FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][JB] [4.2.2] Avatar ROM for Motorola Droid 3 (solana) - Updated [Nov 30,2013]

6,059 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,475

Post Reply Email Thread
20th November 2013, 01:20 PM |#131  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Cartoon world theme release
Added Cartoon world theme in our collection. Check below screenshots. The same is available in our theme chooser(Avatar Themes -> Avatar Themes-> Cartoonish).

26th November 2013, 12:55 PM |#132  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Explanations and facts. Our status as of now.
Lately there has been a lot of confusion as to our approach to AvatarROM and the support scenario for all the various devices. We have had a lot of negative, and must I say, important feedback, and we have also seen a slight wane in our download numbers.

First off the bat, let us lay it out there in front of you that AvatarROM is still up and running and very much alive. There have been a few problems lately, but more about that later. We would like to ensure to our users that our development pattern is still chugging like a well oiled machinery and soon things will be right back on track.

We received a lot of flak for the last 4.3 build that we came out with, which actually had a major flaw in the lockscreen, putting devices into continuous bootloops. Our immediate solution was to advice users not to upgrade at all, and to those who had, to downgrade to the previous build. Although we ended up promising users that we will soon release a new build, unfortunately it never ended up happening. Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have not been able to push out a new build to our users, nor have we released any update for all those devices still on 4.2.2. The good news though, is that we will soon have a new build up and running. We are working on it and it should see the light of day soon.

The second problem, and in a way, a more grievous one was that a lot of older builds and in some cases, all the builds for specific device models got erased from our servers, as a result of which new users were never able to download our ROM. This lead to a lot of confusion, and in some cases, agitation that we might be wrapping up, which as we cleared up, is not the problem. We were trying to tweak the back- end servers and in the process, lost a lot of those older images. By the time we could salvage them, it was too late. Currently we are in the process of tweaking the servers (really carefully) and make sure that most of those missing builds are available.

So yes, in a nutshell, we really dropped the ball this time. We will like to thank all our users who stood valiantly alongside us, even though aware of the issues. We are looking into solving all these problems and should be able to alleviate them altogether in the coming days. So please be patient, just for a few more days.

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bippi79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bippi79 Ad-Free
30th November 2013, 02:11 PM |#133  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Changelog
  • CM merges till 27th Nov 2013

Launcher
  • Support for Landscape mode
  • Bug fixes

Lockscreen
  • Performance improvements
  • Bug fixes
Download (3.1.13) - Link
The Following User Says Thank You to bippi79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bippi79 Ad-Free
2nd December 2013, 12:23 PM |#134  
Flag Tirana
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello,

i just installed the last version of this rom, and it is much better than the original. i have one issue though, because my phone is only displaying one signal bar - while using the original rom the bars are full. i have an unlocked xt862. i already checked the use only 2g networks and also set the Network mode to GSM only.

has anyone else the same behavior?

regards
3rd December 2013, 06:00 AM |#135  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Retrotown theme release.
Added Retrotown theme in our collection. Check below screenshots. The same is available in our theme chooser(Avatar Themes -> Avatar Themes-> Games).
5th December 2013, 10:53 AM |#136  

More
Info about screen color saturation.
Hi, I installed whis ROM and I noticed that colors look really better (more saturated) on your ROM than on stock Gingerbread.
How did you manage to increase the saturation? Is it possible to do the same thing on a rooted stock ROM?
Thanks!
15th December 2013, 04:31 PM |#137  

More
Battery Low
I dont have luck in flash this rom, it is in the inicialization about an 1 hour and nothing...

Milestone 3 XT860.

someone have a clue???

thx
24th December 2013, 06:57 AM |#138  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Metal Style theme release.
Added MetalStyle theme in our collection. Check below screenshots. The same is available in our theme chooser(Avatar Themes -> Avatar Themes-> Misc).
10th January 2014, 12:27 PM |#139  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Fog theme release
Added Fog theme in our collection. Check below screenshots. The same is available in our theme chooser(Avatar Themes -> Avatar Themes-> Seasonal).
24th January 2014, 11:49 PM |#140  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I have a question, is it possible to use this ROM on Motorolla Milestone 3(XT860)?

My brother has one with the original android 2.3.4, and it's not good...

I noticed that they are very similar in 90% of it's specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4036

So... is it compatible?
26th January 2014, 03:40 PM |#141  
OP Senior Member
Flag Singapore

Donate to Me
More
Re-Plaanned for 4.4
Posted 4.4 version of avatar, because of some known defects removed change log and links.

Thanks,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)