ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11.0 [Alpine Kernel][01-16-2014]

Search This thread

mknewman

Dec 8, 2006
Houston, Tx
Full system encryption does not work. It starts but never finishes and after a reboot didn't seem to actually do anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Gen00

Apr 11, 2010
Miami
Flashed last night your newest build.. Everything running smooth and no RRs.. The only thing so far I found not working which u mentioned is the video recording.. But other then that running great..

Gen00

Apr 11, 2010
Miami
Are you Thinking of adding diablo kernel for this ROM?

JNMM

Aug 9, 2013
St. Paul
Is there any chance this phone will get the 3.4 kernel?

adsadsadsads

Jun 25, 2010
Working great! After a few weeks of the official not getting updates I moved over to this. Great to see customizable quick settings again! And installing .apk's is such a joy, really I almost forgot :)

With 4.4 NFC emulation, has anyone got Google Wallet working on the T989?

Almite

Mar 24, 2013
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Working great! After a few weeks of the official not getting updates I moved over to this. Great to see customizable quick settings again! And installing .apk's is such a joy, really I almost forgot :)

With 4.4 NFC emulation, has anyone got Google Wallet working on the T989?

I don't believe its possible yet, my next build (probably Thursday or Friday) may have the cherry-pick that enables NFC host card emulation support.

Reactions: adsadsadsads

Almite

Mar 24, 2013
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Same as official I can't get certain videos to play In browser that do play on 4.1.2 I tried same browser and even downloading a video player no luck :/

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you may have corrupt video files? or maybe a odd video format that isn't supported anymore, I just re-checked and I'm able to play videos on my phone's SD card and also from youtube.com through the default browser.

You may want to copy those files to your PC and re-encode the videos that are giving you problems, here is a free software to do it.

cgibbons51

Nov 7, 2012
Warwick RI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Sounds like you may have corrupt video files? or maybe a odd video format that isn't supported anymore, I just re-checked and I'm able to play videos on my phone's SD card and also from youtube.com through the default browser.

You may want to copy those files to your PC and re-encode the videos that are giving you problems, here is a free software to do it.

Well the video's work in 4.1.2 i never tried 4.3 but don't work in 4.4 its from the browser

decalman

Mar 4, 2013
PUERTO RICO
ratrodbikes.com
Running it with CWM 6.0.4.3.

Got screenshot on power menu running XposedInstaller_2.4-beta1.apk and hk.kennethso168.xposed.advancedrebootmenu_v10_348e72.apk

Ok Google works from any homescreen but it doesn't work with the screen off. Is that normal?

Is there a way to get original kitkat icons? Like for the dialer.

Everything seems to work except for the known video recording problem.

Awesome job!

View attachment 2418480

Phone.png

View attachment 2418482

View attachment 2418483

Sent from my SGH-T989 rocking Android Kitkat 4.4

Last edited:

Almite

Mar 24, 2013
Amazon Fire TV
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Running it with CWM 6.0.4.3.

Got screenshot on power menu running XposedInstaller_2.4-beta1.apk and hk.kennethso168.xposed.advancedrebootmenu_v10_348e72.apk

Ok Google works from any homescreen but it doesn't work with the screen off. Is that normal?

Is there a way to get original kitkat icons? Like for the dialer.

Everything seems to work except for the known video recording problem.

Awesome job!

Sent from my SGH-T989 rocking Android Kitkat 4.4

Screenshot on power menu is coming in next build - last nights build has it working, but ALL audio is broken, going to build later today and see if they fixed audio.
Ok Google works the way you stated, it don't work with screen off, which is normal.
The Kitkat dialer/phone icons will be in next build, they were officially merged to CM11 source code.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unofficial CM11.0 Rom with latest merged commits as of about 9:00pm EST 01-16-2014

This would not have been possible without the hard work of TeamChopsticks, CyanogenMod Team, Cl3Kener, XDA and everyone involved.

DO NOT ask for SUPPORT for this ROM in the OFFICIAL CM11 THREAD, ONLY ASK IN THIS THREAD!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

You must use a Jellybean Radio: T-Mobile or Telus
    You must use TWRP 2.6.1.0 or CWM 6.0.3.7+ recovery or you will boot loop!

Installation instructions
    1. Download ROM.
    2. Reboot into recovery.
    3. Please back up your ROM before you begin!.
    4. Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik, Android Secure, and (Preload if coming from stock rom).
    5. Flash the ROM.
    6. Flash the 4.4-compatible GAPPS (updated 12-09-2013) - these are also ART-compatible.
    7. Wipe Cache, Dalvik
    8. Reboot (expect a long 2-5 minute first boot).
    9. Let it sit for 10-15mins then reboot and setup.

Known Issues
    ~ Video recorded @ 1080P must be played back in landscape or phone reboots.
    ~ Video @ 720p does not record.
    ~ Zoom does not work for video recording.

Official Merged Changes/Fixes/Additions as of 01-16-2014 found here. (except the ones that break video recording)
    ~ ART is still in dev ops but moved way down to the Apps section near bottom.

NON-Official commits (my cherry-picks)
    ~ Camera Video - Playback/Recording fixed - including playback of recorded videos.
    ~ Removed - Allow disabling the Privacy Guard notification - not needed now that the lingering notification issue is fixed.
    ~ Telephony - Noise suppression for phone calls.
    ~ Settings - Lockscreen custom wallpaper/background - use gallery to set image.
    ~ Quick Settings - Option to show smaller tiles.
    ~ Animation Speeds - Default set to 0.5 in Dev ops.
    ~ Moved 'Clear all recents' to bottom left in portrait.

Other Changes
    ~ Alpine Kernel - CM based with Sweep2Wake.
    ~ Removed CM Account & CM Updater

Special Thanks To
    Cl3Kener
    CyanogenMod Team
    Team Chopsticks
    mikeyman77
    topprospect
    car vs driver
    dferg
    titanic_fanatic
    Google
    Samsung
    XDA
    and everyone involved that I forgot!

Special Note!
    I will only update this Rom a couple times since Official Nightlies have come out for our device.
    Tip for those that want to use the new "Ok Google" feature without having to have Google Now open, make sure you are using Launcher and NOT Launcher 3 as your default launcher, found in Settings > Home.
    New Build Up!

Updated OP with new build and changes etc...enjoy!
    Yes - Camera really working! :D

Changes/Fixes/Additions
    Fixes
    Fix mounting SD Card
    Install apps from SD
    Enabling ART 'should not' break Superuser
    Camera & Video working again (got broke around Nov 16-17, still no Video Recording
    Torch working again (was broken in 11-23-2013 build)

Official (Merged) New Features - some previous CM10.2 etc.
    Settings: Interface - Customizable Quick Settings/Ribbon
    Quick Settings: Re-add Quick pull-down
    Quick Settings: Swipe to switch - Adds the ability to switch to / from Quick Settings, using a sideways swipe gesture. (swipe at bottom of QS window)
    Settings: Sound > new Quiet Hours UI
    Settings: Sound > Bring back Volume dialog features
    Settings: Lock screen > Maximize Widgets
    Settings: Display > Better font size control
    Settings: Security > Add back SMS security limit
    Add the ability to recognize HSPA+ by creating a separate case for HSPAP and include new H+ icons.
    New CM wallpapers
    New CM Boot animation

Other NON-Official Merges
    More Animation Speeds - thanks to Cl3Kener, enable dev options and change Window, Transition, Animator from 1 to .5
    Missing Kitkat Phone icons from 11-15-2013, not sure how I missed them! :confused:
    Updated with new build and changes etc...enjoy.

See OP for changes - one of which is Video Recording fixed!
    new build

Updated OP with new build and changes etc...enjoy.
    Decided to do another build this morning since so many new commits got merged last night, about to test it now, if nothing is broke I'll have a updated build uploading soon with a couple extra cherry-picks.