[CLOSED][APP] tinyCAM 0.9.1 - Transform your PDA into Network Camera [10/11/2009]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

njbreaker

Feb 1, 2008
Excellent project! Perfectly works!

If this will help, the missing libraries are:
Code:
OpenNETCF.dll
OpenNETCF.Windows.Forms.dll
OpenNETCF.Net.dll

Best regards,
aDEO

aDEO is always willing to help those in need. ;)

Now I just gotta get this working for my phone.

Edit: works now w/ the update on 10/21/09

Last edited:

oztiks

Jan 1, 2009
Welcome to my latest project :)

Actually i wasn't able to be able to act as a Web Server when on operator network (gprs, edge, ...) and only got it to work over WiFi network.

PS - Works fine for me over Evdo on verizon. I guess your carrier is blocking port 80. You might want to consider adding an option to set the HTTP listening port for providers that block (like whomever you are using)

One more nice feature would be a way to adjust the resolution it captures in. Right now it's pretty low.

Either way, great app!

Attachments

• tinycam.jpg
    tinycam.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

w3t

Mar 1, 2009
Geneva
www.webcamxp.com
PS - Works fine for me over Evdo on verizon. I guess your carrier is blocking port 80. You might want to consider adding an option to set the HTTP listening port for providers that block (like whomever you are using)

One more nice feature would be a way to adjust the resolution it captures in. Right now it's pretty low.

Either way, great app!

You can modify the port in tinyCAM.exe.config, i've tried on 80, 8080, 8001 with no luck but did not try on more.

You are lucky to get it working over the operator network because this usually was my main goal :)

aatnet

Mar 2, 2009
hi from greece. it is a great program!, million thanks.
To those who are having problem try the latest build (0.8.0b).
My device is a rather old htc herald p4350 running wm6.0
thanks again!

skyalvinlee

Jul 30, 2009
KL
www.ybzcrewjournal.blogspot.com
Which phone model do you have ? Seems like a problem to retrieve pictures from the camera, i didn't test with many of them.

Would be nice that people report models on which it works and those were it doesn't.

I have a Glofiish x610 actually (as experimental device for WM coz its cheap) running B23075 smoothly despite the specs
Everything works except it cant grab pics from the cam :/

Last edited:

oztiks

Jan 1, 2009
You can modify the port in tinyCAM.exe.config, i've tried on 80, 8080, 8001 with no luck but did not try on more.

You are lucky to get it working over the operator network because this usually was my main goal :)

A convoluted but potentially functional way of doing it would be to create a VPN connection from the phone to your home connection/router, and then port forward from your router back over that VPN connection... Just my $0.02

figofigo

Mar 1, 2009
Cairo
its works ok but !!!!!
when i send to anyone my IP
192.168.1.X
page can't be displayed !!!!!!!!
what can i do ??

mh7

May 26, 2008
kuwait
its works ok but !!!!!
192.168.1.X
what can i do ??

many ppl who used it told me that
if the use it for out network its not working !!!
same network in home or work is working well

bu not out

is there a set for that

thanks for this great program

OndraSter

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2009
Prague
its works ok but !!!!!
192.168.1.X
what can i do ??
192.168.1.x is IP hidden behind a NAT, so if they're not connected to the same router (which you have probably in your home) it won't work, you must have public IP and forward the port on the router.

figofigo

Mar 1, 2009
Cairo
thanks for all who reply :):)
but i want to send my ip to another PC with different network to see it
can i know how ??
or is there thing to do ???

terry_mccann

May 3, 2009
It runs alright. But thing is, I dont understand how it works. I want to upload the pic to a certain ftp-address, but all it presents me with is an IP 192.168.2.xxx as the ftp-Server. Where or how can I enter my credentials for the upload???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to tinyCAM :)

The idea is to use the integrated camera and be able to connect using the web browser of another computer/pda to remotely monitor what is being captured in real-time so exactly what a network camera does excepted that you don't need any cable at all, not even a power cable...

I made the reverse project some time ago (webcamXP Mobile) allowing to view your network cameras on your PDA and this one seemed quite interesting too...

I wasn't able to be able to act as a Web Server while on operator network (gprs, edge, ...) and only got it to work over WiFi network. It seems to work for some people but most operators are blocking the fact to act as server...

Anyway, you can still use the Motion Detector + FTP upload feature in order to send the captured images to any ftp server.

Here are some screenshots:

PDA UI / Web page in browser:
    tinyCAMUI.JPG
    tinyCAMWebServer.JPG

Pre-requisites:
    You need .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and a device with integrated camera.

Informations:

The default username/password to access the web server : admin/admin. You can disable authentication by setting no user name in the settings.

Setting the wifi configuration of your device on "Max Performances" might reduce the autonomy but also seems to have a significant impact on frame rate. I'm able to get up to 4-5 fps with tinyCAM 0.8.7 which is already over my initial performances expectations because i think it's the max speed at which it's possible to capture images from the camera (on Touch HD at least).

webcamXP (for Windows) is now supporting tinyCAM as a network capture device so you can use the free version for more advanced features and to capture the stream. If you want to use webcamXP Mobile from another PDA it's also possible just select the webcamXP template, i'm using the same file names.

History:
    0.8.0b :
    Repacked with OpenNetCF

0.8.5 :
    Added basic authentication (password protection) support
    All settings can be edited from the application

0.8.7 :
    Fixed FTP Password setting not properly saved
    Fixed Authentication not working in every browsers
    Fixed Check Internet connection was not working
    Added Overlay features (Time, Battery, Temperature)
    Added Informations on Webpage (Time, Battery, Temperature,Uptime,Images requested,Kb transferred)
    HTTP Authentication can be disabled (Set an empty username in settings)
    Performances improvements

0.8.8 :
    Fixed motion sensivity adjustment not working / not saved
    Added possibility to select resolution (seems not working on most HTC due to incomplete directshow support)
    Possible to view images captured by motion detector through browser

0.9.0 :
    The motion detector is a bit more sensible as it wasn't detecting much
    Possible to customize upload filename (and set a fixed filename for all uploads)
    Possible to set a fixed ftp upload interval (without motion detector)
    Bigger preview
    Fixed software not exiting properly
    Fixed Time and temperature settings were mixed
    Updated to manalia sdk 2.1

0.9.1 :
    Fixed resolution selection might crash application
    Saving status of webserver / motion detector / ftp upload on application exit

Mod edit: Broken DL link removed.
    I do!

I've attached the file, and also placed it in my public Dropbox folder:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24159011/tinyCAM.CAB

I'm fairly certain that the source was never released though...
    And that's a real shame, as this is probably the best use of old WM devices!
    Hi,
    Can anyone send me the cab for this app, I had it running on one ofmy old phones a while ago but removed it at the time and would like to reinstall it but cant find the cab and the download on the front page seems to be down.
    Please PM Me for my email address.
    Many thanks
    You are a real lazy guy! :rolleyes:
    http://tinyurl.com/3bdpoa9