How many people have buggy stock recovery?

Search This thread

markdexter

Oct 24, 2010
I went into stock recovery yesterday, after purchasing the phone to wipe cache.
I like to do this with all my new phones first.
When I pressed on wipe cache, it brought me to a menu that asked Mr what package to install, and was showing me my SD card.
I then tried to data factory reset, which from my experience with other phones acted as though it was wiping cache??
It seems the recovery has 1 to many install from SD card options, and is throwing the menu off.

Can anyone else confirm this?
From what I can see only an update would fix this.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ehsanmp

Jul 15, 2012
My People! I have come for you!

Yes it is buggy, however totally operable!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

"What? What did you say Ehsan? What knowledge do you have to bestow upon us, oh learned man of the great metropolis?"

Simple really. Whatever you want to select, just select the option above. Wipe cache is Wipe Data/Factory Reset, and Wipe Data/Factory Reset is Apply update via ADB.

:cool: So while I sit here and bask in the rays of my awesomeness, you should go and spread the word.

Excuse my overtly conceited bragging. I only got there coz of you lot anyway :angel:

terminal 7

Jan 27, 2008
exeter, uk.
up one ..

So each option is just the line above ... seems okay. but what a mistake from MOTO'

time to test now

thanks

==PEACE==

ArKaNtOsDeath

Sep 14, 2012
I solved it like this

I went into stock recovery yesterday, after purchasing the phone to wipe cache.
I like to do this with all my new phones first.
When I pressed on wipe cache, it brought me to a menu that asked Mr what package to install, and was showing me my SD card.
I then tried to data factory reset, which from my experience with other phones acted as though it was wiping cache??
It seems the recovery has 1 to many install from SD card options, and is throwing the menu off.

Can anyone else confirm this?
From what I can see only an update would fix this.

try putting the option apply update from ADB, will show you the option data factory reset :D

Blaze

Feb 23, 2013
Kolkata
HELP

Yesterday i got 4.4.4 ota and downloaded it. but since i was on twrp, i tried moto tool to flash stock recovery.. but now when i open recovery it shows an android with warning sign.. whats wrong?? where can i get the stock recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just sent them a link to this thread via Twitter & FB.

//EDIT:
    Got a response, guys :)
    My People! I have come for you!

Yes it is buggy, however totally operable!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

"What? What did you say Ehsan? What knowledge do you have to bestow upon us, oh learned man of the great metropolis?"

Simple really. Whatever you want to select, just select the option above. Wipe cache is Wipe Data/Factory Reset, and Wipe Data/Factory Reset is Apply update via ADB.

:cool: So while I sit here and bask in the rays of my awesomeness, you should go and spread the word.

Excuse my overtly conceited bragging. I only got there coz of you lot anyway :angel:
    Thanks for sending that. Makes you wonder how they missed that??!
    Also if they bother testing the phones

Hm, I don't think the recovery image is part of the QA process - it is simply not meant for end users =/
    recovery bugged

same here , the listing in recovery just isnt acurate to the job it performs ! - crazy slip up from Moto on this one i think .
    Wow, my girlfriend phone has the same issue.
    If I update to KK the issue is fixed?
    Thanks

Sent from my Casio FX85ES Calculator using a formula ( )

Yes - it's fixed in the KK stock recovery.