By A.S._id, Inactive Recognized Developer on 16th September 2013, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th November 2013, 08:33 PM |#211  
Flag Iraq
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockyneo

ya i have IMEI and still make calls and use mobile internet just not wifi and its since i tried flashing efs backup and returning to stock

Think your motherboard is messed up

If I were you and I had truly ran out of options I would:
Flash stock ROM through KIES emergency mode then send to Samsung for repair. If they tell you the warranty is void because of 0x1 either play the dumb card or say the phone has been restored to fully stock and the problem is still there, therefore it is a hardware problem. Although if you are not in Europe their blanket voiding statement may apply, in which case the dumb card may be a better option.

By the way, what exactly did you do before you ended up getting this problem?
28th November 2013, 08:36 PM |#212  
Flag In The Matrix
Thanks Meter: 358

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prank1

Think your motherboard is FUBAR.

If I were you and I had truly ran out of options I would:
Flash stock ROM through KIES emergency mode then send to Samsung for repair. If they tell you the warranty is void because of 0x1 either play the dumb card or say the phone has been restored to fully stock and the problem is still there, therefore it is a hardware problem. Although if you are not in Europe their blanket voiding statement may apply, in which case the dumb card may be a better option.

lol ya i thought it might be just strange its worked fine till i did that i even have my wifi mac adress still and wifi switches on and find networks and put password in then it freezzes and say cannot conect to network
28th November 2013, 09:08 PM |#213  
Flag Iraq

More
Quote:

lol ya i thought it might be just strange its worked fine till i did that i even have my wifi mac adress still and wifi switches on and find networks and put password in then it freezzes and say cannot conect to network

Try connecting to a friends router. Maybe the problem is with your router? Unlikely but might as well try and rule it out.
28th November 2013, 09:53 PM |#214  
Flag In The Matrix

More
WELL FINALLY DONE IT

all this time i needed to install busybox then flash the efs back on the phone and to might mighty supprise i now have working wifi just when i pritty much give up hope and was going on ebay ha ha

thanks guys for all your help
28th November 2013, 10:17 PM |#215  
Flag Iraq

More
Quote:

WELL FINALLY DONE IT

all this time i needed to install busybox then flash the efs back on the phone and to might mighty supprise i now have working wifi just when i pritty much give up hope and was going on ebay ha ha

thanks guys for all your help

That's great. Did you restore using the EFS using the program in this thread?
28th November 2013, 10:25 PM |#216  
Flag In The Matrix

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prank1

That's great. Did you restore using the EFS using the program in this thread?

ya i backed up with this tool from the begining and used it to restore i selected option 4 and it flashed the efs file back on

think the key to most peoples problems is busybox make sure its installed as well as the usual (usb debugging ect)
29th November 2013, 01:36 AM |#217  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalao

Before starting, check the following:

• Device is fully rooted
  • SuperSU (or equivalent) is active
  • USB debugging is ON (Settings->More->About device: Tap several times on "Build number" to enable Developer options and tick USB debugging)
  • Busybox downloaded AND installed (normal or smart) on your device
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 installed on your PC
  • Samsung USB driver is installed (either by installing Kies or just the driver alone.
  • Kies is not active (neither as application nor process, check Windows Taskmanager)
  • ADB fully functional ("adb devices" recognises your phone) -- (look here for a basic ADB tutorial/how to)
  • In case ADB is not running you need to install the ADB driver
  • Run EFS Professional as administrator.
  • Make sure to grant SuperSU access to Shell and confirm the RSA fingerprint request once they pop up on your screen.
  • Of course, your device should be on the home screen, not on the lock screen
Now you should be able to access the features of the programme and make an EFS backup.

I had adb running but it couldnt find a device. all the other stuff i did. This tool cant find my phone i guess..
how do i make adb find my cell and does that tool always have to run?
its weird cos win 8.1 x64 finds my phone once its connected.
29th November 2013, 06:02 AM |#218  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassinni

I had adb running but it couldnt find a device. all the other stuff i did. This tool cant find my phone i guess..
how do i make adb find my cell and does that tool always have to run?
its weird cos win 8.1 x64 finds my phone once its connected.

WARNING: Do not use the programme promoted in this thread!
It will backup your EFS incompletely and the backup is useless if you want to restore your EFS partitions later. I had my N9005 bricked and the backup I made before was useless and didn't work at all, I also saw other users making the same experience. Just stay away from it.

EFS Professional v2.0.70 is only an option if you are running on JB 4.2.2 or below with SELinux status set to permissive. If you have a locked bootloader (MJ3 firmware and above), downgrading will trip Knox 0x1 and your warranty is void.

You can also do a backup using a custom recovery but flashing it will also trip Knox 0x1.

If you don't care about Knox and have already tripped it then just do a backup with TWRP or CWM as it is the easiest way to restore your EFS in case you need it later at some point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chalao For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chalao Ad-Free
29th November 2013, 07:35 AM |#219  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks bro. Does titanium backup pro do efs backups?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
29th November 2013, 07:47 AM |#220  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,969

Donate to Me
More
A note about development.

As with ALL development tools, ROMs, kernels, Root, Recoveries, etc, When you use these tools, there is always a chance things don't go well. Trust me, I've bricked a new tablet before, so I know.

We ALL know the risks when doing these things. If you are not prepared to take the risks, then don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to.

Although Dev's usually try and minimize the chances of a bricked device, the risk still remains. This is inherent with most tools.

I've had a report to close this thread due to bricked devices. From what I've seen, I really haven't seen a lot of bricked devices, but more so some refinement of the app itself. (busybox, USB Debug, improper naming of file)

At this point, I am inclined not to close the thread based on what I've read. Seems the tool works for most people (with some changes). However, any more bricked devices and I might change my mind.

Be Aware of the RISKS before you use the tool. If you'e not prepared, then Don't do it. Simple.

MD
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free
29th November 2013, 12:43 PM |#221  
Flag In The Matrix

More
Well I backed up with this app and I've just restored with the app too after I corrupted my efs and it's went fine the mistake I was doing was not having busy box installed when running the app I've done a backup through aroma and twrp just to be safe but as far as I'm aware when used properly the app seems to work or at least for me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brockyneo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brockyneo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)