487 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By SykesAT, Senior Member on 21st July 2010, 02:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd July 2010, 06:01 AM |#11  
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Gel/jelly are the same as silicone cases (soft)- not the same as crystal/TPU cases (a bit harder).

-bZj

_____
-sent from my Samsung Vibrant via XDAapp

22nd July 2010, 07:41 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
YOU DONT KNOW ****!!!!!!! lol j/k ok lets just call it TPU and Silicone to keep it simple

just ordered my TPU case with 3 screen protectors (you know since i have 3 screens) and three wipe cloths (in case i forget my hanky?) as you can see in the description its a "Silicone" TPU case, it must be a hybrid case? lol j/k Ebay descriptions misinform everyone

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

when i "Google'd" Gel case and Jelly case and clicked on "images" a whole **** load of TPU cases came up BTW
22nd July 2010, 12:44 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

More
^^^ that's what got me kind of confused cause eBayers can list their products as multiple materials and only when you get in and read the fine print does it clarify what it is exactly. I was about to buy the exact one you bought but the buy it now price jumped to $43 as I was going though the checkout process...

thanks for everyone's help with this. Last night I bought a cheapy (link) to hold me over till there are more options.
22nd July 2010, 11:11 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
finally went to the t moble store and got their case. its the same as the one a few posts back that has pictures. I do like it, but wish it fit just a little more snug. im coming from a mytouch that had a snap on hard shell, so im used to them fitting tight. this will do for now. thanks for the info

now, guess ill order the clearfreaks screen protector from ebay... not thrilled, but dont see to many other "good" options at this point
2nd December 2013, 04:08 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
is it true that the silicon type of cases doesnt allow the heat to dissipate and heats up the device ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)