true? I heard something different those days...

Inviato dal mio Xperia U utilizzando Tapatalk

spikey68

Aug 7, 2010
Hi fella. Yes. You void your warranty. But you can unroot and its good again.

A guy on Modaco said he followed a guide there and unlocked in 5 mins. Not had time to go through it yet as am just got to work. I will ask for confirmation how later.

At least when the official version is up there'll be a link to where.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk 2

t-bon3

May 16, 2010
I don't see the moto g and it says the the warranty will be gone. Is it true? I heard something different those days..
Yes your warranty will be gone, even if you later re-lock the bootloader and install a stock ROM. You still retain your consumer rights but getting a defective unit repaired or replaced will not be easy. I works fine for unlocking the Moto G.

alematt

Nov 17, 2012
I tought to hear something but maybe i was wrong :)
Btw i unlocked all my devices so no problems :D

Inviato dal mio Xperia U utilizzando Tapatalk

MindlessLeadership

Oct 26, 2011
Ashford
Tip: If you live in the EU you won't loose your statuary warranty for rooting or unlocking the bootloader. You might loose the manufacturers (voluntary) warranty (the "Motorola Warranty"), but the statuary one should cover you for at least two years and for most faults not caused by you. You can't waive the statuary warranty, any manufacturer that tells you otherwise is breaking the law.

I'm not a lawyer, but that is generally how it works. I've had manufacturers (aka HTC) refuse to fix a phone because I've unlocked the bootloader, I stated the EU directive which said I had a warranty and they then repaired it. This only works if you are located in the EU (I don't believe it applies to the EEA) and the seller is also in the EU.

https://fsfe.org/freesoftware/legal/flashingdevices.en.html

Last edited:

exebreez

Mar 5, 2011
NRW
Nice to see that the bootloader is unlockable.
Just wait for cwm. (I dont have time to compile it myself.. )

Top Liked Posts