Gonna lose it - 4.3 "Security Notice - unauthorized access..."

Search This thread

jguenther

Nov 23, 2013
I searched all yesterday and today and cannot re-root after upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.3. I always do a ton of searchs no matter what forum I'm on because I don't want to seem lazy like some others out there but this is beyond me. I registered so I could make a thread and this is what I have and the situation:

Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-R530U
US Cellular
upgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.3
kernel 3.031-2025306 se.infra@R0210-09 #1
baseband version R30UVXUBMJA
build number JSS15J.R530UVXUBMJA
SE for Android status Enforcing SEPF_SCH-530U_4.3_0010
hardware version R530U.01
Previously rooted using Odin, SuperSU, Titanium Backup Pro, ODIN_CWM6.tar.md5

I took the phone back to stock using unroot through SuperSU and upgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.3 OTA with no problems. I've been trying to re-root using numerous combinations (ODIN3 v3.07) and no matter what I do the Samsung Security notice blocks rights to SuperSU (beta v1.76) and Titanium Backup Pro so it won't root. This is the message I get:

"Security notice - unauthorized access to a secured area has been blocked. Tap to learn more."

The most recent md5 file I've tried is CF-Auto-Root-d2usc-d2usc-schr530u.tar.md5 but nothing else has worked either. I'm at my wits end and my brain is about ready to explode. I just need to be able to access Titanium Backup Pro so I can shut off a few programs and processes. Any help is VERY VERY much appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:

morwit99

Jan 14, 2013
I searched all yesterday and today and cannot re-root after upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.3. I always do a ton of searchs no matter what forum I'm on because I don't want to seem lazy like some others out there but this is beyond me. I registered so I could make a thread and this is what I have and the situation:

US Cellular

I took the phone back to stock using unroot through SuperSU and upgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.3 OTA with no problems. I've been trying to re-root using numerous combinations (ODIN3 v3.07) and no matter what I do the Samsung Security notice blocks rights to SuperSU (beta v1.76) and Titanium Backup Pro so it won't root. This is the message I get:

"Security notice - unauthorized access to a secured area has been blocked. Tap to learn more."

The most recent md5 file I've tried is CF-Auto-Root-d2usc-d2usc-schr530u.tar.md5 but nothing else has worked either. I'm at my wits end and my brain is about ready to explode. I just need to be able to access Titanium Backup Pro so I can shut off a few programs and processes. Any help is VERY VERY much appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

I have same phone. Recently went to Slimbean (4.3.1). I have Triangle Away and it couldn't access root. I also used CF-Auto-Root. Used a root check app, it says I am rooted. Odin also said device passed. Super User says I am missing a binary and I need to root manually. Trying to find that info

jguenther

Nov 23, 2013
If you find anything out please let me know. A root checker says I'm rooted but I can't access SuperSU or Titanium backup as the S3 is blocking it.

Last edited:

jguenther

Nov 23, 2013
There was just a new SuperSU update and it granted me access to everything. I asked if I wanted it to disable KNOX and I said yes. Titanium Backup works and so does Triangle Away. I think I'm good to go.

smithar

Jun 28, 2013
Osceola
How did you update?

There was just a new SuperSU update and it granted me access to everything. I asked if I wanted it to disable KNOX and I said yes. Titanium Backup works and so does Triangle Away. I think I'm good to go.

How did you update to 4.3? Did you use the simple update you can download to computer, or did you use Kies? I'm not having any luck with either. I chatted twice with a Samsung Tech person, but neither one had any help for me. Just thought I'd check to see if you could help me. It's not easy finding someone else on here with US Cellular. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

jguenther

Nov 23, 2013
How did you update to 4.3? Did you use the simple update you can download to computer, or did you use Kies? I'm not having any luck with either. I chatted twice with a Samsung Tech person, but neither one had any help for me. Just thought I'd check to see if you could help me. It's not easy finding someone else on here with US Cellular. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I tried to download the simple update but my phone wouldn't update to the 4.3 so I did it over the air. You probably know but the OTA software update is in "about device." We have four S3s in our home and only one of them hasn't been able to get the download OTA yet. The only bug that I've found is when you start the phone it will show numerous downloads in the notifications and they will come back even if you clear them. The way to get rid of them is to go to the download icon (green arrow) and clear all the downloads and restart. Hope this helps.

smithar

Jun 28, 2013
Osceola
I tried to download the simple update but my phone wouldn't update to the 4.3 so I did it over the air. You probably know but the OTA software update is in "about device." We have four S3s in our home and only one of them hasn't been able to get the download OTA yet. The only bug that I've found is when you start the phone it will show numerous downloads in the notifications and they will come back even if you clear them. The way to get rid of them is to go to the download icon (green arrow) and clear all the downloads and restart. Hope this helps.

I have downloaded the simple update, but get an error msg while trying to install to computer. (1152: error extracting) whatever that means. I uninstalled all Samsung anything from my computer, restarted, shut off firewall & Norton, downloaded again, but same thing while trying to install to computer. I updated to 4.1.2 this way, but keep getting an error on 4.3 update.

I tried to go through Kies. It updated Kies to 2.6, it said Kies3 was for 4.3. When I tried to hook into Kies, it refuses to accept my IMEI #. Says its incorrect. wth. The Samsung Chat Tech told me USCellular 4.3 update wasn't available yet through Kies OTA.

When I tried to get the 4.1.2 update through the phone, it would never give it to me. Even though I unrooted and used Triangle Away, it still knew my sg3 was modified. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Do you have any suggestions ? I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to these phones. :confused:

I'm sorry to bother you with this, but it's rare to find someone with USCellular on here. Thank you so much for your time.

jguenther

Nov 23, 2013
I got the error message too so something is wrong with the download from Samsung/USCC. Just keep trying to do the OTA update and maybe it will go through. My GUESS is that Samsung and USCC stopped doing the update because of a couple bugs or issues. The reason I say that is I updated mine one day (worked), my wife's the next (worked), my son's the next days later (worked) and tried my other son's a couple days later and no update for him. I unrooted mine before the update without doing triangle away so I don't know if that really has anything to do with it at all. However, it does have to be unrooted if you do the OTA. Good luck!

Reactions: smithar

smithar

Jun 28, 2013
Osceola
I used Triangle Away, then unrooted. My phone still says 'modified' even though counter no longer says 2. When I try OTA through the phone, it constantly sticks on 'checking for updates'. I'm sure it's because it still says modified. I tried using Kies, my phone will not connect. Keeps saying my s/n is incorrect. I understand my IMEI has been corrupted.

I have started a thread on here for some help in how to get the 4.3 update.

Thank you so much for trying to help me. I will be eligible for an upgrade soon. I just may have to wait to have anything more than 4.1.2.
Again, thank you.

Note2Issues

Mar 29, 2014
Samsung

US Cellular

it looks to me like samsung are finally making a stand against rooting although i do not agree with this as i use an app called freedom and when i open it i get a security issue from Samsung

The only reason i left iphone for samsung was because i felt like they had something other apple with hardware and i was happy to do this as i could get root access but for now i see that this might not be possible for a while.
i recommend installing a normal superuser.apk and that might work but i cannot check this right now as i am out :)

i hope this little bit of information did help in anyway

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I got the error message too so something is wrong with the download from Samsung/USCC. Just keep trying to do the OTA update and maybe it will go through. My GUESS is that Samsung and USCC stopped doing the update because of a couple bugs or issues. The reason I say that is I updated mine one day (worked), my wife's the next (worked), my son's the next days later (worked) and tried my other son's a couple days later and no update for him. I unrooted mine before the update without doing triangle away so I don't know if that really has anything to do with it at all. However, it does have to be unrooted if you do the OTA. Good luck!