26th November 2013, 03:36 PM |#91  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nampa, ID USA
Thanks Meter: 623

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2rrell

I took my phone back to best buy as i was still in my 14 day window.

but unless someone can confirm that they have swapped frameworks into a MJ5 base then i would change the OP to at least state that it may brick your phone if trying to do this.

as stated all the the others worked fine on MJ5 for me just not the frame work. let the people trying this know that MJ5 framework is different and may cause a soft brick.

Framework was removed yesterday, and there were several warnings about the framework file. In fact there still is a warning in the OP. I also mentioned the other installation method in the OP.
What I could do is post a zip with framework images, and leave it to the user to install for themselves??

26th November 2013, 03:40 PM |#92  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nampa, ID USA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfleischman

Love the theme. Installed SecSettings. My tabs are all messed up and look nothing like your picture. I attached a screenshot. also application manager has different tabs than it is supposed to and crashes.

That is because, SecSettings relies on Action bar images from framework-res
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raiderman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raiderman Ad-Free
26th November 2013, 03:44 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 617

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman

Framework was removed yesterday, and there were several warnings about the framework file. In fact there still is a warning in the OP. I also mentioned the other installation method in the OP.
What I could do is post a zip with framework images, and leave it to the user to install for themselves??

Good deal....Yea i saw the warning but nothing was specific to the build which is what the issue was. No biggie at the end of the day just trying to keep the community informed.
26th November 2013, 04:13 PM |#94  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nampa, ID USA

Donate to Me
More
If anyone wants framework images for self installation, just PM me. Will put this message in OP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raiderman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raiderman Ad-Free
27th November 2013, 01:11 AM |#95  
Quote:

If anyone wants framework images for self installation, just PM me. Will put this message in OP.

Hey love the theme,is there any way u can make a flash able zip file so we can use the theme on the tmobile note 3 using att network with recovery since we dont have the locked bootloader,thanks in advance if possible
27th November 2013, 02:52 AM |#96  
Georgia
Thanks Meter: 940

More
Quote:

pm'd

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gubbilo144

Hey love the theme,is there any way u can make a flash able zip file so we can use the theme on the tmobile note 3 using att network with recovery since we dont have the locked bootloader,thanks in advance if possible

No because it's not fair that you can do that lol

,,l,.
27th November 2013, 11:11 AM |#97  
So I followed the directions. The keyboard is running fine and so is secmms. Couldn't get anything else to work. So I restored my stock apks for phone, contacts, gallery and settings. After a factory reset phone and contacts are working but I don't have settings or a gallery. To make matters worse I'm on mj5. Any ideas would help a bunch.
27th November 2013, 11:23 AM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Im on mj5 running everything but framework I used root browser it sets permission for u and copy paste is flawless... framework res worried me glad I held off...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
27th November 2013, 02:10 PM |#99  
Flag Memphis TN
Thanks Meter: 104

More
"Hey Mom I just bricked my 300$ phone Ive owned for less than 2 weeks because I refuse to read!" Gee I hope there Arent any busy intersections on his walk to Best Buy!
Priceless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
27th November 2013, 04:24 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 617

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanpeyton

"Hey Mom I just bricked my 300$ phone Ive owned for less than 2 weeks because I refuse to read!" Gee I hope there Arent any busy intersections on his walk to Best Buy!
Priceless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

No one refused to Read!!! i saw the warning "ONLY TESTED ON MY DEVICE" my point was now that we KNOW what the issue is others can avoid it. i dont really care. i was just saying if people knew they were from different bases it may help others.

great community here already i can tell. smh
27th November 2013, 05:05 PM |#101  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 836

More
Love love love what you have done here. It's beautiful. Question, I can't use framework-res and subsequently the secsettings.apk, I had to Odin 3 times before giving up on the framework. Have you ever thought about putting all this awesomeness into an Xtheme? Seems like it would be so much easier to apply and less risky, no?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)