[Q&A/T] - [AOSPA 4.4.4 KTU84P] ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ G2

Do you like as many options as humanly possible be stuffed into your ROM of choice?

• YES! The more, the better!

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • NO! KISS...keep it simple stupid!

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Sometimes...I like options but can always go back.

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • I don't care, but it lets everyone be happy.

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
[SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
for
Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

[AOSPA 4.4.4 KTU84P] ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ G2

Click link here>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2502789 <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP

Please use this thread to assist each other and help provide useful tips and tricks you have implemented to modify and suite PA 4.4+ to your needs. Please, be polite, courteous, and helpful.

Finally, if you have a useful link, PM it to me and I can try to consolidate anything that will help others in the OP here for easy finding.

ParanoidAndroid Website and changelogs

ParanoidAndroid Github

Official TWRP Recoveries: Download here and select your model in the top right dropdown
D802 is somehow missing from their webpage. Broken link on page or some other error, here it is: Download

KK basebands/modems: thanks to @Cloudyfa for this nicely Consolidated download list.
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12880

Troubleshooting and Pulling LogCats
For anyone who isn't really comfortable pulling dmsg or last_kmsg logs from their phones needs to download and use this app: SysLog

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

One button click and it will pull 4 logs for you and zip them all up in one small package:

dmsg
last_kmsg
logcat
Modem log

You can then get that to the dev to go through and look for errors.

Known issues for each variant:

Reported Issues:

All Variants:
- All games should be working fine, even touch based games

D800:
-

D801:

D802:

D803:

LS980 & VS980
- a few report issues with in-call volume (echo bug fixed)

Links:
Gravity Box 2.7.5
Xposed Beta for 4.4
LG Camera
For USB/OTG, try root Stickmount @Alex0901 pointed to this app from Chainfire
Screen Off App - If you're missing the knock off functionality, @bhc112 highlighted this app
Quick Remote IR Blaster
- Thanks @sefnap

Signature Banner can be downloaded here:
https://db.tt/yM8N3UfQ

yM8N3UfQ

Bootanimation Attachments Below: (If you have any to add, send them to me and I'll include them)
- The one I made, Houston converted to a flashable zip so no need to push to system / media, just flash in recovery: Here's a video so you can see it first: http://youtu.be/DBbYnDLRauI

Attachments

• PA_kitkat_bootanimation-Jank4AU.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,270
Last edited:

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
[Q&AT] - [AOSPA 4.4.4 KTU84P] ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ G2

FAQ's....coming soon!

I need some time (after work) to try to review the most common and recent issues/resolutions. Stay tuned, thanks for your patience!​

Last edited:

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
[Q&AT] - [AOSPA 4.4.4 KTU84P] ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ G2

Judgment Passed....

Last edited:

crazy talk

Jun 17, 2009
D801: wireless display isn't working. The WiFi module seems to flip out half way through the connection process.

digitard

Mar 17, 2008
D800

- Dialer screen wont tag on instantly when removing from face during call (ie dialed into Voicemail, and moved phone away to bring up dialer to delete message)

BlackHoleSlam

Nov 25, 2010
Houston
I am now getting an issue with WiFi saint "failed to connect to network". It was working fine earlier.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
I am now getting an issue with WiFi saint "failed to connect to network". It was working fine earlier.

What have you done to try to fix? Have you reset your router at all? Are there any other networks you can try to connect to in order to rule out some issues? Are you still able to get Network Data if you turn off wifi? We need more info when you post these issues in order to help you.

sublimejosh2000

Dec 14, 2010
Atlanta
What have you done to try to fix? Have you reset your router at all? Are there any other networks you can try to connect to in order to rule out some issues? Are you still able to get Network Data if you turn off wifi? We need more info when you post these issues in order to help you.

What I am seeing is the MAC address is getting changed every reboot. I have verified this. This may be causing other issues as well with Wifi related modules.

I wonder if this would work?

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2347060

For mac address:
- In /persist directory create wifi directory. In the new directory create a file named .macaddr (don't miss the dot!)
Edit the file and put 12 random hex numbers in it (0-9, A-F), save.
- Set execute and read permissions for everybody on /persist/wifi directory and change owner of .macaddr to wifi:wifi and permission to 660 (read/write for owner and group and nothing else).

In command line:
Code:

chown root:root /persist/wifi
chmod 755 /persist/wifi
chown wifi:wifi /persist/wifi/.macaddr
chmod 660 /persist/wifi/.macaddr
- run /system/bin/conn_init program. Can be run in root explorer(choose Linux Script Handler when you open it), or in adb shell:
Code:
su
/system/bin/conn_init
Then reboot and check if the changes got applied in settings

I cant get my original one back but at least I have a static MAC.

Last edited:

BlackHoleSlam

Nov 25, 2010
Houston

I have forgot the connection reconnected to the ssid. No change has taken place WiFi seems borked now. Will try a restart. Network data is working fine.

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
What I am seeing is the MAC address is getting changed every reboot. I have verified this. This may be causing other issues as well with Wifi related modules.

I wonder if this would work?

http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2347060

For mac address:
- In /persist directory create wifi directory. In the new directory create a file named .macaddr (don't miss the dot!)
Edit the file and put 12 random hex numbers in it (0-9, A-F), save.
- Set execute and read permissions for everybody on /persist/wifi directory and change owner of .macaddr to wifi:wifi and permission to 660 (read/write for owner and group and nothing else).

In command line:
Code:

chown root:root /persist/wifi
chmod 755 /persist/wifi
chown wifi:wifi /persist/wifi/.macaddr
chmod 660 /persist/wifi/.macaddr
- run /system/bin/conn_init program. Can be run in root explorer(choose Linux Script Handler when you open it), or in adb shell:
Code:
su
/system/bin/conn_init
Then reboot and check if the changes got applied in settings

I cant get my original one back but at least I have a static MAC.

What model G2 do you have? I'll throw this in the OP until resolved

sublimejosh2000

Dec 14, 2010
Atlanta
What model G2 do you have? I'll throw this in the OP until resolved

It is D800 AT&T. I remember Nexus 4 having a similar issue. The link I posted was a fix for that. I doubt I will get my Origional MAC back, but I did backup my EFS. So, once a fix is in place, I should be able to restore.

Oh, Thank Goodness for Reserved MAC address in my router, I was able to get my old MAC from there. So, if need be, I can change it back.

Last edited:

dawkpaul

Oct 15, 2010
Indianapolis
D800 mute not functioning?

Hi, thanks to everyone involved in developing this custom ROM. It generally works really well.

I wondered if someone that has an AT&T G2 and has the ROM installed could verify whether the phone mute works?

It currently highlights and acts as if it works, but doesn't actually mute the microphone.

Thanks!

suppliesidejesus

Apr 1, 2010
Since I have no desire to clog the enormous Dev thread, I will ask here:

Anyone know if there will be any plans to port this work over to CM11?

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Hi, thanks to everyone involved in developing this custom ROM. It generally works really well.

I wondered if someone that has an AT&T G2 and has the ROM installed could verify whether the phone mute works?

It currently highlights and acts as if it works, but doesn't actually mute the microphone.

Thanks!

Mute button works fine for me. Just cussed out a fellow employee who heard none of it and I'm still gainfully employed! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

[AOSPA 4.4.4 KTU84P] ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ G2

Click link here>> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2502789 <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP

Please use this thread to assist each other and help provide useful tips and tricks you have implemented to modify and suite PA 4.4+ to your needs. Please, be polite, courteous, and helpful.

Finally, if you have a useful link, PM it to me and I can try to consolidate anything that will help others in the OP here for easy finding.

ParanoidAndroid Website and changelogs

ParanoidAndroid Github

Official TWRP Recoveries: Download here and select your model in the top right dropdown
    D802 is somehow missing from their webpage. Broken link on page or some other error, here it is: Download

KK basebands/modems: thanks to @Cloudyfa for this nicely Consolidated download list.
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=12880

Troubleshooting and Pulling LogCats
    For anyone who isn't really comfortable pulling dmsg or last_kmsg logs from their phones needs to download and use this app: SysLog

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog

One button click and it will pull 4 logs for you and zip them all up in one small package:

dmsg
    last_kmsg
    logcat
    Modem log

You can then get that to the dev to go through and look for errors.

Known issues for each variant:

Reported Issues:

All Variants:
    - All games should be working fine, even touch based games

D800:
    -

D801:

D802:

D803:

LS980 & VS980
    - a few report issues with in-call volume (echo bug fixed)

Links:
    Gravity Box 2.7.5
    Xposed Beta for 4.4
    LG Camera
    For USB/OTG, try root Stickmount @Alex0901 pointed to this app from Chainfire
    Screen Off App - If you're missing the knock off functionality, @bhc112 highlighted this app
    Quick Remote IR Blaster
    - Thanks @sefnap

Signature Banner can be downloaded here:
    https://db.tt/yM8N3UfQ

yM8N3UfQ

Bootanimation Attachments Below: (If you have any to add, send them to me and I'll include them)
    - The one I made, Houston converted to a flashable zip so no need to push to system / media, just flash in recovery: Here's a video so you can see it first: http://youtu.be/DBbYnDLRauI
    I was asked about my settings to get the kind of battery life and screen-on time I got last charge, so, here goes:

1) As most of you know, you never get a good read on battery life on your first charge. This was on my 3rd charge I think

3anajepa.jpg
    6ejebasa.jpg

2) ondemand gov - min 300 max 2265
    - using Trickster Mod I set powersave_bias to 25 in ondemand control settings

3) noop scheduler with read ahead buffer 512

4) on the specific tab I usually set multicore power saving to 1, but left it at 0 this time

5) Screen brightness set to auto

6) using Greenify to hibernate most apps when not being used

7) syncing the following accounts:
    eqyqujy4.jpg

Sent from my AT&T LG G2 D800 using Tapatalk.
    im working on google's 4.4.1_r1 merges .. i'll update after everything is merged successfully.. also @Jank4AU 's bootani I just checked it out myself .. it's nice :) altho the team will have our own official one in time .. but I did make it his a flashable zip to flash in recovery instead of pushing it to phone.
    Wanted to report that I get occasional Google Text-to-Speech Engine has closed FC's. Not sure what effect this has or what the deal is, but it doesn't seem to impact Google Now/Voice search..

Also, Google Play Services is still using ~25% of battery life (keep awake time is decently high). When I check in BetterBatteryStats (BBS), the highest section in partial wakelocks is NlpCollectorWakeLock and NlpWakeLock (Google Play Services). Under Kernel wakelock, I get PowerManagerService.WakeLocks as the highest (around 38%)

I'm running D800 12/16 build with Ayysir's PAEK 3.5 kernel. All the other bugs are pretty minor - just wanted to get the aforementioned issues addressed/known. Thanks!

Go to the latest post in the development thread, I just covered how I fixed this issue.

Edit: just decided to post it here as well: Anyone that is having problems with Google play services taking up a large percent of battery on your device, try this: go into /system/priv-app and find GmsCore.apk, copy it to your SD card. Delete the apk in GmsCore.apk and you should receive some error saying that so and so needs google services (mine said hangouts.) Go to your SD card and click on the apk DO NOT COPY AND PASTE IT BACK! To install as a user app. I don't know why this works, but it does. I also noticed an immediate improvement in performance with the hangouts app. Hope this helps you guys!

Bootanimation

For you discerning users who may want to see the bootanimation first before you install it: video