Moto G *SIM UNLOCK CODE* only £2.04

Search This thread

alematt

Nov 17, 2012
Are locked phone cheaper? Can you suggest me one?

Inviato dal mio Xperia U utilizzando Tapatalk

TC93

Mar 2, 2011
I thought this phone is already unlocked? Most news or review articles say it is.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

t-bon3

May 16, 2010
I thought this phone is already unlocked? Most news or review articles say it is.
If you buy directly from O2, Vodafone or Tesco you will get a sim-locked one. In the UK, phones4u, amazon, clove technology, buy mobiles and unlocked-mobiles are all selling the device unlocked.

Argon007

Mar 3, 2010
If you buy directly from O2, Vodafone or Tesco you will get a sim-locked one. In the UK, phones4u, amazon, clove technology, buy mobiles and unlocked-mobiles are all selling the device unlocked.

I live in Belgium. Is it possible for me to buy a locked Moto G from O2, Vodafone or Tesco and send this to Belgium?
hereafter I look on Ebay/other sites for an unlock code and with this way I have a (cheap) working Moto G phone.

spikey68

Aug 7, 2010
Phones4u UK comes unlocked. £135. + extra white case and 50gb Google Drive free for 2 years.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk 2

terminal 7

Jan 27, 2008
exeter, uk.
great

Thanks for sharing .

This works great, my TESCO locked Moto-G is now fully unlocked , the service works fine and i got my code in five mins by email. just great :)

techguyone

Mar 5, 2011
I did it too, excellent price,excellent service, what are you waiting for?

There's no tesco branding or apps anywhere except in 'about phone' it says the software version is a tesco build.

theblue90

Dec 13, 2013
Hi guys, i'm from italy, and i was thinking about buying moto g from tesco, as soon as it becomes available, because of its price (155 euro in UK, 229 euro in Italy -.-"). I've a friend in London who can take it.

I discovered that it's sim-locked, and that is possible to unlock. I didn't know this, but if you say yes, well...ok, perfect.

My question is: if i unlock it, what about the guarantee? Somebody told me i would lose it...is it right?

Thanks.

ahardie

Sep 16, 2009
It doesn't have any branding, but it does have it's own software version. Easy to change it to the same as the full retail handsets though.

I bought this phone for my wife and it's working great on virgin mobile after unlocking it. Can you tell me though if there is any advantage in changing it to the software that the sim free phones have? Will it still recieve the KitKat update in January if I don't change it?

jusada

May 13, 2011
shropshire uk
I bought this phone for my wife and it's working great on virgin mobile after unlocking it. Can you tell me though if there is any advantage in changing it to the software that the sim free phones have? Will it still recieve the KitKat update in January if I don't change it?

Can't see it being an issue, tesco don't change anything. Think it's just a system identifier.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Truth is we don't know yet.

It might be that it doesn't get the KitKat update at the same time as the 'unbranded' one. It also might not. Only way to know is wait.

I've changed the the 'retail' ROM on the one I bought to be safe though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, and the guarantee? Unlocking the smartphone makes you lose it?

No way does it.....if you are in the EU, you have a two-year Statutory Warranty as well as your warranty from the retailer.

Apple were force to comply, see this report:

http://www.techcentral.ie/eu-law-forces-apple-two-year-warranty/

Apple has now posted an explanation in the legal section of its website. The company said: "When you purchase Apple products, European Union consumer law provides statutory warranty rights in addition to the coverage you receive from the Apple One-Year Limited Warranty and the optional AppleCare Protection Plan. Non-Apple-branded products purchased from Apple are also eligible for coverage under EU consumer law."

In my own case, I purchased this on-line from Tesco Direct, which also gives additional protection for consumers.

I think this talk of losing ones warranty, even with an unlocked bootloader, is wrong as it applies to EU consumers, unless a retailer can prove you have actually done something, either hardware or software wise , which causes actual damage.

It may be different in the USA South America or Asia, but the EU warranty is pretty watertight.

See here also, from UK Trading Standards:

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/brighton-hove/con1item.cgi?file=*ADV0054-1011.txt

Q. I've heard that under European Union (EU) law I'm allowed a two year minimum guarantee on goods. Is that correct?

A. EU Directive 1999/44/EC states that all European Union member states must allow consumers to make a claim for faulty or misdescribed goods under their consumer rights for a minimum of two years. English law already allows you to make a claim for up to six years from the date you bought the goods and for up to five years in Scotland. Therefore if you buy any goods from any other EU member state, you can assume that you can make a claim for faulty or misdescribed goods for at least two years after. See the 'Buying goods - your rights' leaflet for more information.
    No, unlocking is perfectly fine. You won't lose your guarantee. If you unlock the boot loader, root or flash a rom you will lose it

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sorry, unless unlocking the Bootloader or flashing a new ROM can be proved to have damaged the device, this is untrue, for EU Citizens, under EU Directive 1999/44/EC.....what you say may apply elsewhere, but not in EU.

See my post above, with links to Trading Standards in UK, and statement by Apple, who were forced to change their Warranty, to include information about EU Statutory 2-year warranty. The Manufacturer Warranty is separate from the EU 2 year Statutory Warranty.
    great, thank you much guys :D I was afraid about this, because i was told exactly the opposite.

OK, there is a lot of misinformation around, not least from manufacturers like Motorola, or Samsung, who may be relying on the legal situation in the US, or Korea...

the EU, and indeed the UK, gives a lot of protection to consumers, but if you have a problem, you must have your information to make a case to the retailer.

Also, I would think if someone "bricks" a phone, that would not be covered, as you would be expected to take care when performing such actions as unlocking bootloaders or flashing ROMS properly, always read the instructions, and then read them again, and again, etc.

But, full brick is actually pretty hard to do!!!
    I think the philosophy is: if you are their costumer and want a Moto G, they offer you underpriced device because they don't want you to buy Moto G in rival store. So they just lock that phone and offers you "their" phone for good price. And they know that if TESCO user want a Moto G, he will buy it there, because it's cheaper and it's nevermind that is TESCO sim-locked.

it's like when you get a coupon that you can use on ANOTHER buy. They offering coupon only because they know you will buy things there :)

if they sell only 2000 moto g that is 70 000€ loss + the sales from other cheap phones they are offering go down, so additional loss there..
    they already have coupons and tesco points to attract customers. god damn this is bugging me. i googled it but did not find anything reliable.