win741.com - Windows 7 student upgrade- $29.99

Search This thread

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
so I know this has pretty much absolutely nothing to do with development, other than the fact that an OS is where most of the stuff starts, but I just wanted to share with you guys that if you have a .edu email address (a student address) you qualify for the student upgrade to either windows7 home premium or Professional.

for more info go to win741.com.

Mods will probably lock this or move it, but I just had to share this with a community that has given me so much!

direct link to site

just FYI - this is all through windows, and is 100% real.

notxel21

Dec 2, 2008
Jacksonville
twitter.com
so I know this has pretty much absolutely nothing to do with development, other than the fact that an OS is where most of the stuff starts, but I just wanted to share with you guys that if you have a .edu email address (a student address) you qualify for the student upgrade to either windows7 home premium or Professional.

Mods will probably lock this or move it, but I just had to share this with a community that has given me so much!

direct link to site

Wrong place but great find! :cool:
I'm upgrading today!! (good thing I have a .edu account for just this occasion)

jay652

May 6, 2009
Washington, DC
I mean, it's a nice gesture, but it really doesn't belong here, especially not in the development section. If you doubt yourself, you probably should steer clear of posting.

Besides, Android caters particularly to the Linux constituency, so, you know.

Again, thanks for the info, but some advertisement about a new Windows version is entirely unrelated to the development of the Android platform.

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
i know its in the wrong place, in the wrong forum completely. I also know that Linux is the primary for android, but I just wanted to share and get this out there. Like I said in the OP, just wanted to give back. I could have posted this is Dream general, but honestly, who would have looked there...?

FiFTYSiX

Mar 16, 2009
ibtl27bf23xd0.jpg

prince.siraj

Feb 18, 2009
Loma Linda

direct link to site

Oh nice. I wish I had a .edu lol

rynosaur

Nov 29, 2008
Dekalb
promoting M$ in a 'Nix-friendly environment

Pretty crafty! Now all we need is someone offering to generate .edu email addresses to really get XDA sued!

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2009-10-22-18h11m39s149.jpg
    vlcsnap-2009-10-22-18h11m39s149.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 26

harrr0

Jun 8, 2009
Well, if you have a .edu email address, you should check to see if your school is part of the MSDNAA. They give out free software, including Windows 7 Professional along with other OSes and developer programs. I am currently using Windows 7 Professional for free!

chris10230

May 19, 2008
I can better this one the beauty of msndaa, had a copy of 7 professional since beginning of september! Ahh it feels good to be lucky. O yeh best as well it was free :eek: Well good for a poor student!